Canada East Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, PEI, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland

How to you forget this!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
11272290 is an unknown quantity at this point
How to you forget this!!

Just wanted to get your opinion on my situation. I have a 2009 Civic 4Dr Sport. Bought it brand new.

I went to Honda today to put on my snow tires and get an oil change. They forgot to put the new oil in my car. When I left the lot, my car stalled 3 times, as I was heading back to the dealership. For the 3 times my car stalled, the check battery light went on. Finally the car stalled the 4th time for good, where the check oil sign went on. This happened a block away from the dealership.

Once mechanic from Honda came to my car to add oil and told me to start up the car, which it didn't. He said the battery was dead and said it was because I had the heat. I only had the car on for ~5-10 minutes just so I could heat up, as it was -7 outside. The mechanic bought a battery booster and the car still didn't start. The mechanic said it could be a problem other than the battery. I have a feeling the engine is gone. My car is still under warrantee, as I bought my car in April 2009 (3 year warrantee).

Honda said they will fix the problem. I want to know what they will do. I've treated and taken care of my care as it was my child. I want to know if they will replace the whole engine, and if not, what chance to I have if I argue to put a new engine. Do I have a valid argument? If the dealership says no, should I contact head office?

Thank You,
Aj
Old 12-07-2010
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How to you forget this!!

What probably happened is the pistons seized due to lack of lubrication. This is something I would DEFINITELY battle with the dealership. It's their fault, they should fix it. Which might mean engine replacement
Old 12-07-2010
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Definately fight it with the dealership

Seriously? forgot to add oil? =.=

I would have a field day with it. and if they dont do something, threaten lawsuit.

Trust me, learn to do your oil yourself, it will be the best lesson learned ever.
Never go anywhere else for oil changes
Old 12-07-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,156 Likes on 806 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

so, what you're saying is, the changed your tires, drained the oil, and said "here ya go!"?

Holy hell, I'd make them give me a new car and let them take their mistake off your hands.
Old 12-07-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

The only way to repair a car that been driven without oil is a new engine, its not a matter of replacing parts, because everything has been destroyed. I would demand a written statement from the dealer that they will replace the engine, and record the serial number of the current engine to make sure they fill their commitment. They should be giving you a new car since the value has been destroyed.

If they give you any trouble, I'd go straight to every local media outlet.
Old 12-08-2010
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light

Wtf!? How!? We're hoping for the best for you man. That is just beyond irresponsible on their part.
Old 12-08-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

well so long as they said they will fix it, you should be getting a new engine. cause i have no idea how they will ever get the old one started aside from a full rebuild of the internals (even thats no guarantee depending on what happened). im so sick of mechanics messing up what is supposed to be their life's work that i try my best to do everything myself. unfortunately since im no mechanic, there are some things i wouldnt attempt or dont have the special tools for. but an oil change? might as well have a trained monkey do it, you might have better chances of having oil in there. ive also heard dealer stories where someone comes in for an oil change, the service dept drives the car around for 20 mins and then brings it back saying youre done! and it still has the old oil and filter. ive heard of a guy bringing in a modded prelude and the service guys revved the crap out of it in neutral with the engine cold. then gave it back to the guy with smoke coming from everywhere and say it was like that. ive had my car dented at the dealer and they denied it. ive had spark plugs improperly installed. spark plugs! ive had dealers play with my hid headlights when i used to have a pnp kit, so now i have to take the fuse out so they dont mess up my $1k+ headlights. and ofcourse they always say...oh your headlights dont work. and i think in the back of my mind, i know hehe. ive had dealers blast someones sound system and pop all the speakers. then when the guy complained, they said we didnt work on the stereo at all. i could go on all day if i felt like it, but it gives you an idea. be careful where you take your car. usually its some angry douche working on it and he couldnt care less what happens to it. oh i forgot my favorite! had the fuel sender replaced under warranty and whoever did it spilled gas ALL OVER under the rear seat cushion and it soaked into the dynamat i had on there. i got the car back and it smelled worse than a gas station. i pulled the cushion up and saw gas everywhere. they thought i wouldnt notice the smell if they put the seat cushion back on? lmao. i complained and got a free interior detail. it didnt help much and i ended up ripping all the old dynamat and putting new sheets out of pocket. the stuff peeled off pretty easily but i was passing out from the fumes.

Last edited by gearbox; 12-08-2010 at 11:05 AM.