Mid Atlantic Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia
View Poll Results: What month would you like to have the M-A meet?
June
16.07%
July
23.21%
August
14.29%
Whenever...
46.43%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Mid Atlantic Meet Poll and Brainstorming!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004
i love my morreale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of light
I just hope it is somewhere that doesn't have a very boring drive there & back.

Also, it should be either pre or post summer. That way there will be enough room in any parking lot.
Old 09-30-2004
Registered!!

pon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nice
Originally Posted by eddieisaricer
I just hope it is somewhere that doesn't have a very boring drive there & back.

Also, it should be either pre or post summer. That way there will be enough room in any parking lot.
Driving is never boring!
Pre or post summer will be bad for anyone in school! The idea is a fun meet,so we will hafta work around the other stuff (parking, hotel, ect)
Old 09-30-2004
i love my morreale

eddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by pon55
Driving is never boring!
Pre or post summer will be bad for anyone in school! The idea is a fun meet,so we will hafta work around the other stuff (parking, hotel, ect)
well like a early june/ late august type deal.
Old 10-02-2004
Registered!!

AceKicker is an unknown quantity at this point
Well I will be home in a month and willbe meeting with taz and start finding out baout hotels and deals. Now about the Pre and Post summer meeting idea. Like pon said there will be alot of problems with college people going back to school at then end of august and in early or mid june high school is jsut getting out and I know people will be going with their family for vacation for a bit or sjtu starting a new summer job and cant take the time away just yet. So I think we are either going to do it at the end of July or the begining of August. That way people can make some summer money, can take some time off of work if they want to make it a mini vacation, and it is plenty of time before anyone has to go back to college. And I know the guys want to see some college women wearing almost nothing at the beach. So I think around then. But if you bring people try to bring girls also because I know the guys want to see some girls also and I know not everyone is trying to have a sausage fest lol. BUT FOR ALL OF YOU LADIES COMING SINGLE OR NOT TRY TO BRING SOME OF YOUR SINGLE G/F FOR THE SINGLE GUYS. I'm married and dont need one but trying to look out for my bros. lol.
Old 10-02-2004
Registered!!

ssmshortie will become famous soon enough
next summer is gona be awesome
Old 10-02-2004
i love my morreale

I can't wait. I'm so making it a vacation & bringing my girl.
Old 11-30-2004
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
im down for whenever..
Old 11-30-2004
Registered!!

pbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant future
well, VA beach cant be too bad...at least there will be stuff to do instead of just chillin at a parking lot or something. the BBQ was nice 2 years ago tho (i didnt go last year).

anyway, it would be nice if the date got set well ahead of time so that us working folks can get the time off from work and drive down there. its not exactly a short drive from NY/NJ area. and my guess not too many new englanders will be making the drive down there.

i voted for whenever, but id say late july to early august so its not too too hot. also, i dont know if they already got a place where this will be, but maybe in addition to hotel info if they can post local camp sites etc.?? i dont know if ill be going alone or what, but if its warm i might just bring my tent and sleeping bag and camp out. might be fun if a bunch of us do it and just have a bon fire at night and kick back w/ a few beers or something.
Old 11-30-2004
You boost, I-VTEC
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the rough
I don't know about this whole VA thing, sure the people from MD and VA love it cause its like a hour drive, virginia from NJ is a 10 hour drive. I plan on making this drive in Febuary for a NASA-VA HPDE event at VIR. But to sit around in a parking lot and chit chat for a couple hours? Unless there is something planned to do that will actually happen i don't know if i'll come.
Old 11-30-2004
Registered!!

pbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant future
yeah, if all of you who are planning this can set something up w/ the race track or something, like a club event or whatever. like what the acura type R meet is where they get to have a track event, that would be awesome. i would pay for that. plus its a great passtime, instead of just sitting in a lot or even a BBQ. i dont know if it will require like a NASA or a SCCA membership on our part, but its worth looking into.

just so you know what im talking about (VID)

Last edited by PbFoot; 11-30-2004 at 02:55 PM.
Old 11-30-2004
Registered!!

kismylx will become famous soon enough
thats an awesome acura type R expo rolling down the highway all together wish it was all civic. Have like a civic expo rolling all together 20-25 cars.

Originally Posted by PbFoot
yeah, if all of you who are planning this can set something up w/ the race track or something, like a club event or whatever. like what the acura type R meet is where they get to have a track event, that would be awesome. i would pay for that. plus its a great passtime, instead of just sitting in a lot or even a BBQ. i dont know if it will require like a NASA or a SCCA membership on our part, but its worth looking into.

just so you know what im talking about (VID)
Old 11-30-2004
Registered!!

pon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nice
Originally Posted by kismylx
thats an awesome acura type R expo rolling down the highway all together wish it was all civic. Have like a civic expo rolling all together 20-25 cars.
We can do that!
Old 11-30-2004
w00t

acurastype01 is an unknown quantity at this point
yeh are their any tracks near by that we can go on? cuz ill deffinaetly be there if so
Old 11-30-2004
i love my morreale

agrees with pon55 & kismylx
Old 11-30-2004
You boost, I-VTEC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the rough
well VIR is in Virginia, but i don't know where exactly, i'll be finding out soon though. Thing is it would 1.) have to be on a day a club is running there, 2.) people wanting to go on the track would need to be a member of said club and have to fork out the dough to run the event. It's probably not a feesable idea. I doubt there would be enough people here willing to go on the track to even make it an idea.
Old 11-30-2004
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
VIR is not even close to Virginia Beach....I agree with Hawk, it really isn't a feasible idea unless we were a club that had cash.
Old 11-30-2004
Registered!!

I'm just comming down to see the bitches! oops beaches=sorry
Old 11-30-2004
Registered!!

I'm just comming down to see the bitches! oops beaches=sorry
maybe we can drive down together. where is po-town? im in northern NJ, real close to NYC...i guess we can discuss when the time comes, and when im sure i can actually go. haha

PS, why wouldnt we be able to call ourselves a club? i can see your point as far as $$ and being memebers of SCCA or NASA, but what exactly do we need to do to be considered an actual car club?

PM me with the answer so as not to hijack the thread.
Old 11-30-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by PbFoot
maybe we can drive down together. where is po-town? im in northern NJ, real close to NYC...i guess we can discuss when the time comes, and when im sure i can actually go. haha

PS, why wouldnt we be able to call ourselves a club? i can see your point as far as $$ and being memebers of SCCA or NASA, but what exactly do we need to do to be considered an actual car club?

PM me with the answer so as not to hijack the thread.
I'm 40 minutes from GSP. Just a quickie-you need formal by-laws,board members,insurance,ect,ect,ect!Most are incorpated as not for profit organizations.
Old 12-01-2004
Registered!!

hey guys well i jsut saw you all talking about VIR. It is about 2 to 3 hours west of virginia beach. I have been there for a run on the track a long time ago it is really nice out there. BUt there is nothing else out there besides the track it is out in the boonies. Atleast in Va.Beach there is alot to do. I'm going to get ahold of the KOA camp grounds and see if we can take a nice big spot for the meet and it is right next to the beach I even think it has own private beach i think but the real beach with teh girls and cars is like two mins away. Im still waiting to hear back from Taz on how we are going to start planning stuff.
Old 12-05-2004
Type Skivic

TeRRoRiFiC35 is an unknown quantity at this point
no way am I driving to Virginia Beach. the last meet was far as hell south too. we need to bring it up more north, like Maryland.
Old 12-05-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by TeRRoRiFiC35
no way am I driving to Virginia Beach. the last meet was far as hell south too. we need to bring it up more north, like Maryland.
I'm in mid NY and I had no prob with last meet! Lotsa of Jersey peps made it-no prob! I think the beach idea is great! We gota give credit to the guys organizing these things!!
Old 12-06-2004
i love my morreale

I think the beach idea is great! We gota give credit to the guys organizing these things!!

agreed. -applause-
Old 12-06-2004
Registered!!

yeah, i also think the beack idea is great. id rather drive a few hours more and chill on the beach rather than just hang around a lot in DC. i mean it was great to meet everyone, but there was nothing to do. at least on the beach we can chill, play some volleball or whatever...throw the bee around. lol
Old 12-06-2004
Registered!!

civic_kyd is an unknown quantity at this point
i know 1 place....... i think this should be good... arundel mills mall parking lot.... during the day...like at 1pm then we can go to jilians or something or.. OC!!! like 1 day before OC car show (june 11-12th) we all chip in some money and get hotel and drinks and party~~ lol
Old 12-06-2004
Registered!!

I'm in mid NY and I had no prob with last meet! Lotsa of Jersey peps made it-no prob! I think the beach idea is great! We gota give credit to the guys organizing these things!!

Well Thanx for the appreciation Pon. I know me and Taz really appreciate it. Well for you people that dont want to come to the Beach then that is totally fine. We arent hating on the guys that dont wnat to come. I mean if you all want to have like a split meet where you northern guys want to set up a meet around the same time frame and the half that wants to go up north because it is easier for them then they go up there and if the others want to come the the Beach and party then that is totally cool for them. I know we plan on tryin g to do something really nice like maybe take up a few lots at the KOA, KAO whatever the name is and it has its own beach and the main strip is like 3 mins drive from there where we cna cruise and chill at the beach. BUt like I said it is up to you all if you northern boys want to set something up there for you northern guys to then that is totally cool. Well that is my opin ion about things. Oh yeah taz(mark) if you read this PM me i got some ideas.
Old 12-06-2004
Registered!!

hmmm... va beach... damn last time i went there to watch other STS show it was HIKE haha took me and my friends 6 hours to get there well... i'll try to go this time.. but speakin of beach... lets do it at OC... =P i can stay there long than 1 day.. cuz i got show to attend thats if we do da meet a day before the show...i believe thats 10th.... cuz show is on 11th - 12th... and OC has better road... i think haha
Old 12-06-2004
i love my morreale

I'm down for VA.
Old 12-07-2004
Registered!!

Doh!!!
Old 12-07-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by eddieisaricer
I'm down for VA.
^ ^ ^

Quick Reply: Mid Atlantic Meet Poll and Brainstorming!