Electronics Post your questions about Electronics problems here!

Apps installation

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2022
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mlauson is an unknown quantity at this point
Apps installation

Hi,

I imagine this has been covered before but can anyone provide step by step instructions on installing apps on the head unit? The manual has absolutely no info on that, and googling it yields a lot of crazy hacking that I'm leery about. I have an android, not apple FYI. Thanks!
Old 01-21-2022
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Apps installation

Don’t they come from your phone onto the head unit? So if you wanted Pandora you would download it onto your phone.
Old 01-21-2022
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,149 Likes on 803 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Apps installation

Originally Posted by GolNat
Don’t they come from your phone onto the head unit? So if you wanted Pandora you would download it onto your phone.
kinda.... If its a carplay/android auto thing, then yeah. BUT, if you're installing waze, netflix, ktuner, etc. that's a different story

OP, I'll get back to you on that. I installed Honda Hack on my car at the time I retrofitted the touchscreen infotainment into my car, so I'll have to remember if I went through Honda Hack or if there's a way to straight up install apps via USB. I just remember that I side-loaded the KTuner APK via flash drive, but netflix, I was able to download while hot-spotting my phone.