General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Celica GT-S vs Jeep G.C.

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOWBOY is an unknown quantity at this point
Celica GT-S vs Jeep G.C.

Well, yesterday was the last day I had the celica before I sold it. I was taking it over to my grandparents house so the new owners could take possesion of it. I was driving the celica and my g/f was driving my Jeep. We approached the first stoplight outside our place right before we got to I235, and had a straight, unused and empty stretch of about 3/4 of a mile so I told her to floor it off the line so I could see what the celica could do against it. The light turned green, and we were both off. I don't know if I got a really bad launch or not, but the tires were spinning for around 20 yards and the Jeep got a car length and a half right off the line. I finally started to catch up to it around 45 mph, and then I finally gained about a car length to around 70 mph.

Although, I will admit that I am somewhat sad that I dont have the GT-S anymore, I will plan on having another sports car sooner or later.
So this is my farewell to the celica. It was a very nice car.
Old 12-09-2002
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
whhheeeeeeeew........i thought from the way the story was starting that you had crashed the car just before the owners took delivery......lol
Old 12-09-2002
Registered!!

R3DF0G is an unknown quantity at this point
I got beat by a grand cherokee at the track once.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-09-2002
Registered!!

trevor is an unknown quantity at this point
You still had the Celica[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]....Shiet...I didn't know that......[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
well, I feel for ya lowboy[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-09-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mattskav is an unknown quantity at this point
I keep telling ya

My 94 JGC Laredo V8 ran a 15.35@89.7MPH and launched so hard it used to eat (then new 275hp) Z28's for lunch for 3/4's of the track......