Mid Atlantic Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia

May Install Meet - May 27

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
May Install Meet - May 27

Where
robbclark1's house

When
May 27!!!

Time
Start around 11ish - whenever we finish (if we finish)

Who's coming
robbclark1 (Rob)
boilermaker1 (Justin)
doctor (Davis)- brake bleed, potential motor mount change
DcivicEx
andyman97?
sniperscout

Suspension
SSMCivic2k5 - reindex front springs/shocks
ronaldo (Ian) - konis
armieo (Armand) - suspension issues

Maintenance
crazyasian (Alex)- exhaust swap
Dawn - oil change
Justin - oil change + motor exam + who knows what else

Feel free to invite friends, but not too many!!

You guys want to bring food and do a BBQ, or just chip in for pizzas/take out when you get here?

List if you have anything to install, fix, or do maintenance!!!

Post up bishes!

sniperscout-Philip
pldandrea@gmail.com
possible front tranny mount and HIDs

andyman97-andy
nada, just lending a hand (so far)
andyman79@gmail.com

Ronaldo9 - Ian
Would like Konis installed with camber kit if time permits... if not emanage street tune will suffice. I have a wideband just need a laptop. I have a rough tune going just working out some bugs with idle and such.
strose09@yahoo.com

Doctor-Davis
Sfedai0@comcast.net
Posssible oil change.

crzyazn-Alex
gettin exhaust swapped then just gonna lend a helping hand to anyone that need it.
al05civic@gmail.com

sexcivic2k1 (roffles) - freddy
i come to eat your foods and supervise work being done. i will be handing out gold stars to those worthy.
fventura03@aim.com

chugster-Calvin
maybe some help with disconnect the rest of the wires for my edfc?
chugster05@gmail.com

K20EX - Tim
Might rewire my OBD2 port, if not Ill help with installs and bring my tools and know-how (for whatever its worth)
tmmoore@vt.edu

1) dcivicex = AJ
2) Exhaust/cat swap
3) Email - antoniojc75@yahoo.com

Rules
1) No messing around!! This is my house and my HOA has rules. I don't want to get in trouble. No burning out, no racing, no revving to 6k, etc.

2) We will have to move cars around by priority...Me and Justin will decide who goes when, based on how long we think it will take to get done.

3) You all are responsible for cleaning up and giving back tools you borrow. Any spilled fluids can be washed away, but every attempt should be made to keep everything clean. For those with oil, we will need containers so that you can take your oil to autozone/advanced autoparts/etc

4) Be nice and courteous to everyone!!

5) If you don't know what you are doing, ask questions to more experienced people, enough people will be there who definitely have been around the block on this stuff.

6) I am not responsible for bodily harm or damage to your car. This, like every other DIY meet, is at your own risk. Work done by others to your car is not covered by any warranty, express or implied, you are responsible for insuring that the parts work, and are installed correctly. You are responsible for insuring that your car is put back together properly and any critical torques are to spec.

These rules are approved by Boilermaker, Legal Counsel for the Mid-Atlantic 7th Gen Chapter

Last edited by robbclark1; 05-23-2007 at 12:42 PM.
Old 04-30-2007
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: May Install Meet - May 26/27

Like I said in the other thread, if I can get an early report, I'll be there.
Old 04-30-2007
Registered!!

SSMCivic2k5 has a spectacular aura aboutSSMCivic2k5 has a spectacular aura aboutSSMCivic2k5 has a spectacular aura about

i need to re-index my springs lol. do that for me.
Old 04-30-2007

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by SSMCivic2k5
i need to re-index my springs lol. do that for me.
Are you coming or not? If so, what do you need done? Answer the questions foo!!!
Old 04-30-2007
Registered!!

SSMCivic2k5 has a spectacular aura aboutSSMCivic2k5 has a spectacular aura aboutSSMCivic2k5 has a spectacular aura about
Re: May Install Meet - May 27

ill come if you can do it lol... how far you from silver springs? my uncle owns the ledo pizza....btw best pizza EVER!
Old 04-30-2007
Type-Race

doctor will become famous soon enoughdoctor will become famous soon enough

No offense, but Ledo has some of the greaseist pizza Ive ever seen. I'll bring w/e food/bev if we are BBQ. You got any fields or courts nearby Rob?

Last edited by doctor; 04-30-2007 at 07:51 PM.
Old 04-30-2007

There are BB courts, tennis courts, a pool (i dont know if it will be open yet), and a field all within walking distance of my house. Yay for suburbia!

There also is a Ledo Pizza across the street. Silver Spring is a little far (30-40 minutes). Ask him for some free pizza vouchers!! lol

We can reindex your springs. We can do almost anything, except motor swap...
Old 04-30-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold

Silver spring is definitely not far if us VA guys are coming.... and what is this crap about no motor swaps? There'll be enough guys there we wont even need a hoist!
Old 04-30-2007
Registered!!

crazyasian will become famous soon enoughcrazyasian will become famous soon enough

^ROFL!!!!!!!!! yea just got some rope and loop it and have everyone yank that ish out.

boiler, let me know a couple days before hand if u still need a ride but im demanding u to get that **** up and running. i wanna see it in action.

im prob not gonna need to do anything but will b giving a nice helping hand. i can bring the soft beverages if doctor wants to bring the beer and ****.
Old 04-30-2007

Originally Posted by crazyasian
im prob not gonna need to do anything but will b giving a nice helping hand. i can bring the soft beverages if doctor wants to bring the beer and ****.
You missed the part where you are the juice box master
Old 04-30-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold

Are any of you guys artsy? If so, I have a painting project for someone....
Old 04-30-2007
Registered!!

how bout painting kits???? hahaha i need to paint my rear lip!
Old 04-30-2007
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice

dont forget the juice boxes this time....nothing like a bbq and juice... :P
Old 04-30-2007
Registered!!

crazyasian will become famous soon enoughcrazyasian will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by robbclark1
You missed the part where you are the juice box master
u missed the part that i turn 21 in a week. if u still want me to bring juice boxes i can just for u.
Old 05-01-2007

Originally Posted by crazyasian
u missed the part that i turn 21 in a week. if u still want me to bring juice boxes i can just for u.
crap then we need a new juice box master

no we can't paint kits, justin has a special painting project to add some flare to his car.
Old 05-01-2007
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute

Ill be there. It would be awesome if you guys can do my konis. If not it'll be cool to just hang out. I might have a cam gear by then to help my street tune with my cam.
Old 05-01-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

You're gonna drive 4 hours down here then 4 hours back?
Um... ok.
Old 05-01-2007
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute

My uncle is in nothern VA. I'll be down there anyway so I can make the meet.
Old 05-01-2007
Registered!!

a lil update on my part, gonna b doin an exhaust swap.

rob can u put up your addy i dont think i ever saw it.
Old 05-01-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

In the interest of security, PM rob for info.
Old 05-01-2007
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ronaldo9
Ill be there. It would be awesome if you guys can do my konis. If not it'll be cool to just hang out. I might have a cam gear by then to help my street tune with my cam.
Heads up man, all a cam gear on a sohc is good for is bling. I lost power by moving mine advance or retard from tdc.
Old 05-01-2007
Registered!!

Andy I was hoping the cam gear would help with my driveability. I have a stage 2 n/a cam like Oscar. Running emanage to tune but its shitty. Saving up for EMS or Hondata still up in the air but don' t have the money yet for either.
Old 05-01-2007
Turbo Guru

The gear isn't going to help with driveability. You should be able to get it running decent with emanage if that's what you have, where are your driveability problems?
Old 05-01-2007
Registered!!

Hesitation at partial throttle. Chatted with Paul and said hesitation is caused by lean conditions. I added fuel and its still bucking like its misfiring. It needs timing but I don't mess with that too much for fear with damaging something. Thats why I want to come down for you guys to look at it and give me some insights. The car drives fine when you're on the gas not just full throttle. Only when you're slightly on the gas like cruising at 25mph it does that. I've heard ppl tell me thats what cams do but I don't think so it should be smooth. And car cuts off at idle gonna try retarding a degree to see if that helps.

Also forgot to add even though it seems like its misfiring the wideband readings are still in spec. 14.1-15.2 range. The ecu doesn't like something but I can't pinpoint it.

Last edited by ronaldo9; 05-01-2007 at 06:39 PM.
Old 05-01-2007
Turbo Guru

Ignition timing is what you need to tweak, not cam timing. As far as idle, we can tweak that with the idle adjust screw, too easy.
Old 05-01-2007
Registered!!

I hope you are right man. I've been having this headache since November when I got this cam installed. Took it to the tuner and he gave me a horrid map which resulted in 107whp. Deleted everything and built my own street map with the wideband and now I can beat modded b18's. If I can just tweak this to run better I'll be happy and save up for turbo which I should have done all along.
Old 05-01-2007
Turbo Guru

Oh snap, you're n/a? Didn't know that. Yeah, it'll be an easy thing to tweak, no sweat.
Old 05-01-2007

ok, take this convo to a different forum!!!
Old 05-01-2007

Originally Posted by Boilermaker1
In the interest of security, PM rob for info.
my ish is confidential, top secret, and requires a retinal scan!!
Old 05-01-2007

If you want konis installed, Justin prefers that he has the struts and shocks early so he can modify them.

Also, include your real name so we know who you are....

Quick Reply: May Install Meet - May 27