Canada West Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia, Yukon, NWT

DTP In Calgary May 28th, 05.

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005
Just your Ordinary, Average Guy... IN A HOT CIVIC!! HAHAHA!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blue-Wolf is an unknown quantity at this point
DTP In Calgary May 28th, 05.

Anyone from here, besides me that is, going to the Driven To Perform show at the Calgary Olympic Oval on Saturday May 28th? I'm actually showing there, but wondering if anyone else is showing or going to check it out?

Would be nice to meet some of the other 7th gen members.
Old 05-16-2005
Banned
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
I will be there for the 3x dbdrag!!

Silver Civic from BC

I am spending lots of money and driving for 10 hours each way to make this trip so you better friggin come by and say whats up!! I have a 7thgencivic.com plate frame on the front of my car so I will be easy to spot

I am pre-registered so this is a sure thing
Old 05-25-2005

I'm pre-registered too. :-) Come check me out too! I have the civic in the pics with the 7thgencivic.com stickers and the CivicEvolutions decals on both back passenger door windows.
Old 05-30-2005
Banned

MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
So how about some comments on the show... I think it sucked... maybe worth the trip to meet some new people and bring home some new hardware (trophies), but compared to the comparable big import shows in Vancouver (more recently, SCN) there was just no comparison.... you guys have a LOT of SICK JDM, but that was unfortunately all that impressed me

did meet blue-wolf though, cool guy and a hell of a ncie car, also met some other guy in a pink shirt that was from this site but can't remember the name
Old 05-30-2005
Historic Member

CdnSilverStreak is a glorious beacon of lightCdnSilverStreak is a glorious beacon of lightCdnSilverStreak is a glorious beacon of lightCdnSilverStreak is a glorious beacon of lightCdnSilverStreak is a glorious beacon of lightCdnSilverStreak is a glorious beacon of light
I was going to go. What exactly didn't impress you?
Old 05-30-2005

For one, security sucked. Second, it wasn't really organized all that well. 3rd, the stage for the breakdance stuff was allowed to be WAAAAAAYYYYYY too loud (Like distorted so you couldn't understand a damn word they were saying. 4th, I would go on but what's the point. The judges never even really did much. Came over, took a quick glance, marked done on the contestant sheet, and said they didn't have time to find out what you had done to your car and moved on.

I met the same guy you were talking about, Megahurtz. Can't remember his name either. And, your car was awsome. Sorry I didn't get a chance to come and see you before we all drove out, but I'm sure we'll see each other again.
Old 05-30-2005
Bushido

MrWong is an unknown quantity at this point
The sad truth is most shows are like that. V8less nights is probally the worst, esp when they held it in Northlands Sportex which is not good because it was hot, muggy, and too much sound echo.
Old 05-30-2005
Bring Hockey Back!

chrisgushue is an unknown quantity at this point
^^welcome to alberta shows, sorry i didnt make it but my sisters grad took up the entire day, my buddy won best j-body tho which was cool, too abd the strd wernt allowed to go but when your sponsered by bf goodrich a toyo event isnt exactly a good fit
Old 05-30-2005

It was still a good time tho. Met alot of people, seen alot of nice cars, and got a few ideas for my own.

I said it before tho, I didn't expect to win, but it was a different experience. Would have been nicer if they actually had more than just pizxza there for purchase.
Old 05-30-2005
Historic Member

CdnSilverStreak is a glorious beacon of lightCdnSilverStreak is a glorious beacon of lightCdnSilverStreak is a glorious beacon of lightCdnSilverStreak is a glorious beacon of lightCdnSilverStreak is a glorious beacon of lightCdnSilverStreak is a glorious beacon of light
HIN (Hot Import Nights) was still one of the best shows for me, although it is a little pricey...
Old 05-30-2005
Banned

Originally Posted by CdnSilverStreak
I was going to go. What exactly didn't impress you?
Maybe I just set too high a standard for myself... on another forum somebody mentioned that comparing a show in Alberta to one in BC would be like comparing one in BC to one in California. Some NICE rides for sure, I guess I just thought there were going to be more cars, more high dollar vehicles, and more spectators (I figure only 2000 or so came through during the day?)... it's all good though, I had a good time, a hell of an experience and if a similar event was to happen again (car audio comp combined with car show) I would almost certainly be there
Old 05-30-2005
Banned

and glad to see you liked my car bluewolf didn't see you come over and look at it though, maybe I was elsewhere

btw in the sound competition I took 1st place in USACi SQ Consumer 601+, 1st place in dB Drag Bass Race 119.9dB and down, 2nd place in dB Drag Street A, so not a bad haul for me at all
Old 05-30-2005

Originally Posted by MegaHurtz
and glad to see you liked my car bluewolf didn't see you come over and look at it though, maybe I was elsewhere

btw in the sound competition I took 1st place in USACi SQ Consumer 601+, 1st place in dB Drag Bass Race 119.9dB and down, 2nd place in dB Drag Street A, so not a bad haul for me at all
Yeah, not sure where you were, but it's all good. Anyway, I was going to enter the DB Drag, but didn't. Still need to tweak my stereo a bit, but think I will enter the next one here in Edmonton (I think they are doing it here anyway...). So, if you are coming up, let me know. I live in Edmonton so we can use my Prelude to bomb around and have a few drinks or whatever.
Old 05-30-2005
Bring Hockey Back!

chrisgushue is an unknown quantity at this point
ya if speedtech was there you would have seen alot more nicer vehicles, nicks lude and integ, the protege 5, and a bunch of other turbo monsters, scn will be a LOT better though imo
Old 05-30-2005
Banned

SCN here was pretty good, however after seeing DTP in Calgary I don't think I will be entering DTP Vancouver

and wolf I might be out there later in the year for another show, probably Calgary so we can meet up then... I don't come out there often (it's a helluva drive) but when I do it's always a good time
Old 05-30-2005

Yeah, I'm not sure if I'll make it back to Calgary this year or not. I damaged my car on the way out Friday, so I have some work to do. If I do come out again, the car will be on the back of a trailer as to avoid the damn roads.
Old 05-30-2005

Should have added that this was the first time I had the car on the highway since it was modified so I wanted to see how it handled, and it handled really nice actually.
Old 05-30-2005
Banned

this was the biggest road trip I have done with my car... granted my car is stock externally except for the wheels, so I did not expect any problems. It handled the trip really well. On top of the 950 km's that I did the night before to make it to Calgary, we did about 900 to Williams Lake, BC the next day to officiate another show, then another 550 or so back home fun times
Old 06-09-2005
Banned

I remember looking at mr. pink shirt's install and i was thinking I've seen it before, but couldn't put a finger on it... then reading PASmag today, i saw the SAME install in a different 7th gen from Calgary, I guess he bought the install off the guy... oh well, it was bugging me so I thought I would say MYSTERY SOLVED!
Old 06-13-2005

Grin, oh well. What ever happened to origionality counting for something in these shows? I mean, everyone has the same thing... Motorized in dash DVD, usually more people have the cheapo racing seats, painted this, stitched that... Dunno, I think maybe I expected more...

Just my opinion tho.