General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

SRT-4... ACTUAL track times.

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2003
Registered!!

Location: San Diego, California, USA, Northern Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Spiral arm of the Milkey Way
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HondaGuru is an unknown quantity at this point
SRT-4... ACTUAL track times.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...hreadid=318291

Old 02-20-2003
Registered!!

SLAMMED01CIV is an unknown quantity at this point
Impressive, but like they said it's still a neon and I would never be caught driving it.
Old 02-20-2003
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
[hr]Originally posted by: SLAMMED01CIV
Impressive, but like they said it's still a neon and I would never be caught driving it. [hr]
You could say that again.

Old 02-20-2003
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mattskav is an unknown quantity at this point
Thats f'ing hauling A$$ for under 20k.

If you don't have respect for what they've done there yyou clearly don't show any appreciatin twords cars...
Old 02-20-2003
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
[hr]Originally posted by: mattskav

If you don't have respect for what they've done there yyou clearly don't show any appreciatin twords cars...[hr]
Oh I respect what they have done with the engine. That still doesn't change the fact that I wouldn't be caught dead driving one. I would rather drive an old Gremlin or something.

Old 02-20-2003
Registered!!

SoNiCcIvIc is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn... faster than any stock DC2R... looks like about two tenths of a second faster than the fastest stock 00-01 Rs.
Old 02-20-2003

03Eclipse should not be trusted03Eclipse should not be trusted03Eclipse should not be trusted
[hr]Originally posted by: mattskav
Thats f'ing hauling A$$ for under 20k.

If you don't have respect for what they've done there yyou clearly don't show any appreciatin twords cars...[hr]
agreed.....
Old 02-20-2003
You boost, I-VTEC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the rough
holy sweet jeebus! damn!
Old 02-20-2003
Registered!!

nbpEMCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Impressive..."performs as advertised". Oh and to the people who think something to the effect of "oh its still a neon"...you are lame.
Old 02-20-2003
O RLY

S2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to behold
He had an MBC and from what I've seen, different tires other than stock. Hence the 2.1 60' in a FWD car that would have massive torque steer off the line as it is.

He set the MBC at 14psi. stock is anywhere from 11-15 as stated. the neon's ECU will lower the PSI the warmer the intake temp is.
Old 02-20-2003
Forum Sponsor

NeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz Erthang
i've owned a neon before (1999 r/t) and had it turbo'ed running 12's...

trust me, i had no respect what so ever...
Old 02-20-2003
Registered!!

XxJDMCivicxX is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: NeonImpact
i've owned a neon before (1999 r/t) and had it turbo'ed running 12's...

trust me, i had no respect what so ever...[hr]
So you hated your neon and decided to pick a civic of all cars [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG] just playing
Old 02-20-2003
Registered!!

I have respect for the SRT-4 but like I said it's still a neon and it's made by Dodge. It will fall apart after 2 years. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-nono.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-20-2003
Ike
Registered!!

Ike is an unknown quantity at this point
I have respect for the SRT-4 but like I said it's still a neon and it's made by Dodge. It will fall apart after 2 years. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-nono.gif[/IMG][hr]
Damn right.
My first car was a neon. The frist engine got a crack in the block after I had it for about 6 months, so i got a new engine. Then about 3 months later the transmission got screwed up and couldnt be fixed. After convincing I got my parents to help me get my 2K2 Civic.
Old 02-20-2003
Jon
Registered!!

Jon is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: S2000man01
He had an MBC and from what I've seen, different tires other than stock. Hence the 2.1 60' in a FWD car that would have massive torque steer off the line as it is.

He set the MBC at 14psi. stock is anywhere from 11-15 as stated. the neon's ECU will lower the PSI the warmer the intake temp is.[hr]
in the article he said that with the boost controller he tweaked it to 15 psi.....?

what's the M in MBC stand for? i'm not seeing it....<doh>
Old 02-20-2003
Registered!!

KurupTLX is an unknown quantity at this point
"its still a neon".. shut up
its a neon that will whoop your *** EVERY TIME. I would definitly drive one. All it needs is a big drop and that ugly spoiler removed.

K-lx
Old 02-20-2003
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: KurupTLX
its a neon that will whoop your *** EVERY TIME. I would definitly drive one. All it needs is a big drop and that ugly spoiler removed.

K-lx[hr]
Did anyone say that their car was faster??? I think not. So you go ahead and drive that hunk of ****. I hope I pass your *** on the highway when you're all broke down. I'm gonna be laughing my *** off. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-nono.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-20-2003
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: Jon
[hr]Originally posted by: S2000man01

He set the MBC at 14psi. stock is anywhere from 11-15 as stated. the neon's ECU will lower the PSI the warmer the intake temp is.[hr]
in the article he said that with the boost controller he tweaked it to 15 psi.....?

what's the M in MBC stand for? i'm not seeing it....<doh>[hr]
MBC=manual boost controller
Old 02-20-2003

03Eclipse should not be trusted03Eclipse should not be trusted03Eclipse should not be trusted

K-lx[hr]
Did anyone say that their car was faster??? I think not. So you go ahead and drive that hunk of ****. I hope I pass your *** on the highway when you're all broke down. I'm gonna be laughing my *** off. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-nono.gif[/IMG][hr]
I doubt that this Neon will be as crappy as the previous gen's ......Given that, and the price and power, It looks like a better buy that the 7th gen by far......All cars have their problems...The fact that its a neon doesn't mean they will all break down ..... That being said, I doubt you'll be passing any of them on the highway, given their power vs the 7th gen ....[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-20-2003
Registered!!

htowncivicEX is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: SoNiCcIvIc
Damn... faster than any stock DC2R... looks like about two tenths of a second faster than the fastest stock 00-01 Rs.[hr]
The Integra Type R was never intended to be very fast in a straight-line. The SRT-4 has about a 40 hp advantage, so yeah it should definitely be faster in the quarter-mile. I'm guessing the ITR will still run circles around the SRT-4 on a track course, however.
Old 02-20-2003
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: 03Eclipse

K-lx[hr]
Did anyone say that their car was faster??? I think not. So you go ahead and drive that hunk of ****. I hope I pass your *** on the highway when you're all broke down. I'm gonna be laughing my *** off. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-nono.gif[/IMG][hr]
I doubt that this Neon will be as crappy as the previous gen's ......Given that, and the price and power, It looks like a better buy that the 7th gen by far......All cars have their problems...The fact that its a neon doesn't mean they will all break down ..... That being said, I doubt you'll be passing any of them on the highway, given their power vs the 7th gen ....[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][hr]
Passing when broken down on the side of the road obviously. Some people are really not too smart. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-nono.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-20-2003

[hr]Originally posted by: 03Eclipse

K-lx[hr]
I doubt that this Neon will be as crappy as the previous gen's ......Given that, and the price and power, It looks like a better buy that the 7th gen by far......All cars have their problems...The fact that its a neon doesn't mean they will all break down ..... That being said, I doubt you'll be passing any of them on the highway, given their power vs the 7th gen ....[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][hr]
Passing when broken down on the side of the road obviously. Some people are really not too smart. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-nono.gif[/IMG][hr]
Obviously not when i just stated there wont't be any broken down .....Before you flame, read the post .....

Old 02-20-2003
Jon
Registered!!

Jon is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: htowncivicEX
[hr]Originally posted by: SoNiCcIvIc
Damn... faster than any stock DC2R... looks like about two tenths of a second faster than the fastest stock 00-01 Rs.[hr]
The Integra Type R was never intended to be very fast in a straight-line. The SRT-4 has about a 40 hp advantage, so yeah it should definitely be faster in the quarter-mile. I'm guessing the ITR will still run circles around the SRT-4 on a track course, however.[hr]
if i remember correctly, the srt-4 had a higher mph in the slalom course when compared to the wrx. i think it was in scc and i don't know how the wrx compares to the itr, awd vs. fwd, i'd imagine the wrx was a little faster but i dunno. i was stunned that the srt-4 beat the wrx
Old 02-20-2003
Registered!!

I read your post! If you read my post again after yours it does make sense. They will be broken down because every Dodge vehicle does. And I will be passing them while they are in the break down lane, laughing my *** off! You go find me a single Dodge vehicle that has lasted longer then 6 months without a problem then get back to me. Think boy! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-nono.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-20-2003
Si(R) killer # 1

CoupeStylz is an unknown quantity at this point
Impressive, but like they said it's still a neon and I would never be caught driving it. [hr]
No I doubt you would be CAUGHT driving it since it is faster than 99% of cars on the road.
Old 02-20-2003

I read your post! If you read my post again after yours it does make sense. They will be broken down because every Dodge vehicle does. And I will be passing them while they are in the break down lane, laughing my *** off! You go find me a single Dodge vehicle that has lasted longer then 6 months without a problem then get back to me. Think boy! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-nono.gif[/IMG][hr]
Are you serious? EVERY dodge vehicle has a probelm....Hmmmmmm...given that logic, I think dodge would be out of the automotive business.....There's no sense arguing with you, especially when you make retarded statements like," They will be broken down because every Dodge vehicle does."
Old 02-20-2003
LEVA

KeNsHiN is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: CoupeStylz
No I doubt you would be CAUGHT driving it since it is faster than 99% of cars on the road.[hr]
London must not have **** then because here in cali cars that run 12-13's are common
and believe me it doesn't help when you have a civic
Old 02-20-2003
Jeremy's Iron

CivicRookie is an unknown quantity at this point
OK. So what's the point of this thread again?
Old 02-20-2003
O RLY

S2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to behold
Gettin a little weak in here..... let's stop before we get ourselves locked. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-20-2003
Registered!!

highspeedcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
I dont see why you all are drueling over that car, you know if you want a fast car its not hard ot get one. that car is nasty PERIOD!! if you guys like nasty cars go buy a rust bucket 89 crx, for like 4 grand drop an H22 turbo boom 12 seconds out of the box for like 15 grand or less. so think again, yeah its fast for a new car, but why is it 4 door and look like a jelly bean, I would honest rather see a ford taurus turboed the f**k out running 14's than that neon, how many of you out there who jump at anytime under 15 seconds have actually seen the inside of a neon, common guys the radio comes out with 2 screws and the plastic that covers the screws unclips off the dash, not to mention the cheap plastic they use inside, the big difference between american and foreign is the seemless interiors and as for the outside uhhh why would ANYONE make a performance car and set it up like a look a like drag car and yet set it highenough to put one of the "Fast and Furious" civics under it? this car is a joke as is anyone who buys it, you want a fast car dont bullshit, get a FAST car, but not the ohh so famous neon. give me a break.

Quick Reply: SRT-4... ACTUAL track times.