General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

too many civics on the street

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2003
Euro-Spec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nice
too many civics on the street

don't get me wrong, I like civics (I own a 2002 ex) but there is way too many on the street. It kills it.
Old 03-03-2003
7thgen guh chee

JohnnyLee is an unknown quantity at this point
I've noticed also. When I first got mine there weren't that many and all of a sudden people left and right have them. On a normal day I'll see like 7 or more a day.
Old 03-04-2003
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Boosted2k2 should not be trustedBoosted2k2 should not be trusted
i rarely see any 7th gens around here. There's a few 6th gens though
Old 03-04-2003
Registered!!

dragoon is an unknown quantity at this point
not only that, too many silver coupes [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG] i shoulda got white
Old 03-04-2003
Euro-Spec

tripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nice
mee too. Way too many silver coupes. I know stickers suck , but I had to get a crappy *** sticker cause i had trouble finding my car in the parking lot.
Old 03-04-2003
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
Yea, I can understand what you are saying. I see accords everywhere - I owned 2 and wife is on 2nd. I see Odyssey minivans all over the place - wife really wants one. I see cr-vS all over the place. And the civic, well we have all been seeing them all over the place for the past decade along with the accords....O'well....we could always get a yugo...don't see many of them lol
Old 03-04-2003
#1 S2000 Fan

ViNRoCk8 is an unknown quantity at this point
i see more 4-doors than anything, here in NY.....not to many coupes tho.....alot of 6th gens.
Old 03-04-2003
Premium Member

runner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to all
Thats why I got a blue civic[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 03-04-2003
ak
Retired Mod

ak can only hope to improve
isn't the 7th gen civic the #8 best seller in the US? (01-02 data)
Old 03-04-2003
Registered!!

Silver02EX is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a Silver 02 coupe and there's many around here. At least I'm one of the only few around the Portland area who has the EX with spoiler. Mos of the 7th gen I see are Silver LX coupe without a spoiler.
Old 03-04-2003
Euro-Spec

You should come to Coachella Valley (California). I bought mine early in 2002, and not a lot of people had it by that time, but in a matter of weeks, all the teens have it. That just sucks. That's why I'm getting 17's blacks on mine. (no wannabe mugen, with no hubcaps)
Old 03-04-2003
Registered!!

Location: Crestview/Niceville/Destin/Ft. Walton Beach, Florida, USA
Xopher is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, silver is now the most popular car color in the US. (According to some poll anyway.) That poll also claimed that "silver is the new white!" Whatever that's supposed to mean...
Old 03-04-2003
Registered!!

BlueFlame is an unknown quantity at this point
I see 7thgens everyhere. A lot of sedans, and silver is the color of choice. There's only one other black sedan with a spoiler that I've seen, but nowhere near as cool looking as mine. There's also only one other 7thgen in town (that I kno of) with any mods on it. It looks pretty nice, and has a 60 shot of N20 as well, but I'm pretty certain he's not on this site.

How come whenever I smile at another 7thgen owner, they look at me like I'm some sort of retard?? We should all be like family dammit!!
Old 03-04-2003
I Queef > You

sKwiD is on a distinguished road
Back in Dallas there were groups of them, and most of them were EX too... Here in San Diego, they're mostly all LX and mostly sedans... They're mostly people that can't drive and are major disgraces to civics...[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-nono.gif[/IMG]
Old 03-04-2003
Registered!!

DC5@EM2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Im not bitching by no means cuz the more cars there are on the streets give us more coverage and greater numbers to think about to big corporations that are deciding to make parts and what not. Also, I have 7 7th gens including mine at my work alone.
Old 03-04-2003
Registered!!

SoNiCcIvIc is an unknown quantity at this point
4-doors are more common because the majority of Civic buyers that are in their 30s to mid-late 40s prefer the convenience.

Silver IMO has gotten really plain, common and has lost it's uniqueness. I noticed in the late 90s to 2000, silver cars poped up everywhere. Now everyone has a silver car and the Civic is no exception. A silver Civic is probably the most purchased color. I just don't see what makes silver so special... I guess I'm just sick of seeing it now that I've seen it so often and everyone has it. It's turning gray in my mind. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG] Even my Civic was supposed to be silver until I saw black, but I settled for blue for some reason and I'm satisfied.
Old 03-04-2003
Registered!!

Royando is an unknown quantity at this point
its not how many people have it, its how many people do stuff to them, rims, lower it, tint windows, and so on and so on.make it UNIQUE
Old 03-04-2003
Registered!!

SoNiCcIvIc is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: BlueFlame
How come whenever I smile at another 7thgen owner, they look at me like I'm some sort of retard?? We should all be like family dammit!![hr]
LMFingAO... [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] have you ever heard the quote, "We don't have to like each other, we're family." ?
Old 03-04-2003
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
I see 7thgens everyhere. A lot of sedans, and silver is the color of choice. There's only one other black sedan with a spoiler that I've seen, but nowhere near as cool looking as mine. There's also only one other 7thgen in town (that I kno of) with any mods on it. It looks pretty nice, and has a 60 shot of N20 as well, but I'm pretty certain he's not on this site.

How come whenever I smile at another 7thgen owner, they look at me like I'm some sort of retard?? We should all be like family dammit!![hr]
Well DAmn!

Well, my car is back to stock pretty much except for the wheels and intake - they will be gone soon.
Old 03-04-2003
Registered!!

Location: Crestview/Niceville/Destin/Ft. Walton Beach, Florida, USA
Xopher is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, I know what you mean! Example, I was leaving class a week or two ago, and classes just got out so everyone's trying to get out of the parking lot. I stopped to let this girl driving a silver 7thgen LX coupe in front of me, and I waved her in. Then she didn't give a "Thank you" wave back and I could see the reluctant look on her face. Like, "Why are you letting me in?!" or something to that effect. Oh, and by the way, I usually see four silver 7thgen 2dr coupes while at school. The four are driven by girls--nothing is modified to them. There's one guy with a black 7thgen, he has rims and it's lowered--But that's it that I can see. (I've never spoken to him.) I don't have much done to my ride as of now, mainly small things that only like 7thgencivic.com members would notice. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] I'd really like to get to know some people and start talking to them, introduce them to the site, etc.. So, far I only know two guys in my area that have 7thgen Civs. But we're haven't really got up about anything.. I feel so alone, boo hoo hoo...
Old 03-04-2003
Registered!!

RedDragon333 will become famous soon enough
[hr]Originally posted by: tripledoublegs
mee too. Way too many silver coupes. I know stickers suck , but I had to get a crappy *** sticker cause i had trouble finding my car in the parking lot.[hr]
there arent a whole lot of 7thgens out there and the ones that are none of the are RED [IMG]i/expressions/demon.gif[/IMG]
Old 03-04-2003
LEVA

KeNsHiN is an unknown quantity at this point
i see more 4-doors than coupes, here in Sacramento.....alot of 6th gens!!!!

Old 03-04-2003
Registered!!

Dr5D is an unknown quantity at this point
i rarely see coupes - all sedans. and when it is a coupe its not EX, normally Im driving so i dont notice exactly what it is, but they dont have body colored door handles and mirrors.
If and when I see a 7th gen and it has somthing done to it, or they somehow show that they like their car alot (ie. back of parking lot) or maybe just owned by a guy i always try to leave a quick note under their wiper to tell them about this site, and its worked a few times too!
Old 03-04-2003
Registered!!

7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice
Yeah I agree...there are more sedans then there are coupes. But it took awhile before the civics were played out...I mean...now, I see 350Zs EVERYWHERE![IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]
Old 03-04-2003
Registered!!

bboysushi is an unknown quantity at this point
man i agree so much
the reason i picked green, great color, and maybe it stands out
lol
but now the only green i see on the road are either driven by
old grannies, or crazily riced out to the max...

mann.. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG]

Bboysushi

Old 03-04-2003
Escaped Convict

CapYoda has a spectacular aura aboutCapYoda has a spectacular aura about
save up more money and buy a less general car then...

or spend the money and make it look as different as you can... which is er.. still hard.

its funny but I still haven't come across another civic with altezza grill, even though everyone on this site has one. eh.

nor any body kit... only like 1-2 at the most... of at least probably a hundred different 7th gen I've come across.

Old 03-04-2003
Registered!!

HRocket2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
too many black 7thgens.. and here i thought i was original..lol[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 03-04-2003
Registered!!

crazydragon is an unknown quantity at this point
I see 7th gens all over the place, two girls I know, and one I wish I knew The rest are old people. Out of the one's I see all the time, I think the one girl has her's lowered 2k1 red 2 door, and the other has altazza's and factory rims (2k1 four door, blue)

I'm the only one so far that has really done anything so far. even then my car dosn't stand out. till the 17th that is, hehehehe.
Old 03-04-2003
Registered!!

Susurrate is an unknown quantity at this point
Just got my red 2002 coupe LX. Does not stand out right now, but it will.
Old 03-04-2003
Ike
Registered!!

Ike is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a silver LX and "yes" they are everywhere. The good thing is that mine stands out a little better. Also mine will prolly beat all of them around here off the line as well, soon anyways.

Quick Reply: too many civics on the street