Canada West Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia, Yukon, NWT

Duty/Customs/Brokerage Fees

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Redevil is an unknown quantity at this point
Duty/Customs/Brokerage Fees

Anyone have experience with shipping Rims and Tires from the US to Canada?

I need to know what I'm looking at for Duty, Custom, and Brokerage Fees. I have never ordered rims from the US before. Are the fees crazy for rims and tires?

Please let me know with what you have experienced.

Thanks
Ariane
Old 10-21-2003
Registered!!

Oishi is an unknown quantity at this point
a lot...i had my cf tails shipped from the us...brokerage fees = $50 =
stupid ups
Old 10-21-2003
Registered!!

Redevil is an unknown quantity at this point
How much was your purchase in the begining? before the brokerage fees?

Originally posted by Oishi
a lot...i had my cf tails shipped from the us...brokerage fees = $50 =
stupid ups
Old 10-22-2003
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

bamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of light
Don't think it's UPS' fault, or else I would just go with Fedex.
Old 10-24-2003
Registered!!

Blown is an unknown quantity at this point
UPS has the worst brokerage fees ever! I boycott them now.
Old 10-24-2003
Registered!!

Oishi is an unknown quantity at this point
my purchase was 150 canadian...its in the size of the box too...the bigger they are then you can't say its a gift
Old 10-24-2003

bamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of light
Why can't big boxes be gift?
My aunt send me a set of rims as gift?
Old 11-22-2003

i got my rims+tires shipped by UPS from US and I paid nothing when it arrived at my house.
Old 12-06-2003
Super Hoser

turboslug will become famous soon enoughturboslug will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by bamb00
Why can't big boxes be gift?
My aunt send me a set of rims as gift?
i think after a certain dollar value, you'll still get taxed even if it is a gift.
Old 12-06-2003

so i guess you'll have to declare the value low, i got my set of rims and tires with no brokerage fee, nice huh
Old 12-11-2003
Super Hoser

turboslug will become famous soon enoughturboslug will become famous soon enough
so i guess you'll have to declare the value low, i got my set of rims and tires with no brokerage fee, nice huh
that wont work...i think the dollar value has to be under around $20cad

haha, what rims are that cheap?
Old 12-11-2003

the rims+tire package came 850 USD shipped, and why won't it work? it's the seller's decision how much they want to declare, they can declare 5 bucks for all they care, not like they are gaining anything off brokerage anyway
Old 03-05-2004
Shinier than yours, meatbag

Hurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud of
i got my rims+tires shipped by UPS from US and I paid nothing when it arrived at my house.

I would suggest that this is a fluke, because I ship product from the us on a weekly basis at work and I never have any luck with customs and I use a customs broker in Blaine. Unless your rims are made in the states, in that situation the NAFTA will see them though without tax and duty.

If you have any customs questions call Pacific Customs Brokers http://www.pcb.ca

imp: imp: imp: imp: imp: imp: imp: imp: imp: imp: imp: imp:

Last edited by Hurts2bStock; 03-05-2004 at 03:31 PM.
Old 04-29-2004
Registered!!

harvichi is an unknown quantity at this point
I had a bumper shippped, which the seller put a value of $100 and the duty and brokerage fees were $50. It was sent with FedEX.
Old 12-14-2004
Who is Mike Jones?

weedo has disabled reputation
size doesnt matter for a gift...i got my car as a "gift" from the states
Old 12-25-2004
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Hurts2bStock
I would suggest that this is a fluke, because I ship product from the us on a weekly basis at work and I never have any luck with customs and I use a customs broker in Blaine. Unless your rims are made in the states, in that situation the NAFTA will see them though without tax and duty.

If you have any customs questions call Pacific Customs Brokers http://www.pcb.ca

imp: imp: imp: imp: imp: imp: imp: imp: imp: imp: imp: imp:
I probably use the same broker. They are called Hagen's of Blaine and are just on the other side of the border, so when you have a package you ship it there like it is your regular address then go across and pick it up, takes like 10 minutes. No delays at customs, no duty if you use the right lie (warranty repair is a good one). If it is possible for you to find a similar company just across the Alberta border that will do the same, that is probably your best bet.
Old 08-03-2005
Registered!!

scarypunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past
it can get very expenisve. depedning on what u claim .. they give a 140$ allowance for gifts.

you have to pay pst/gst on all shipments. make sure they are very clearly marked IN DETAIL so customs doesnt rip em open like they did to my coilovers
Old 08-05-2005
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
I was recently told that $300 worth of merch could be brought over duty free in one day. True? False?
Old 03-11-2010
Registered!!

broker is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Duty/Customs/Brokerage Fees

I work a Customs Broker and here are a few things for your info

-if the goods are imported personally and made in the US/Canada/MX they will be duty free - but subject to GST & PST

-if the goods ship with a commercial LTL carrier (over 150lbs), the carrier will request a broker so their trucks can border clear. you do have the option to have the goods go inbond where you can self clear - keep in mind warehouse/storage fees

- if you have courier goods (UPS/FEDEX/DHL) and the value is under $1600 cdn they will clear it on your behalf unless they have instructions to turn it over to another broker or self clear.

- Customs will require a fair market value - $5 will not fly - Customs can contact the seller or do their own searches- if they feel the goods are under valued they can issue fines to the importer

- brokers charge a fee 'brokerage' based on the value of your goods, generally on a sliding scale.

Thank you to the person who mentioned pcb

Quick Reply: Duty/Customs/Brokerage Fees