Mid Atlantic Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia

For all your Baltimore meet News and Pics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2002
Raceway Park Track Tech.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LazyDog01 will become famous soon enoughLazyDog01 will become famous soon enough
how do u think i felt [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 07-22-2002
Registered!!

MrAnthony is an unknown quantity at this point

I would rate the meet at a 5. I know I'm not a member of your club but. I had to voice my opions about a few things. I am the one that came to the meet with the white t- shirt with the braids in my hair. Never the less!!! We met at the White Marsh mall parking lot which was real cool. I noticed when we pulled up we got that look like.. They aren't coming over here by us!! Once I got out the first thing I said was. Whats up to all of you black people in a loud voice. I guess that set the stage for what was next. I walked around checking out the crew cars and they really had nice rides. I brought several members from my car club as a tag along with one of your members. Not going to say hes name!! I rated the meet at a five because. Several things took place in a matter of 1 hour.

We got there about 12:35p.m.
I gave the black people greeting.
We left the parking lot at 12:45ish. ( People are never on time at meets we should have left at 1:15p.m. because we almost left a few )
After leaving White Marsh parking lot. A few members in the front of the pack took off and left like 15 cars behind with no idea on where to go. ( I was one of them )
When we arrived at the park I sinced once again a little tention. I pulled up in the first parking spot and if looks could kill I would have been died. ( A honda accord in the first saved spot of a line of civic's!!! )
Since five cars had came from Waldorf Maryland. We really didn't bring enough so, I took up a collection from my crew for the food a total of around $30. I insist, that they take the money but. I had a piece of hair modded into my beef burger. I pulled it off and kept on eating!!!
I went out to the parking lot to chill for a while and someone noticed a older lady was walking by to maybe complain about the loud noise but. A member approached me and told me to turn my music down a little. ( I wasn't the only one to notice that he told only the black people to turn there music down. )
I approached a few people tring to have a little fun. I approached them with.... So, someone said this car was stolen, let me see!!! I was standing beside a few members cars. I just wanted to break the ice a little. (I guess these guys had a little to much money for me to be around. )
I was leaving and I thanked everyone who was under the roof top and I walked away and said, Thank you guys very much and you all have a nice time and be safe going home. Peace.... I heard a few modders in return. Whatever that means. Take care would have been more than enough. I was teasing about Rodney King's statement. " can't we all just get along " Do just that at your next meet.
I've been a lot of meeting and people all across the spectrum are always hating on someone who doesn't have the same car. They fell to realize that those other people feel the same about there cars as you do.

P.s . I went to the Vw waterfest show because I own a rabbit also. Some young people that I came in eye contact with gave me the gas face because I drove my accord to "English town" for the show of Vw's. You guys try this.... everytime you see someone with a modded car. Wave at them!!! Just like the bikers do... LOL Have fun and sorry for the long posting. Be safe and I still love you even when you don't what it.... Peace.....
Old 07-22-2002
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
First of all I would like to dispell a few of your comments. I was the one who told u to turn down your music. I only told 3 people to turn down their music because they were blasting it. The first, however was white, and was EternalVtec. The only reason that I had to tell you other two guys to turn your music down was the fact that you guys weren't from the site and DID NOT read the RULES about the park!!!! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG] One of those rules was not to blast your music. If you think that I picked on the black people because I am racist, I would debate that with you to the end, and I would win.

I don't remember anyone hating on your car. In fact we were proud to have other cars there. If you felt that we were hating on you, then I hope that you can come to grips and get over it. I am personally glad that you were there. I personally did not talk to a lot of people because i was trying to make sure the meet went on without a hitch, since i was a major planner for the event. I didn't even have alot of time to meet most of the people from the site. Thanks for posting all our errors and maybe next year we can fix those, if you choose to come.
Old 07-22-2002
Registered!!

AceKicker is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey guys Sorry I couldnt make it again. I was checking out the pics the meet looked really good. I wish I could have made it. We were working on my car the whole weekend getting ready for the show next weekend and we have more to do this weekend coming up. BUt I'm still pretty pissed because I only see one Inca Pearl civic. Next tiem there will be two. BUt the meet looked great. I'm glad everyone had a great time. And next time I bet it will be even better. So I hope to be there and see everyone next time. And for real that accord looked phat nice kit very mellow looked good. Who drove the 2k1 4dr with the banged up front. I hoe he didnt get that on the way there. Looks great though guys nice job robb,steph,vizyun,and klasy (vizyun's wife).
Old 07-23-2002
2k1civic.com O. G.

AzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enoughAzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enough
i thght everything was kool.. i was dat azn kid wit the blue 7thgen.. not that it mattered if im asian or not.. im just sayin i thought everyone was kool... [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 07-23-2002
Registered!!

EternalVTEC is an unknown quantity at this point
ill have pics with my next post, but i just wanted to say there were 24 7thgens, and i took atleast one pic of every 7th gen, except i think lazydog's, who wasnt there when i took them
Old 07-23-2002
Registered!!

here are my pics, i missed some of the owners names(sorry), but the ones i do know i posted, as for the meet, i had a lot of fun. in retrospect, i wish i would have looked more at more cars but, i didnt. as for MrAnthony, im sorry you were treated that way, i know i didnt do or say anything, but i do want to point out that i was told by rob to turn down my music, which i was only playin loud to show others what my sound deadening efforts accomplished, but i didnt mind turning down, because i read the rules, and abided by them. ok, i posted this idea before, but had no responses, so ill post it again. i think we should have a meet say every year, on a set weekend, and alternate states(and locations within a state)and go through all the states in the mid-atlantic forum, that way no one is driving too much more than anyone else all the time, plus it will give us all a chance to host everyone, and possible make the attendance grow. what does everyone think?
Old 07-23-2002
Ms. Moderator

SimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to all
Good idea Isaac. Rob and I were actually talking about a similar plan today. We are gonna start thinking about it soon!

Nice pictures by the way!
Old 07-23-2002

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
YEah steph and and I were talking about that yesterday. Sorry we didn't take notice of it earlier EternalVtec!!! I say we start bouncing around ideas for next year. I think we should do it in the spring as usually people are going on vacation or have lots of car shows to do in the summer. Do you guys want big cities or whatever?? Some of my ideas were Philly, northern VA/DC area, or central jersey shore. This will probably be my last year in the area as i will be leaving the area to attend graduate school somewhere else (hopefully!). Then I will have to take my organizing skills to another part of the country!! hehe just kidding. Well i guess right now we can just throw around ideas on where people would like to go next year. Thanks guys and glad (most of) you had a great time!
Rob
Old 07-23-2002
Registered!!

Maverick is an unknown quantity at this point
can i bring my tools again next year? hehe
Old 07-23-2002
Registered!!

yeah, i was thinking about it and i have two places in mind that would probably work, one has decent parking and is a good place for a picnic, and the pavilion i would get is right next to their lot. another place i know of, wouldnt mind having a lot of cars there because they have a classic car think every now and then, and this second place is about 99% shade (however, if we do this in the spring, i was thinking maybe mid-may?, the shade may get a little chilly). i can check into them if you want. the two places are in lebanon, right in my area, and i can(with mex's help, hopefully we can keep that site for future use) get direction from all areas. its not very hard to get to. let me knokw what you think.
Old 07-23-2002
Registered!!

BTW, my car club, FASTEK Sports, would be proud to sponsor the meet, should it be in PA.
Old 07-23-2002

That is cool bro. We have a lot of time, but i think we should decide where it will be by the beginning of next year. If it is around you EternalVtec, we will be calling on you to be an organizer up there!! thanks for being so helpful!!
Rob
Old 07-23-2002
Registered!!

Deejai35 is an unknown quantity at this point
I am all for an annual meet... but I only have one problem. I don't know how many of us are college students, but its a lot easier for some of us to plan trips in the summer as oppose to the spring or fall. Its just a thought. I am a little selfish and I had a great time, so I don't want to miss next year's meet.
Old 07-23-2002

your point well taken. Personally, when i meant spring, i meant late may, so most of you guys should be out of school already. that way it is still warm, but not sweltering! We will figure it out DJ. We got plenty of time to plan, just keep coming with the ideas and concerns!!
Rob
Old 07-23-2002
Ms. Moderator

SimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to all
Dude--I can't think of the right word but you sound so, so....I don't know OLD! Just playing.

Yea, but we definitely have time to plan this meet. The more planning, the more people...hopefully!
Old 07-23-2002
The Fallen Angel . . .

Vizyun is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, for one, we need to get an idea for a venue. I'm sure people would like to do it in a different place this time, so do we have any ideas?
Old 07-24-2002
Registered!!

see my previous posts

it shouldnt be a problem getting either one of those places, ill just call them sometime by fall/winter and get more info on both. if it is here, then i have no problem being the main one responsible, but seeing how im a "young-buck", and havent really ever planned anything this big, i could really use some help. im sure i can probably get some help from Jadastyles, 2Hottie, and maybe Grifter, but any help from volunteers would be appreciated. and is there any advice/ suggestions that you(Vizyun, Klassy, Robbclark1, SimplySLB, etc.) guys could give? any at all would be appreciated also
Old 07-24-2002
Ms. Moderator

Dude--of course I am going to help plan the next meet. I'm sure we will all help out. The reason we need more people is because of location. It's kinda hard to plan something if you don't even know where it is, got me? We'll talk more when we have some more ideas and stuff going on here!
Old 07-24-2002
Registered!!

i know, i didnt say that you guys should be doing it again,i understand what you mean. but anyway, lets not overshadow the first (of many)great meets. does anyone else have pics they didnt post yet?
Old 07-24-2002
Registered!!

Klassy1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Eternal, I'd be glad to help. I'd be more than willing to work the food list again or anything else you might need Vizyun and I for. Anyhow, it's nice to start thinking ahead and I would definitely check into reserving the place pretty early. (end of the year, beginning of next) Just a suggestion.
Old 07-24-2002
Registered!!

2Hottie is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: EternalVTEC
yeah, i was thinking about it and i have two places in mind that would probably work, one has decent parking and is a good place for a picnic, and the pavilion i would get is right next to their lot. another place i know of, wouldnt mind having a lot of cars there because they have a classic car think every now and then, and this second place is about 99% shade (however, if we do this in the spring, i was thinking maybe mid-may?, the shade may get a little chilly). i can check into them if you want. the two places are in lebanon, right in my area, and i can(with mex's help, hopefully we can keep that site for future use) get direction from all areas. its not very hard to get to. let me knokw what you think.[hr]
Isaac, I would be more than happy to help ya plan this meet...just let me know...also, let me know when you wanna meet up sometime so we can finalize the membership to Fastek. Thanks dude!

2Hottie
Old 07-25-2002
Registered!!

Hey Klassy, thanks, id love for you and Vizyun to help. Im glad you can do the food thing, cause thats a headache i didnt really want to have. I plan on calling one of the parks around the end of the year, im going to check the one out further, and get back to you guys and see what you think.
Old 07-25-2002

I have the email list of the people around here. I just went through and took all/most of the people from MD, VA, WV, PA, NY, NJ, and DC. I have their emails, their screen names and their location. i know i am a big dork, but i love to plan things and maybe we can get a huge thing next year if we can get organized well. The list is 2 1/2 pages typed straight down so there are lots of people!!! Lets show the West Coast how its done!! East Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide!! hehe just kiddin, we all love supermex and the bay area civics!! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Rob

PS EternalVtec maybe i can get my car club to help sponsor also, considering 3 members of this site are members! Nothing like good inter car club fun!
Old 07-25-2002
Ms. Moderator

Rob's my hero! Look at his dedication everyone!!!

But anyway, we need to do some serious planning if we want to make this big. Not that the planning has to start now. We can do the beginning stuff...like e-mail lists and what-not. But the other stuff, we got some time! I'm already excited....I know, I know. I'm a dork!
Old 07-25-2002
Registered!!

Ok, Rob, what are you doing for this one, are you planning on keeping the emails and taking care of it, or were you offering them to me or somone else?

Also, how about we start "recruiting" other members of the site from other forums, ones who dont usually check this board, you know, give it all we've got. Ill start, and i hope a few of you do to.

Also, lets start thinking about activities for this meet. That way we can all stay longer and enjoy being with 50 or so 7th gens longer(who wouldnt want that?). Maybe we could even cruise around the town for a little(with whoever is left at the end of the knight).

Just some ideas.

--Isaac
Old 07-25-2002
Registered!!

form3hide is an unknown quantity at this point
Why don't we schedule something for like Mid September... It gives us plenty of time and September is usually good chill weather... not too hot, not cold either...

Also, anyone up for running a Mid Atlantic Civic website with me? Something we can have to further deliver news and other information since these forums are our only way of communicating... I don't mean a site to compete with this one, just something to further express our meets, info, etc etc.... I own a server, so hosting will not be a problem. If you're up for it, let me know...

My email is Form3hide@aol.com, as well as my aim being form3hide.
Old 07-25-2002

hey form3hide. If people want to do another one in september that is cool. I really don't care. It is up to everyone. It would definitely have to be after NOPI tho as many people are going to that. Get with Mex about getting a website together for the mid-atlantic region, he is da man!!!! He also has unlimited bandwidth. I have a bunch of people's emails from all over the mid atlantic region.

One thing i worry about is saturating the meets into such a short time frame. Personally, I would rather take our time and plan a nice big one, that we can get our car clubs involved with and have alot of cars there!! Just my .02 cents tho.
Old 07-25-2002
Premium Member

civicdude will become famous soon enough
Hey how bout a meet in NY
Old 07-25-2002

We were thinking a different state each year. And u only want it in NY because u live there!! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG] i know some people don't want to drive that far, but it is nice to see some place different. But i really don't care where it is.

Quick Reply: For all your Baltimore meet News and Pics!!!