General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

91 integra

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2002

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
liquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trusted
91 integra

ok, the guy that's working on my car at the body shop has a 91 integra, and he's looking to make it go fast. i don't know jack about his car, but i told him i'd ask around. does anybody know the best bang for the buck for this car? would he be able to drop in like a b18 or am i retarted? he could probably do the labor himself, or probably knows somebody, so really it's just prices for parts.

thanks for any help.
Old 12-28-2002
HISPAnIC CAUSIn PAnIC

sadboy916 is an unknown quantity at this point
b18 is what i would do then turbo that bish
Old 12-28-2002
Registered!!

VTECTypeR is an unknown quantity at this point
yup you should be able to put a B18 in it and then turbo it or do whatever you want to it
Old 12-28-2002
Registered!!

mrdan4548 is an unknown quantity at this point
tell him to do a i/h/e because the basics on that car helps out alot. Plus tell him that he should do a pulley kit (alt. p/s. crank) this also helps out. And lastly get a new tb that has to be portmatched to the intake manifold or you could just recommend him getting a tb and intake manifold. I used to have a 92 rs integra and i had aem short ram intake, dc sports headers, and a weld on muffler. Underdrive pulley, jg tb=(throttle body) Accel thundersport wires, no powersteering (took it off cause it was leaking), act clutch. In the 1/8th mile i ran best time was 10.01 My friend had a stock gsr and i ate him up good. But the sad thing was i never had a chance to dyno it b4 i sold it So for all those things they are rather cheap to do and they all do help out alot! HTH [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-28-2002
Registered!!

DriveItHard is an unknown quantity at this point
10.01!! Are you serious? I run the 1/8 mile in 10.483 STOCK. So I guess if he wants it to haul buns he should probably do more than what you listed above don't you think? I don't know..just my opinion. I'm not flaming but I can't beat a GSR for crap if he gets a descent launch off the line. I guess it depends on the driver.

Late
Old 12-28-2002
Registered!!

VTECHUNTER is an unknown quantity at this point
if he has a 91 teg i would def. just do the b18 swap, very simple, easy and could even be fun for him. i used to have a 91 crx si, same setup, i didnt like the stock 1.6l sohc nonvtec motor, so i swaped in the b16a9. it ran so hard, that motor can make thoose light cvars fly, the teg's are a little heavyer, so recomend the b18, but any b-series will do to tell you the truth. he will need a longblock, all aftermarket bolt ons(its easier to put the header and intakemanifolds on with the new engine not instaled yet), he'll also need a tranny and motor mount kit. for the tranny i would recomend a y1, i had it on the crx and it allways held under pressure....now for a clutch, dont go with act unless he plans to never run nos or turbo. i dont like act higher clutches, seem to poorly made for the price, youre better off just getting a centerforce. again, had it in the crx before, pushing 240h.p. @wheels with only a stage 2! and it never failed me! if you need any links to pages with more detailed step by step instructions on the b-series install drop me a line at brianchrencik@yahoo.com and id be more than glad to help.
Old 12-28-2002
Registered!!

RedDragon333 will become famous soon enough
[hr]Originally posted by: sadboy916
b18 is what i would do then turbo that bish[hr]
yea but before the bolt on turbo i would beef up the internals and make that thing bullet proof to handle a higher boost
Old 12-28-2002
Registered!!

dragoon is an unknown quantity at this point
i would do motor work on the b18. nothing like getting schooled by a 91 integra that revs to 9k
Old 12-28-2002

liquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trusted
thanks guys. so it looks like i should suggest the b18, then internals, then go for a turbo. i don't know how much he's got saved up, but he might be able to do a lot of this at one time. how much would like the engine cost, and what type of internals? sorry, i'm not a very big engine person. but i did get it right on the b18 being the engine to throw in.
Old 12-28-2002
Registered!!

mrdan4548 is an unknown quantity at this point
hey driveithard; yea i know it was pretty hard to believe i guess my awesome driving abilities were so great thats why i ran the time that i did. nah j/k When i ran that everyone was like wtf how the hell did you manage that? Its just luck, and weather conditions. I gots the times slip to prove it so just for everyones info those little integras might be old but they are still totally bad *** when you do acouple right things to them, i wish i never sold mine but i still love my civc
Old 12-28-2002
Registered!!

OmegaBlue2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
If he wants a set of skunk2 adjustable sleeve and spring coilovers for it, i have a set, brand new in box that are still looking for a home, have him e-mail me..... OmegaBlue2k1@aol.com

I know its not a "go fast" part but it will help him lower the center of gravity on it if he plans on using it on the road and not just in straight lines.
Old 12-28-2002
Registered!!

SLAMMED01CIV is an unknown quantity at this point
LS VTEC Frankenstein!!!!!!!!! Then turbo that biotch. No touching that car.