General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Rust problems in early Hondas?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2003
Zoom zoom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jiggerachi will become famous soon enough
Question Rust problems in early Hondas?

Sup guys, a friend of mine is looking to buy a 92 Accord, its in good condition but the only problem is it has rust bubbles on either rear quarter panels. Theyre not very big & he talked to the guy selling it & he said that hes had that problem with every one of the 4 Hondas hes owned. Is this a known problem with the early hondas? I drove an 87 civic hatch & it didnt have any rust bubbles like that. He lives in Oklahoma, so do you think it has anything to do with the wierd weather up there? I know like in florida they have rust problems due to the salt in the air from the ocean, & up north from the salt on the roads, but im unsure if Oklahoma has anything in the air that would do that.

Thanks
Old 05-19-2003
Banned by Admin
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Master should not be trustedMaster should not be trustedMaster should not be trustedMaster should not be trustedMaster should not be trustedMaster should not be trusted
it isn't because of the weather, I use to go to OU, and the weather is the same there as it is in the DFW area. The guy probably just wasn't taking care of the car on the exterior like he should have.