Mid Atlantic Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia

DC/Metro area Post readers

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
monkey has a spectacular aura aboutmonkey has a spectacular aura about
DC/Metro area Post readers

Totally off topic, I know.....but if any of you still have the Saturday Washington Post, pull out the real estate section. DAS ME ON THERE!!!

...sorry you can delete this if you want i'm just really excited [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]
Old 08-27-2002
Registered!!

slikor is an unknown quantity at this point
what a coincidence, we had the Saturday Wash Post but i never read the Real Estate section[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG] but its been thrown away by now.

im curious, why were you in there? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 08-27-2002
Registered!!

My mom freelances for the post and had a massive front page article on Sat...it's about teeny weeny houses in dc/va and theres a pic of me with arms out the side in front of one of them to show how small it is.
freelancers have to supply their own photographers, and I happen to do a lot of photog so she has me take her accompanying pics...so not only am i *in* this one, i also get the photo credit

anywy enough bragging for me....i've lived my little second of glory
Old 08-27-2002
Registered!!

whoa thats so kickass!! you've been mentioned (or featured, depending on how ya look at it[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]) in the Washington Post....that is so sweet[IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG] hehe
Old 08-27-2002
Registered!!

theguysmiley is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow! I'll have to look it up online, 'cause I don't get the post. That's pretty cool. Monkey's famous!!!!!!
Monkey
Old 08-27-2002
Registered!!

hey, is this the article?.

there arent any pics, but i think thats the article you were talking about?
Old 08-28-2002
Registered!!

yea thats the article (yay for my mom! lol) but they don't post pics in there....the link to it on the main real estate page has a pic tho...i took that one

[hr]Wow! I'll have to look it up online, 'cause I don't get the post. That's pretty cool. Monkey's famous!!!!!! [hr]
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]
Old 08-28-2002
Registered!!

hmm...i searched and searched on the Wash Post website and i cant find any pics from or related to that article??[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

btw, thats a very interesting article your mom wrote, i had no idea conditions like that existed...its kinda sad. where did she get the inspiration to do that peice, and does she do articles like that often?
Old 08-28-2002
Registered!!

Actually the point was more to show these quirky houses, not to show any kind of disparity in housing conditions....I visited a few of the houses she profiled and they're actually very interesting. There were tons of stories about each one, but she was under a space limit and couldn't really write the article the way she would have liked to.
I think her inspiration came from a pair of houses (the side-by-side ones here on Cap Hill...) that she adores and always takes time to drive by. She talked to her editor and said she wanted to profile some teeny houses in the area and this is what came of it. Each have amazing history behind them.
She writes for a bunch of different places...she has two more forthcoming for the Real Estate section, one of which will be the Saturday before Halloween and is about haunted houses in the area and it will include comments from realtors who have to try to sell them. It sounds great I'm really excited about it. And the other is about a street near where I live and the community that formed there.
She's done a ton fo stuff for a lot of different places but hopefully she'll land back in the Home and Style sections soon....those are the places she gets to really have fun with.
*ramble ramble*
Old 08-29-2002
Registered!!

hmm, thats pretty cool. it must be sweet to have taken pics that were published in the Washington Post not to mention have a mom that writes articles for it[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG]