Canada East Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, PEI, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland

speeding ticket, got off lightly.

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
infinite is an unknown quantity at this point
speeding ticket, got off lightly.

just thought i'd share my experience with two traffic violation tickets that i got more than a year ago.

i had my court appearance just last week and it went good. i had two tickets that were issued at the same time by the same officer. one was for speeding (76km in a 50km zone) and the other was for not wearing corrective lenses while operating a vehicle (my DL states that i need corrective lenses). the two tickets had fines that totaled $240 plus 3 points. when i got to court i spoke with the prosecuter and she offered to reduce the speeding to 15km over and no points. i accepted the offer, and she then asked what i wanted to do with the other ticket and i said i had my contacts on and it slipped my mind. she told me to have a seat and she'd see what she could do. after speaking with the judge he decided on a reduced charge for the speeding and then asked me what i wanted to with the other ticket. i responded with "You mean the one about the contact lenses?", he immediatly responded with "Withdraw that charge, defendent must pay a $40 fine, next case." i was like wow, that was easy, i didn't even have to explain myself on that charge.

and to think i was actually going to hire x-copper to deal with my case for which they guaranteed a reduced fine and maybe get the speeding withdrawn but couldn't do anything about the corrective lense charge. thier fee was a ridiculous $350. $110 more than my orginal fines and no guarantees except a reduced fine? you must be f*cking crazy.

i managed to do all that myself plus i was lucky enough to get the corrective lense charge dropped and left court with a measly $40 fine and no points. job well done.
Old 06-26-2006
I have the OEM version of weight reduction. DX

EŽik will become famous soon enoughEŽik will become famous soon enough
Awsome news. But you also have to think about this. You said X-Copper was going to charge you $350 with NO guarantees. They should actually be used in serious cases, where your DL has been suspended, or you were charged with a SERIOUS charge. That brings me to my point. When you factor in the days pay loss to you. How much did it ACTUALLY cost you..... unless you took a float day or vacation day I was surprised to read that the police officer gave you a ticket on the spot for your corrective lenses. Did he ever THINK about contacts?? what a flake.

Good job getting the tickets reduced/thrown out! It's a much better feeling when you have gotten them nullified by yourself.
Old 06-26-2006
Registered!!

AznSaint is an unknown quantity at this point
ya.. must of been a lucky day too.. but at times, some prosecutors will be d1cks.... and wouldnt want to do anything for you.

although the speeding ticket was reduced... you should konw that it is still a conviction.
Old 06-26-2006
Registered!!

AggressiveAdam will become famous soon enoughAggressiveAdam will become famous soon enough
FYI, Tickets ALWAYS get lowered in court. Thats why x-coppers promises you'll get a reduction
Old 06-26-2006
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
I was going into court today with my dad's ticket, but the judge was sick.

Was gonna choose option 2, gulity with a reason. Hoping that they will lower the cost.
Old 06-26-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by AznSaint
ya.. must of been a lucky day too.. but at times, some prosecutors will be d1cks.... and wouldnt want to do anything for you.

although the speeding ticket was reduced... you should konw that it is still a conviction.

yeah but it's a minor conviction, the lowest speeding ticket you can get. i doubt very much that it will affect my insurance. i have a really good track record prior to this conviction, never mind convictions i've never even had a parking ticket. maybe that's why the judge let me off so easy.
Old 06-27-2006
Registered!!

MrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of light
u should've pleaed not guilty to the corrective lenses ticket and told them u were wearing contacts. It depends on what u told the officer on the spot tho.
Old 06-27-2006
up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-b-a-b-a-start

R1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by AggressiveAdam
FYI, Tickets ALWAYS get lowered in court.
I don't know where you got that but that's a complete lie.
Old 06-27-2006
Registered!!

stephenb80 is an unknown quantity at this point
my ticket sure didnt get lowered in court, but they did let me do traffic school to erase the point.
Old 06-28-2006
Registered!!

AznSaint is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by infinite
yeah but it's a minor conviction, the lowest speeding ticket you can get. i doubt very much that it will affect my insurance. i have a really good track record prior to this conviction, never mind convictions i've never even had a parking ticket. maybe that's why the judge let me off so easy.

they dont have info in front of them letting htem know that you have or had parking tickets and other convictions.. unless they took the time to look into your record... they may do so if it was a driving offence.

but ya.. it is minor so it aint that bad, depending on the insurance company

Originally Posted by MrXclusivE
u should've pleaed not guilty to the corrective lenses ticket and told them u were wearing contacts. It depends on what u told the officer on the spot tho.
ask for the officer's report to see if he wrote anything down about the lenses.... that's if he wanted to fight it. it not.. then say he was wearing 'em.

Last edited by AznSaint; 06-28-2006 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-29-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by MrXclusivE
i was going to plead not guilty but the strange thing is the judge withdrew that ticket almost instantly when he found out what it was for, so i did not have a chance to plead not guilty not that it matters since i'm innocent(the cop was an a$$hole).