Mid Atlantic Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia

MD - Tint at your own risk

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2k1USMCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
MD - Tint at your own risk

this didn't happen to me, although i just tinted my car 35% smoke all around....

i was with my friend when he got pulled over by a state trooper.. weren't speeding or anything. he pulled us over for tint! apparently, according to the cop, all after-market tint is illegal in maryland effective 5 years ago, so he was given a repair order (apparently his 2nd one). i honestly think that's BS since there are professional tint places all over the state, and you can buy your own tint at places like AutoZone (like what i did)...

when we got to his house, he got a letter from the MVA saying his registration was suspended (relating to the tint)...

like i said, but i think it's BS - i have yet to talk 2 a cop about it, but they're all county. maybe i'll go to the state police in a different car and ask.

but yeah, i just thought i would share that little bit of info... if anyone can actually verify this info - dont hesitate =D
Old 08-29-2002
Su Mo

RSXtypeIvtec is on a distinguished road
whoa thats bs....ive had my tint for almost a year and a half, and never any problems with 35%
there are so many cars in MD with tint, and tons of tint shops!!
i think thats bs too.....do i hear "quota"
Old 08-29-2002
Registered!!

slikor is an unknown quantity at this point
i would definately say thats BS, i mean the place i got my tint at is not only right down the street from the Frederick County Police station (or one anyway) but they make you sign a form saying you are aware the max MD legal tint is 35%, and thats what i got.

also, i wont even touch on the "quota" thing, i'll wait for a LEO on here like QCKSILVR to do that[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 08-30-2002
2k1civic.com O. G.

AzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enoughAzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enough
i was talkin to a dood with a camaro in a parking lot once.. he tells me my tint is relaly illegal.. 20% all around.. so i was like nah.. cops around here dont car too mcuh.. but then he show me his state trooper badge n tell me he rips ppl tint off..

i guess only state troopers are really **** about that

i live in philly pa by the way
Old 08-30-2002
Registered!!

2k1USMCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
i really didnt think cops gave a sh*t, but when it happened (btw - we were driving in upper marlboro, which is like home to the pg county courthouse.. wrong place/wrong time?) i was just like wtf? im going to call the MVA tomorrow and see if i can get a straight up answer because its crazy if you ask me. better yet, i might just be better off looking up current state laws or something. hopefully i'll get a straight up answer for you guys by tueday, with any possible loopholes =P
Old 08-30-2002
Sometimes, I can see right through myself ...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

taz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud of
Only possible loophole that you guys might have is they can't do anything if the car comes tinted like that from the factory. I know down here in VA, it's 35% in the rear and 50% up front, aftermarket tint. Your car can come from the factory with 5% tint and they can't do anything about it.
Old 08-30-2002
Registered!!

slikor is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah, thats a good point, however i think most cops will *know* Civics dont come with a dark azz tint from the factory or any tint for that matter.
Old 09-16-2002
Registered!!

pr0ph37 is an unknown quantity at this point
here is the law for tinting

you can add after market tint to your car however you need to go to the dmv and get a state trooper to check it and make shure its leagle. if it is he gives you a sticker to put on your window then if you get puled over you show the cop the sticker and leave.
Old 09-16-2002
Registered!!

Toad is an unknown quantity at this point
tha sucks