General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

I hate auto parts stores.

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2002
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
I hate auto parts stores.

Why? If you need any tool or part and it isn't generic or for a GM or Ford... They don't have it! And if you say that you need it for an import... holy crap run for cover... cuz now that you've told them that, they don't want to get it for you either. If you have an import car, it seems like you don't exist to them. Maybe it's because here in Indiana, everyone and their uncle drives a pick-up, but it's pissing me off. I can't get anything I need if it isn't in a standard tool set. And what sucks more is that you can't go to the dealer and buy the necessary tools because they don't have them either. So where does one go to get specialty tools for an import?
BTW... At this moment, I need a 7/8" oil pressure sender socket, but this isn't the first or second time it's happened.
Old 12-24-2002
DIY King

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
What kinda tools are you looking for? I usually just get everything online. The only things I've been able to find in autoparts stores were...
- oil filters
- generic battery terminals
- spraypaint
- torque wrench

That's all they're good for IMO. I don't bother with anything else since they're all the same. They've got a shitload of chemicals, air freshners, slip-on steering wheel covers, generic floor mats, other ricey products, oil, coolant, spraypaint, bondo, paint remover, and that's about it. [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-24-2002
SuperMODrizd
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

C2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond repute
sears has never done me wrong, ive been able to get everything metric that ive ever needed there
Old 12-24-2002
Registered!!

OmegaBlue2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: C2i0v0i1c
sears has never done me wrong, ive been able to get everything metric that ive ever needed there[hr]
Yea, sears is good, but then again they are not a true "auto parts store" as this thread was created over.....
Old 12-24-2002
Registered!!

2001civ is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't like them either, all I get there is belts. they never have anything. imo autozone is the worst of them all.
Old 12-24-2002
Registered!!

civicex2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sears. I actually picked up a 7/8 box end wrench from home depot for like 5 bucks.
Old 12-24-2002
Registered!!

crazyjetskier is an unknown quantity at this point
snap on tools, they have everything for honda cars that i need for my auto class
Old 12-24-2002
Registered!!

BigHippo22 is an unknown quantity at this point
I work at advance auto parts....we have tons of stuff for imports....stuff we don't have only takes a day to get, 2 days at the most. But there are a ton of really really stupid people who work in parts stores, that's the main problem