Canada East Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, PEI, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland

Had my Honda's 48000 km service today

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NoSpleeny is an unknown quantity at this point
Had my Honda's 48000 km service today

Well dudes.. like the topic says.. I had my 48000 km service today @ Parkway Honda.

Parkway Honda does one of the BEST jobs of servicing vehicles I have ever seen.. very indepth.

Well.. here's some good news.. after 48000 km.. my brake pads have never been replaced and I've only used 25% of the pads in the front and 16.6% of the pads in the rear. That means my brake pads will last me well past when I sell my car... clearly I don't slam on my brakes a lot. haha.

But the bad news is plentiful... more than enough to outweigh the good news.
1. My front shocks are leaking so they're gonna have to be replaced. They aren't covered under warranty since I lowered my car.... booyorn... (even tho the 2001 and 2002 Civics have been known to have leaking shocks apparently).
2. My rim is bent. They discovered this as they were taking off my tires I guess... my rim is bent and it looks as if I hit a HUGE pothole. My rim lip is so bent.. that if I was to hit another pot hole.. the tire's gonna slip off the rim. It's pretty bad.
3. The total service costed me ~$350.

My rear shocks are fine but the front ones are leaking... my car doesn't stop bouncing when I go over a bump...
My rim's bent and it looks as if the tire's gonna slip off the rims soon.

I dunno.. what do you guys suggest? Should I just leave these problems or get them fixed? I've seriously considered just leaving it as is... and just saving up for a new vehicle...
Or do you guys think I should fix it up and keep the car for safety reasons AND for another few years. I'm not willing to sink money into my car if I'm gonna be selling it soon.
Old 04-01-2004
Registered!!

RIC3BOY is an unknown quantity at this point
get a new rim and new shocks. problem solved lol

didnt u just get that car? besides, thats the costs of a car man, its called maintenance!

anyway what did we do for itm400 on monday kent? i skipped
Old 04-01-2004
Registered!!

AllMotorSi is an unknown quantity at this point
you should be covered still. You should go out and pay someone to change your springs back to factory and go back. Your shocks should be covered up to 60,000km. I went to Pickering honda and even though I had neuspeed springs they still changed the shocks under warrenty
Old 04-01-2004
BAD MON

Booohahaha is an unknown quantity at this point
haha..just change back to ur stock springs and problem solved.
as for the rim... ive just buy a new set of rims.. cuz for 450 a pop for just a new rim its not worth it in my opinion
Old 04-02-2004
Back from the dead

Liro is an unknown quantity at this point
agreed...this is gonna happen a lot if you keep owning cars. unless you plan to switch cars every time there is a problem.

now you're just forced to do it up harder...get performance shocks and replace the rim....
Old 04-02-2004
Registered!!

iamfob is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont go to the dealer for those service...i looked at the list of things they do and more than half are visual inspection (brake pads, fluid level..etc) and they wants like $300+ for them
i stop going to the dealer for oil change after my 3rd oil change

as for your problems, just get the stock springs slap on and go to another dealer adn get it fixed under warranty
Old 04-18-2004
The Evil Genius

Quijano187 is on a distinguished road
does any you guys know if you two fronts shocks are blown and you a have 79,000 miles but you have the extended warrenty also. WILL honda replace them ro do i have to pay for it.? any help would be nice..
Old 04-18-2004
Registered!!

jongreenway is an unknown quantity at this point
i havnt had a 48000km service yet, but i took my car in and got the shocks replaced (they were leaking), and brakes serviced after 50,000kms... shocks under warranty
Old 04-18-2004
Registered!!

NoSpleeny is an unknown quantity at this point
My pads are almost brand new.. shows I never use my brakes. haha. Shocks are under warranty for cars that aren't lowered*..

* = heh heh
Old 04-19-2004
Registered!!

jongreenway is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah my car wasn't lowered and they didn't even ask me if it had been before. APparently a lot of civics are having problems iwth the shocks, so lowering or not, you're gonna have **** happen.

My brake pads are 75% worn on front and 25% on back, after 51,000km. That after I messed up my brakes completely "hot rodding" the car too much. I somehow melted the pads or something like that, and got a grinding soudn as if the brake pads weren't there and the car was braking against the rotors. HOnda replace the front rotors and brakes under warranty though. I guess you could say I am a tad of an agressive driver.
Old 04-19-2004
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Narc is an unknown quantity at this point
I just had my 96 000 km maintenace done on my 2001 civic.
96 000!!!! jeez im killin my baby.
Old 04-19-2004
Registered!!

rokenrolcivic has a spectacular aura aboutrokenrolcivic has a spectacular aura about
I just called honda today to see if my shocks would be covered IF they blew after I got it lowered (this coming weekend) and they said "come in this week and we'll change em before you lower it" than I said I dont think they are blown just curious, than they said "yeah they're probably blown, we'll change em"

I was kinda shocked(pardon the pun) but im not gonna turn down new shocks even If I dont need em.