Canada East Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, PEI, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland

Never deal with Automotive-Warehouse

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firewall is an unknown quantity at this point
Never deal with Automotive-Warehouse

Here is a copy of the complaint I have sent to the GM of Automotive-warehouse located in Niagara on the lake:

Dear Mr. Steinhaus (general manager of Automotive-warehouse)

I would like to officially make a complaint, as I have never been served this poorly before. I called your shop after seeing many ads in different import magazines. I was looking to buy a set of Yokohama Parada Spec-2 tires in size 215/35/18. I dealt with a gentleman called Eddie, who quoted me around $300 a tire, but told me he could probably get me a real good price on a set of Falkens FK-451. He said he would call the shop and call me back the next day in the morning, since it was close to 5:00 PM. I agreed, waiting for Eddie's phone call on the next day, but it never came...

I called Eddie back, he said he had lost my number and couldn't call back. He then put me on hold and called his distributor to get the price. The price I was quoted at was $212 a tire, a price at which I would buy the tires right away. I confirmed with him that it was indeed $212 a tire for a set of Falken FK-451 in size 215/35/18, and he said yes. I asked him if it would be possible to get the tire shipped to Montreal, he said yes, he took my number down again and said he would call and ask how much the shipping would be, and call me right back. A few hours later, having not received a phone call yet, I called Eddie back and asked if he had any news. He said he had lost my phone number AGAIN and couldn't call me back. He then put me on hold to call the shipping company, which means he hadn't called the shipping company like he had said he would do. After checking with the shipping company, he told me it would cost around $50 to get it shipped overnight to my house in the Montreal area.

Perfect! I was ready to order, but I inquired what was the situation for taxes, since I live in Quebec, and shouldn't be charged the Ontario sales taxes. He said he would have a secretary look into this and call me back in 10-15 minutes. A few hours later, still no news. I call back once more, ask for Eddie, get put on hold for 10 minutes before getting fed up, hanging up and calling again. I ask for Eddie again, same situation, 10 minutes on hold, no one answering. I hang up AGAIN, I call AGAIN, ask for someone to help me. This is when I speak to Keith, who tells me Eddie is gone to lunch! I waited on the line for 20 minutes because someone was gone to lunch! I explain to Keith the situation; he explains everything I need to know about the tax situation. I then asked him to confirm the price, he says he'll call his supplier and puts me on hold. 10 minutes later, he hasn't come back. I hang up once more, call again!!! Keith though he was supposed to call me back, and hadn't realized I had been on hold for the past 10 minutes. By then Eddie has come back from lunch and wants to talk to me. He says he has made a mistake and it turns out the tires are $298 a tire!!! $298 compared to $212, that is a HUGE difference, and if I would have know that price from the beginning, I would have never bothered staying on hold all this time, and calling back over and over and over again.

This has been one of the worst shopping experiences I ever had. The service was absolutely horrible, and the fact that you guys quote me a price that was completely off like that is incredible. If this is the way you treat your customers that are willing to spend around $1000 in your business, I can't imagine the quality of service for people who spend a lot less!

This e-mail will be posted on montrealracing.com, on 7thgencivic.com, on torontoracing.com and on torontostreetracing.com. I want others to learn from the mistake I have made in trying to deal with your company.

I hope to get a response to the e-mail

Sincerely,

Christian Danis
Old 12-12-2002
BIG
Registered!!

BIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of light
thats some shiety service dude
Old 12-12-2002
Registered!!

WhiteCivic2K2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey,

Sorry to hear bout your problem, I have heard alot of bad about AW and some good. THe bad outways the good tho. If your looking for tires. Give PERFORMANCE EDGE A CALL. The are located near AW but have 100X better service here is there info.

346 Front Street N.
Belleville, Ontario
Tel: 1.613.967.4275
Fax: 1.613.967.8265
email performance_edge@on.aibn.com

350 Ontario Street unit 7
St. Catharines, Ontario
Tel: 1.905.684.1114
Fax: 1.905.684.1475
Old 12-12-2002
I Am The Chosen One

profurious is an unknown quantity at this point
ya check with perf edge in bellevile, they are close to ya and the shippin should be less, ask for cory and tell him your a member of 7thgen.com. his ride is on the site , it was the ride of the week, 7thgenturbo, he's cool to deal with. am is sooo big they forget about the little guy, they've outgrown themselves, a lot of peoplpe around here are pissy with them.
Old 12-12-2002
Registered!!

I'll give them a call tomorrow! Thanks guys!
Old 12-12-2002
Registered!!

oldskool is an unknown quantity at this point
i could have told you they sucked.. i bought my coilovers there and at the time i dealt with a guy who was cool and thats why i went to him, his name is jacek. he doesnt work there anymore...since he quit i havent gone there. you always get the run around. they wouldnt let me return my springs. they were never used and 20 days after i bought them and they told me i would have to apy a 110 re-stocking fee...so i just kept them. than i went in looking for 22's for my friends envoy in chrome . they told me that there was only one aftermarket rim that would fit an envoy..the price was insane...almost 13000 for them plus i still needed rubber. we got a better price at some place intoronto..
ya eddie is a d**k....but has nice car.. friendship wise he is a coll guy but he isnt my friend. he is a friend of a friend...but as a business man he sucks!!!

I live right down the highway from them a 15min drvie so it was convenient for me,, but never again
Old 12-12-2002
Registered!!

1028CiViC is an unknown quantity at this point
Never deal with this companny....wat da bad service..
Old 12-12-2002
Registered!!

7thgenturbo is an unknown quantity at this point
hey :firewall
I didnt relize you were a 2k1 civic member when you called me today. call me again tomorrow at the store so i can give u a better deal man.

performance edge
cory
Old 12-12-2002
Registered!!

Will do man, thanks!!!

See, now that's customer service!!!!
Old 12-12-2002
Registered!!

watewate is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: Firewall
Will do man, thanks!!!

See, now that's customer service!!!! [hr]
ditto.

Old 12-13-2002
Registered!!

Hey Cory!

Listen, sorry I didn't give you a call but I actually found this crazy deal out here in Montreal, so I took that (Parada II 215/35/18 for $1030 tax in!!!)

I really appreciate it though, and I'll definately give you a shout next time I need something!

Chris
Old 12-13-2002
ka wa ii

PiNk is an unknown quantity at this point
i've bought my front bumper from there, i think they're ok. i was speaking to keith. which seems like a nice guy. i dunno man, i had a friend that dealt with them all the time and the friend refered me there, probably why i got good customer service. but anyways, i'm sorry to hear about your bad experience. things happen sometimes...take it easy!!
Old 12-13-2002
Registered!!

1028CiViC is an unknown quantity at this point
exactly where is this place? ..is this an online shop or sth?
Old 12-13-2002
Registered!!

jer2k is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: 1028CiViC
exactly where is this place? ..is this an online shop or sth?[hr]

This should answer you question:
Automotive Warehouse

I never dealt with them.

Old 12-13-2002
Registered!!

DragonAce is an unknown quantity at this point
i've never had any problems myself or heard of anyone else who's experianced any either..
so, thanx for the heads up, but they've proven themselves reputable to me so i'll keep going there..
Old 12-14-2002
Registered!!

oldskool is an unknown quantity at this point
it depends who you deal with ....its up to the person to give you good service. my rim got fu#ked in and accident and they had it on backorder.....they didnt call me for a month and now no one can find my rim, in a 17 in white....so now i have no idea what i am going to do. i spent 600 on coilovers, and than wanted to return them and they told me i had to pay 110 i think or 130 for a re-stocking fee....what the hell was that........so i just kep them.....
i think they saw a girl and figured they could take me for a ride...they ripped me off there....
i dont go to there...i drive the extra distance for better service...no one down here likes them.....go on the dscr.net forums for the niagara region ....post something or read the posts about automotive warehouse...you are guaranteed to upset everyone in the niagara region.......they will all tell you how it is!~!!!
Old 12-13-2013
Registered!!

alwaysboossst is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Never deal with Automotive-Warehouse

Automotive Warehouse has been totally changed! great staff and prices!Iv'e been dealing with them for the past 5 years! this post is so old, it should be taken down! www.awmotorsports.ca

Quick Reply: Never deal with Automotive-Warehouse