Canada West Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia, Yukon, NWT

Interior BC People

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2004
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civicstyle82 is a name known to allcivicstyle82 is a name known to allcivicstyle82 is a name known to allcivicstyle82 is a name known to allcivicstyle82 is a name known to allcivicstyle82 is a name known to allcivicstyle82 is a name known to allcivicstyle82 is a name known to all
Interior BC People

I've been seeing a lot of 7thgen's lately, wondering if anyone on here is from the interior?

Brill is going to say he was because he has to up his post count.
Old 08-29-2004
Registered!!

Peasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to behold
i may be moving to kamloops...whats the 7thgen thing like around there...? Here in southwestern ontario there is a huge group of us...just wondering if it is the same...we have weekly meets...or is it a van city type thing?
Old 08-29-2004
Historic Member

CdnSilverStreak is a glorious beacon of lightCdnSilverStreak is a glorious beacon of lightCdnSilverStreak is a glorious beacon of lightCdnSilverStreak is a glorious beacon of lightCdnSilverStreak is a glorious beacon of lightCdnSilverStreak is a glorious beacon of light
Heh heh, we need a Sicamous meet just for you Jarrod.
Old 08-29-2004
Registered!!

civicstyle82 is a name known to allcivicstyle82 is a name known to allcivicstyle82 is a name known to allcivicstyle82 is a name known to allcivicstyle82 is a name known to allcivicstyle82 is a name known to allcivicstyle82 is a name known to allcivicstyle82 is a name known to all
Haha, it's awful here, I see some cars with minor mods and such but I have no one.
Old 08-29-2004
Registered!!

Peasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to behold
where is simacous? near what city?
Old 08-29-2004
Registered!!

Haha Sicamous, is an hour a a half north of Kelowna and an hour and a half east of Kamloops.
Old 08-29-2004
Registered!!

brill is just really nicebrill is just really nicebrill is just really nicebrill is just really nice
you know i have a much better place to PW.

and for the record, i am from the interior. i'll never be from the coast, i just live here temporarily.
Old 10-04-2004
Registered!!

brill is just really nicebrill is just really nicebrill is just really nicebrill is just really nice
hey hey -- headsup interior people im moving back to Vernon . wewt!
Old 10-05-2004
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
I went to the Interior a lot this summer, I was in Vernon twice and I even passed through Sicamous on my way to Calgary for a car show.

civicstyle82: did you happen to see a purple Civic on a trailer with a matching purple dodge shadow following behind it on like August 28 or 31? Well if so that was us

brill: w00t for Abbotsford, I am a student at UCFV. You ever wanna meet up some time gimme a holler.

Boy_R_D: Kamloops is a cool place . I know some awesome guys in the audio shops there.
Old 10-07-2004
Registered!!

Sorry, didn't see any cars haha.

Brill cool that you're moving here, I'm thinking about moving to kelowna sometime within the next 6-8 months maybe, if i can get transferred.
Old 10-24-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by MegaHurtz
Boy_R_D: Kamloops is a cool place . I know some awesome guys in the audio shops there.

what is insurance like in b.c. i know that you guys have that ICBC thing..what do u guys pay? and according to their site you get a discount for claim free driving..do u know if thats comprehensive because i just got my car broken into and thats the only claim i have ever had...i hope that that does not affect me....

sweet...i don't wanna move out there and lose the "car club" atmosphere it would be cool to hang out with guys who know how to do DIY's and stuff like that...
Old 10-30-2004
Registered!!

It's a hell of a lot cheaper than Alberta haha

I pay $156/month
Old 10-31-2004
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
I pay... I dunno quite a bit because it's a new car, but a lot cheaper than other places I am sure. I DID have a heart attack when they gave me the bill, but if it's any consolation I recovered fairly quick.

As far as Kamloops... I don't know what the scene is like there. I know some audio guys there, but what the import scene in general is like, I don't know. I don't want to say it doesn't exist, but I have never heard of it. In the Lower Mainland it is a different story, there are tons of tuners down here we have meets every so often, a lot of us know how to do DIY's, we have garages and all that. The Lower Mainland I would imagine is more active than Kamloops in the scene, but Kamloops I'm sure is good in its own way
Old 06-14-2012
Registered!!

MogRules is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Interior BC People

Originally Posted by Peasey
what is insurance like in b.c. i know that you guys have that ICBC thing..what do u guys pay? and according to their site you get a discount for claim free driving..do u know if thats comprehensive because i just got my car broken into and thats the only claim i have ever had...i hope that that does not affect me....

sweet...i don't wanna move out there and lose the "car club" atmosphere it would be cool to hang out with guys who know how to do DIY's and stuff like that...
I am from Kamloops but I don't have a 7th gen Civi, I started with an 8th gen and have since traded in for a 9th gen civic. As for numbers there are quite a few 7th gen around but a lot of them are a little worse for wear , very few of them have been maintained or had any mods or changes done to them. I find most of them are just young kids that like to tint the windows out and throw stupidly loud mufflers on them that sound like go karts.

In terms of ICBC....you love them or hate them for the most part. I grew up under the impression that BC had it bad because we have to go though ICBC and not have a choice for the most part but once I actually became old enough to drive and got an education on how some of the other provinces work I quickly came to realise that while ICBC can be a pain to deal with if you have a claim sometimes our rates can be far better then a lot of other places. You do get some pretty good discounts if you keep a safe driving record and you don't lose that discount if you make a claim for something like damage to your vehicle from vandalism or anything like that. If you are involved in an accident and it is in any way your fault then yes you lose your discount if you choose to not just pay out the claim but if someone keys your car or something like that then no you don't lose your discount although you do have a maximum number of those claims before it would impact your discount, i think it is 3 a year or something like that. My 2012 Civic is about $135 a month with my 43% discount and I think about $1400ish a year I think...