General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

SRT-4 coming to the land of the free and the frozen?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2003
Civic Owns My SRT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FuKNGRuVN is an unknown quantity at this point
SRT-4 coming to the land of the free and the frozen?

Anybody have any links to any articles or news items that gives a definitive date about whether or not the SRT-4 is coming to Canada? I've spoken to several dealers now, and besides the fact that, in true form, most of them don't know what the hell I'm talking about, the only answers I've heard other than "Huh? Is that a new Volkswagen?" is "Not coming" and "Maybe summer". Not a peep on the Canadian Dodge site, and nothing on the corporate site either.

I've found some ruminations around various forums and sites around the net, but nobody seems to know. Just thought I'd ask here.

EDIT - I lied. Found this.... on_SRT_forums but still.... any feedback from some p33ps that have slid their butt behind the wheel would be appreciated.

I'm curious to see what it drives like. I've driven the WRX and other nausiatingly fast cars ('98 Viper) and I'm kinda curious as to how fast Dodge can accelerate the collection of tupperwear and plastic that makes up the Neon. I know that comment in itself will set me alight in these hallowed forums, but I thought I'd be a smartass for a second.

Mmmmm.... tupperwear....... Element.......
Old 03-14-2003
Registered!!

Location: San Diego, California, USA, Northern Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Spiral arm of the Milkey Way
HondaGuru is an unknown quantity at this point
It is. When? I dont know. Why? Because I dont live in Canada and therefore dont care.

GOOGLE IT UP!
Old 03-14-2003
Registered!!

nuffsed is an unknown quantity at this point
i believe it is coming to Canada.... possibly by this summer...
Old 03-14-2003
I Am The Chosen One

profurious is an unknown quantity at this point
talked to my friend at a local dodge dealer, they are expected to be here middle of may.
Old 03-14-2003
Registered!!

Diemos is an unknown quantity at this point
lol tupperwear. That EXACTLY what it looks like, that thing is ugly as hell. I dont care how fast you made that thing, girls would laugh at me. Plus the reliability of previous years neons was VERY poor, so imagine taking a poor design and turboing it? Also I would never buy the first year of a new car, they generally tend to work out bugs by the second year. Id stay clear of this one for a while, assuming you dont like visiting the dealerships often.
Old 03-14-2003
Registered!!

showoff is an unknown quantity at this point
Just wait till the season kicks in and everyone starts telling srt-4 kill stories.. LOL I think its hilarious that the least imaginative car you could think of now owns most of us. Its like that fat chick in highschool that turns into a bangtastic chick later on in life, Ironic isn't it [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

Old 03-14-2003
Si(R) killer # 1

CoupeStylz is an unknown quantity at this point
I sat in one at the Detroit auto show, and found the interior to be among the worst of any new car I've ever been in. It needs a lot of work.

As for not buying the first year of the production run, I learned that lesson with this car, being an 01 civic driver.