Canada East Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, PEI, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland

Got caught speeding 164km/h HWY 400 Northbound

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005
The blackbeauty ES1.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jhonsok is an unknown quantity at this point
Got caught speeding 164km/h HWY 400 Northbound

Ok, a buddy of mine got caught speeding 164km/h on HWY 400. He got a courtdate for October 19th.
I was just wondering if anybody has any tips..on reducing the ticket in any way. Or if he might get is license suspended..
Any help is much appreciated..thanks a lot !
Old 08-18-2005
SiG
Registered!!

SiG will become famous soon enoughSiG will become famous soon enough
Holy crap, 64 over the limit! Damn man, i dunno traffic law too well but im surprised he didnt get his license suspended on the spot for that.

Hopefully someone else will offer some advice...

The only advice I can give is to just keep delaying the court date if hes somewhat young... If hes 25+ then might as well face the heat now. I really hope your friend isnt 19 like you, cuz if so, hes screwed.

I dunno what the Justice of Peace would offer to that ticket but my guess would be the JOP would offer to reduce it to like 40 over or so...Along with a hefty fine and a crazy jackup in insurance rates...

Last edited by SiG; 08-18-2005 at 06:57 PM.
Old 08-18-2005
The blackbeauty ES1.

^^
yeah..dude he's younger than me...(18)...delay the courtdate huh...hmmmm..
thanks for the input tho. ! much appreciated.
Old 08-18-2005
Registered!!

DumbasSi is an unknown quantity at this point
Tell him to do lots of stretches and stock up on K-Y. That way he can bend over and reach his ankles better. Anyone who drives that fast on an already accident prone highway deserves what he gets.

Bur seriously, call the courthouse and ask for a disclosure. It details the case against him and may allow him to figure out how to possibly fight it.
Old 08-18-2005
Registered!!

jer2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Being 18 I guess he has his G2 and once you hit 6 points on a G2 its suspended right?
And 60+ over the limit is 60 points so he is looking at a suspention

I say the best argument is to try to prove that he needs his licence to get to work, so he can make some money, so he can go to university after high school, so he can increase his human capital, so he can become a valued member of society post graduation.
Old 08-18-2005
SiG
Registered!!

I see what you're saying Jeremy but i doubt the judge will give much leniance to an 18 year old who just got pulled for 64km/h over...

I mean, the judge is gonna likely say/think:

1- the kid is endangering the lives of everyone who uses the roads by driving at such speeds... One mistake and its over...
2- Hes still a new driver and is thus still developing his motor skills and should not be exceeding the limit in the first place, let alone by 64 clicks an hour...
3- Public transit must be itilized by someone!

Sorry man but to be honest, your buddy is gonna hafta pull off some next miracles to get out with his license and not in tears...
Old 08-18-2005
Lost in the Matrix

Transformer_Guy is on a distinguished road
I'm pretty sure hes screwed unless he can get a lawyer/ticket fighter to defend him because I doubt the judge will do anything if he goes and defends himself
Old 08-19-2005
SiG
Registered!!

Unfortunately, in theory that may work... but in all honesty, the judge may then be like "ok look at this rich kid, sitting in poppa's ride (or his own, even worse!) getting ticketed and now hiring a lawyer to talk him out of this. he deserves to be taught a lesson, he shouldnt think he can do whatever he wants and rely on his money to get him out of every screw up"

Once again i hope im wrong, but Im just offering the other side of the coin to these suggestions so you get a full perspective of the situation for your friend

Can i ask why your friend was driving so fast in the first place?
Old 08-19-2005
Superior Evolutionary Element Destined-factor

Xenin is an unknown quantity at this point
bah, i did 165.
Old 08-19-2005
Registered!!

1llmatic will become famous soon enough
6pts on g2 isn't an automatic suspension.
i had 7demerit pts at one point on my g2

65 over...6pts...u can knock it down to 45 over...4pts

get a ticketfighter if u want a miracle
Old 08-19-2005
up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-b-a-b-a-start

R1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of light
Here you go... tell your buddy I say good luck
Old 08-19-2005
MIR
~Your Favourite CiViC GiRL~

MIR is an unknown quantity at this point
i wouldnt even go to court...how do u explain why u were going that fast..like really it clearly wasnt cause ur speedometer was broken.. but it does suck and if hes a good guy and stuff i feel bad for him, but if u wanna do 160 go on a back road in the country next time..

(its really not that funny i just love using that smilie )
Old 08-19-2005
The blackbeauty ES1.

Ohh alright guys. thanks a lot for the input. !

Oh, he was driving that fast, becuase he didnt notice he was driving that fast, also he was gonna be late for something..so he rushed..I guess he was thinking about getting somewhere on time rather than the risks getting pulled over..

Last edited by jhonsok; 08-19-2005 at 04:01 PM.
Old 08-21-2005
Registered!!

FurBall is an unknown quantity at this point
Serious man.... If you go that fast, you know you're going way over the limit...

Hire the ticket fighter lawyer, and pray to whoever that the cop doesn't show up....

I totalled my car back in 2000, and got a ticket for following too close... Got the ticket fighter, and well, even though he wasn't really necessary, I was freaking because I was young..... In the end the cop did not show up. Insurance still screwed me tho.

Originally Posted by jhonsok
Ohh alright guys. thanks a lot for the input. !

Oh, he was driving that fast, becuase he didnt notice he was driving that fast, also he was gonna be late for something..so he rushed..I guess he was thinking about getting somewhere on time rather than the risks getting pulled over..
Old 08-22-2005
Registered!!

SlowStockCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Been there done that....... (in my idiot younger days)

No Biggie, since your buddy is 18 and scared shitless, get one of those xcopper or points to steal his money and get the dam ticket reduced to a rgular speeding ticket and your buddy is fine. If he has the ***** to speed, then have the ***** to pay up.

I've been through this and spent close to $1000 in both legal/ticket fees. Got it reduced to a regular 3 point speeding ticket and didn't even affect my insurance
Old 08-22-2005
Registered!!

mikemal is an unknown quantity at this point
a friend that works at a courthouse said bringing up the last time the "gun" was calibrated works a lot.. then if it was not done recently you can argue the reading was off.
Old 08-22-2005
Registered!!

jer2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by mikemal
a friend that works at a courthouse said bringing up the last time the "gun" was calibrated works a lot.. then if it was not done recently you can argue the reading was off.
Thats a pretty good idea. I mean you can't argue that your werent speeding cause even if the "gun" was off its not going to affect it by 64 kmph. At the same time though if you could argue the reading is off and get into the speeding range below the 160+ mark that would be alot better on your wallet and demerit points.
Old 08-22-2005
SiG
Registered!!

Originally Posted by FurBall
Serious man.... If you go that fast, you know you're going way over the limit...
exactly. at 164 you're passing everyone quite quickly so if he uses the 'i didnt pay attention to my speed' excuse the judge will be like 'ok, if you're too dumb to pay attention to your speed and see you're breezing by everyone else, you're clearly unfit to be on the road'
Old 08-28-2005
Registered!!

jdm_bb is an unknown quantity at this point
4167333313 Peter Lindsay he's a lawyer, he's good. If your friends is willing to pay he could get it off, because I have had 4 summon ticket and he got it off off for me, and one of the ticket is dangerous driving. Just to talk to him about the case will cost you $150 even if you don't let him do your case he'll still charge that. Is that his first ticket? If it is it'll be better.
Old 08-29-2005
The blackbeauty ES1.

^^
oh yeah, i'll be sure to let him know..hmm i hope he hasnt gone out to someone already for that..
he's my friend..but i dont hang out with him a lot just sometimes..so i dont even know whats going on now..
but thanks man. gonna give him a call tomorrow..
Old 08-29-2005
up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-b-a-b-a-start

R1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by mikemal
That can actually backfire. One could argue that the gun was actually reading slower then he was going too.
Old 08-29-2005
Registered!!

astrosi is an unknown quantity at this point
Officer but i was late to get to the nudy bar .. wanan come
Originally Posted by MIR
i wouldnt even go to court...how do u explain why u were going that fast..like really it clearly wasnt cause ur speedometer was broken.. but it does suck and if hes a good guy and stuff i feel bad for him, but if u wanna do 160 go on a back road in the country next time..

(its really not that funny i just love using that smilie )
Old 08-31-2005
Banned

01redJDM is on a distinguished road
My friend got caught doing 185 on 401, the officer comes to the car & says “ Why are you doing 138?? “, he was so happy that he didn’t even argue.