General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Corolla vs. Civic hm?....

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
erica02civicCPE is an unknown quantity at this point
Corolla vs. Civic hm?....

Before I knew I was even getting my '02 LX Civic, my mother and I got the chance to check out and test drive the Corolla.

Although I didn't like it at first, I realized how many good extra features it has being that its about the same price (or less) as the Civic we were looking at. I told my parents there was no way I was going to want one because my love was to get the Civic lol. I personally didnt like the bodystyle of the Corolla anyways. BUT I knew Toyotas are great as well because we have a 4Runner that we love.

Now I see the '02 and '03 Corolla and they've added even MORE features..includng that bodykit look to it. It's a cute car..I have to admit that now...I just wonder if it would of had as many problems as many of us are having with our Civics now But..how do you all feel about the Corolla and Civic? Anybody wish they might of gotten a Corolla or atleast looked at it?
Old 01-04-2003
Registered!!

blackavian is an unknown quantity at this point
The thought never crossed my mind. I would never look at one of those things. Just my opinion that its definately more of a chick car than a guys one. Another point, look at the aftermarket for the civic, or any honda for that matter. I wanted something that looked pretty good and make it look 10x better. With a corolla, you're limited with aftermarket selection. I love my civic and wouldn't even trade it for an M3--okay, maybe not.
Old 01-04-2003
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
This subject has been covered many times.

Oh well, I am very happy with my civic and wouldn't even consider the toyota. I don't like the exterior styling and I really hate the interior styling of the corolla. The corolla is also quieter, rides mushier, has numb steering, etc., and all that makes for a very numb and a very boring driving experience.

And neither car is more of a masculine than the other in my opinion. The main difference in the image category is the corolla has a senior-citizen type image where as the civic as a more youthful image. Although, the median age of a civic buyer is ~38.
Old 01-04-2003
Registered!!

jefff is an unknown quantity at this point
Corolla = BAD.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG]
I hate that damn buble look. I think the Civic's have way more style.
just my opinion though, everybody's entitled to their own.
Old 01-04-2003
Registered!!

RedDragon333 will become famous soon enough
I was looking at the Corollas for a friend of mine and we both agreed that the Civic has more style. I love the ride of my Civic, yea i know its not fast yet but i get head turns no matter where i go and i like that. The aftermarket support is good and getting much better for these cars it just took some time. I havent had one problem with my Civic so im happy with the money i spent on my car and i wouldnt change my mind if i had to do it all over again. The Corollas are good cars being toyotas and all but i dont like the drive nor the look of them
Old 01-04-2003
Registered!!

dragoon is an unknown quantity at this point
actually most of us have had very few problems with our civics, just that those who do usually toot very big horns and they have 2001's. 2002 owners typically have no complaints at all except for maybe a few rattles here and there
Old 01-04-2003
ak
Retired Mod
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

ak can only hope to improve
[hr]Originally posted by: dragoon
actually most of us have had very few problems with our civics, just that those who do usually toot very big horns and they have 2001's. 2002 owners typically have no complaints at all except for maybe a few rattles here and there[hr]
I second that. The vehicle issues/problems forum is mostly all about 2001s.
Old 01-04-2003
Registered!!

kennisonxgs is an unknown quantity at this point
Go somewhere else and look at the complaints Corolla owners make. I've heard some pretty funny problems on those things. I personally have no problems with my Civic--not even the power. It's not for racing and I don't intend to race with ANY car that I own or will own. There are always something else that's faster, so why bother.
Old 01-04-2003
Registered!!

RyzRocket02 is an unknown quantity at this point
I admit, the new carolla's are beautiful
Old 01-04-2003
Registered!!

born2xLr8 will become famous soon enough
Personally, I don't like the Corolla...like jefff said, " I hate that damn buble look."
Old 01-04-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

IronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond repute
I test drove a Corolla and I didn't like the gas pedal. Yeah, that's right. My foot would always get stuck under the break while I was on the gas. No, I don't have big feet, I just think the pedals are too close together, or the gas is too low, or something.

I forgot about that, and then I drove my friend's Corolla the other day and noticed the same thing. When I come off the gas, sometimes the left part of my shoe hits the bottom of the brake.

It would annoy the hell out of me if that happened all the time, and could possibly even cause an accident (like if you couldn't get on the brake quick enough).

IronFist
Old 01-04-2003
Registered!!

noobman01 is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: ak
[hr]Originally posted by: dragoon
actually most of us have had very few problems with our civics, just that those who do usually toot very big horns and they have 2001's. 2002 owners typically have no complaints at all except for maybe a few rattles here and there[hr]
I second that. The vehicle issues/problems forum is mostly all about 2001s.[hr]
i should read the problem forum more, but as for me, my 2k1's tranny is garbage. oh yea and a loud rattle coming from the front passenger wheel at 120 mph.
Old 01-04-2003
Registered!!

Roosbok is an unknown quantity at this point
If I stick with a small car, I would consider a Corolla.
Old 01-05-2003
Registered!!

BaNgCiViC2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
my mom drives a corrola with a skirt kit and 18 enkei rims lol [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] i think she can beat my civic ahah