Brakes Post your questions about Brakes problems here!

2017 Civic Hatchback

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Civicbw2017 is an unknown quantity at this point
2017 Civic Hatchback

I have a 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback and when I'm applying the brakes I hear a slight grinding or rubbing noise. I was wondering if anyone else had the same problem. I have less than 2k miles on it and my dealership says its due to the material that the brakes are made of. Personally, I never heard of a new car with noisy brakes.
Old 04-26-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SIngram is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2017 Civic Hatchback

Never heard of this happening on a new car... Doesn't happen on mine, and I have an older Civic.

Does it sound like normal break grinding? Or is it different?

In my experience grinding is from wear to the brake pads or rotors.

If you can't get an answer here, you could test drive a new 2017 Civic and listen for the sound?

At least that way you would know if the dealership is full of it (which is my guess).
Old 04-26-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2017 Civic Hatchback

First couple stops of the day? May be normal.
All the time? Maybe not. Compare to another new identical car on the dealers lot.

I've seen cars that sit still too long develop rust patches on the rotors that can make noise and vibration.

and my dealership says
Did they tell you this without actually driving the car and experiencing what you experience?