Canada East Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, PEI, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland

MEET @ CAYUGA - FIRST IMPORT EVENT-sticky-

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ELaudio is an unknown quantity at this point
huh?

Last season, it was $20 to race on Fridays, $10 to spectate. As many runs as you can get in. One night I got there right when it opened, and ran my car NINE times in a row, with less than 5 minutes between each run. My clutch overheated = slipped like a ****... When I had my AEM CAI and Magnaflow I was running in the mid-16s, best time was a 16.525.

To anyone who hasn't been there - I HIGHLY recommend it whether you chose to race or not. Mind you, if you are making the trip you might as well run your car for the extra 10 bucks. Fridays nights have the most variety - I raced an early model chevy chevette that ran in the 22's, followed by a supercharged camaro in the 12's... Lots of imports though (at least 50%).

I usually go 5-6 times every summer with my brother (he has a 96 camaro Z-28 and a Sentra SE-R Spec V.) ----
Old 03-09-2003
Registered!!

iamfob is an unknown quantity at this point
$20 to race sounds much better....$50 is too much
so can we set something up for friday night?
Old 03-09-2003
Registered!!

1973 is an unknown quantity at this point
my point was to make a day trip out of it......i don't think comming up with $50 by june 1 will kill anyone....there's so many more cars to watch run at an actual event....whatever, this is only one meet, you don't even have to run....if thats all your interested in, the best time to go is a test/tune day, you can run all day...not just a couple of hours, let your car cool down after a couple of passes, and so on....if you guys want to set up a friday night meet lets do it....i'll be down at the track way before june 1 to run, the point here is to check out runs+an organized race event...[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]
Old 03-10-2003
Registered!!

ELaudio is an unknown quantity at this point
1973 - Good point... On a test/tune day you get the WHOLE day... I think Cayuga opens at either 6pm or 7pm on Fridays, and closes around 11:00pm. Plus, it's dark outside so you can't do to much tuning or admiring other's cars...

I went to one test-and-tune with my bro as a spectator/crew chief for his car. Good day overall, we went on a Sunday. Most of the day was dominated by domestics (lots of camaros, firebirds, mustangs, corvettes and 60s/70s muscle cars). I just like fridays because of the VARIETY. For $20 people will race ANYTHING. I've seen a guy run a late 80s Dodge caravan, gutted to bare sheet metal on the inside, best time in the high 17s. Then there was a beat up, rusted late 60's chevy pickup truck that ran in the mid-13s!!!! I mean, everytime I go on a Friday I have a slew of stories and oddities...

Needless to say I am anxious for the spring. Although as my earlier posts indicated, I may be getting rid of my 1.7EL and re-joining the ranks of Miata owners. Had a 1991 miata before my acura, and I miss it. Some call it a toy, but once you've owned one and driven one, there is NOTHING at that price-point that compares in terms of handling and sheer fun-factor.
Old 03-11-2003
Registered!!

Blkcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Can i come??? but i ain't racing with my 4 dr[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-nono.gif[/IMG]
Old 03-11-2003
Registered!!

SedanBoy is an unknown quantity at this point
yo Blkcivic..... put a few runs on your ride..... i'm probably gonna go, so you won't be the only slow 4dr... heehee.....
Old 03-11-2003
Registered!!

iamfob is an unknown quantity at this point
i have the slowest sedan in can east. dont worry guys
Old 03-12-2003
Registered!!

1973 is an unknown quantity at this point
hey EL guy, even if you sell your car, bring the miata.......the reason i don't want to go on a test and tune day is because i want all of us to check out some organized racing.....don't worry guys, the organized racing doesn't start untill 2-3pm...we can get down there early and run for at least 2-4 hours or watch everyone else run, there is a huge variety of cars, not just imports......good to see a couple of more people signing on, remember, you DON'T have to race....hey FOB, i'll race ya down the track and i'll leave out second gear....