General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

who would win civic or accord

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JRS1 is an unknown quantity at this point
who would win civic or accord

ok some guy at school drives this 5th gneration accord, i think its a 95. It is a 4door automatic with, intake, exhaust, ignition, lowered, 2 12in subs, and 17's. if i race him do you think i could win? i only have a 2door civic dx lowered with intake and exhaust.
I'm pretty sure i can beat him with all the stuff he has on now, but if he takes out the 2 12's and puts on his stock wheels, i dunno if i can beat him. He keeps on talking mad **** about me and my car, so i want to shut him up.
Old 11-14-2002
Registered!!

kenji4861 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm not too knowledgable, but doesn't the Accord come in either LX, EX, or EX with V6?

I've raced an Accord LX (I'm guessing he had auto).. but yea, my car is an EX auto, no mod.. and we were even.
Old 11-14-2002
Registered!!

n00dleboy is an unknown quantity at this point
If you shift well you'd probably win. But it also depends on how long the race is.
Old 11-14-2002
Registered!!

Ichiban is an unknown quantity at this point
I've driven a 5th gen accord before and if its the non-vtec, they have no top end at all. I know the civic DX has no vtec but it still has more top end than an accord for some reason.
Old 11-14-2002
Registered!!

macrossranma is an unknown quantity at this point
is it a v6 or not, if its a v6 u'll prolly lose, i think they come 170hps stock
Old 11-14-2002
Registered!!

keffin will become famous soon enoughkeffin will become famous soon enough
[hr]Originally posted by: macrossranma
is it a v6 or not, if its a v6 u'll prolly lose, i think they come 170hps stock[hr]
true true!
against a dx...ummmmm NOT to sure you'll win man!

JUST DONT PLACE ANY BETS!
Old 11-14-2002
Registered!!

TwilightX is an unknown quantity at this point
Here's how it is on paper:

95 4door accord LX:
Base Engine Type: Inline 4
Horsepower: 130 hp
Max Horsepower: 5300 rpm
Torque: 139 ft-lbs.
Max Torque: 4200 rpm
Weight: 2877 lbs.

01 2door Civic DX:
Base Engine Type: Inline 4
Horsepower: 115 hp
Max Horsepower: 6100 rpm
Torque: 110 ft-lbs.
Max Torque: 4500 rpm
Weight: 2405 lbs.

hmm...looks kind of close...sort of...this sort of thing looks like it really depends on how good of a driver you are.
Old 11-14-2002
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
Sounds like its time for someone to grab a bottle of "Sneaky Pete" and seal the deal.
Old 11-14-2002
Registered!!

BlueRevs is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: FlyRiceRacer02
Sounds like its time for someone to grab a bottle of "Sneaky Pete" and seal the deal.[hr]
[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG],that was funny as hel
Old 11-14-2002
Escaped Convict

CapYoda has a spectacular aura aboutCapYoda has a spectacular aura about
what trim is it? EX or LX? or the v6 one?

the v6 one isn't too hot, I'd rather be in the 145 hp ex 5spd.

if you have a manual, you should be able to take any auto accord, even the v6 should be around the same in terms of quarter mile. the 0-60 is probably faster though.

anyhow, for that specific car, if you have a manual, u should be able to take him with ease, as long as u know how to drive. I'd suggest swapping back in stock intake for the low end you'll need.

his car is slower than stock, lets just say that. I'm sure he killed whatever low-end advantage he had.

and yeah, I've driven accord auto lx,dx before... top end is.. eh?

its a economy family car, what does he think it is?

but yeah, we got an economy compact too.. so... *shrug*

Old 11-14-2002
HISPAnIC CAUSIn PAnIC

sadboy916 is an unknown quantity at this point
umm no a accord v6 falls to a stick civic i know b/c my best friend has a 2001 accord v6 and i always beat him in a 1/4
Old 11-14-2002
Registered!!

Shawn02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah of course he beat you w/ the 2001...but we're talking about the 95 here.....hence the original post. The 95 V6 has 170hp, its a great deal slower than the 1998+ accord V6. If he's got an lx auto, you've got a big chance....if its EX, you'll have a chance if his is auto..if its ex 5speed, itll fly away.
Old 11-14-2002
7thgen guh chee

JohnnyLee is an unknown quantity at this point
I hope u win man. I beat a 1996 Accord LX Coupe 5 speed with intake and exhaust by like 2 car lengths plus a bad start. I have an Ex 5 speed with a cai!
Old 11-14-2002
<--That really is ME

vicLX is an unknown quantity at this point
just do it... dont think of loosing... think of whoopin a$$
Old 11-14-2002
Premium Member

IronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond repute
If you're going to race, take it to the track.

Ok, that being said, here are a few more things that might help you out:

Take out your spare tire before you race (less weight).

Make sure you have 1/4 tank of gas or less (less weight).

Every little bit helps. I know my car feels noticibly faster when I'm almost out of gas, and then right after I fill it up it feels much slower. Must be the extra 80lbs (?) that a full tank of gas weighs.

Good luck, dude.

IronFIst
Old 11-14-2002
Si(R) killer # 1

CoupeStylz is an unknown quantity at this point
You will win for sure, I know, i have beaten many accords. My brother has a 95 accord EXR (145hp) stick and I can beat him. The fact that this guy's car is an auto means U will win for sure.
Old 11-14-2002
Registered!!

PicCoLoboi02 is on a distinguished road
i raced against my friends 94 Accord Lx auto...he had a Greddy Evo and his car was slammed. After i hit my second gear (cuz i had a slow start) i passed him up and he couldn't catch up. I had a AEM CAI only at that time. If he had a V6 i probably would of been gone.
Old 11-14-2002
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: sadboy916
umm no a accord v6 falls to a stick civic i know b/c my best friend has a 2001 accord v6 and i always beat him in a 1/4[hr]
what mods do both of you have? That's really good if you could beat a 2001 V6 Accord.
Old 11-14-2002
Registered!!

dragoon is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: JRS1
ok some guy at school drives this 5th gneration accord, i think its a 95. It is a 4door automatic with, intake, exhaust, ignition, lowered, 2 12in subs, and 17's. if i race him do you think i could win? i only have a 2door civic dx lowered with intake and exhaust.
I'm pretty sure i can beat him with all the stuff he has on now, but if he takes out the 2 12's and puts on his stock wheels, i dunno if i can beat him. He keeps on talking mad **** about me and my car, so i want to shut him up.[hr]
lol, with his subs and wheels, he has no chance. he's about even with you if he switches stock, though. then it's all driver
Old 11-14-2002
Registered!!

J30A1 is an unknown quantity at this point
uh..to the guy who beat the AV6 ALL the time...you mind telling me what kind of mods you got on ur 7gen? Obviously, if your friend cant beat you..you must be running aleast a 16.2. BTW, has your friend ever heard of Toque breaking and launching? yeaaaah it works great with the av6...maybe he should try it sometimes. Just because you beat ONE 6gen V6 doesn't mean ALL will fall to your civic....

As for the 1995-1997 v6 accord, you guys will own it in the 1/4 but try running it from 70mph-100mph...its OVER for you guys.
Old 11-14-2002
Registered!!

Drk01Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
I raced a stock 2001 Accord V6 when I only had my intake and I didn't lose by that much. I say you will probably take the 95. Post back with the results of the race.
Old 11-14-2002
Registered!!

J30A1 is an unknown quantity at this point
hey..drk01civic...i think u only lost by about half a car lenght huh? the length between his rear bumper and you front bumper was about half a car? Because that sounds right if he was stock and you got intake. My car is quiet slow in the 1/4 mile but when u race me on the highway....its OVER[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 11-15-2002
Registered!!

JRS1 is an unknown quantity at this point
ok i know his car isn't a v6 and he said he would take out the subs and go back to stock wheels when we race. we are going to race on the track, keepin it safe i really think i can beat him since he has a 4door automatic. its becoming a big thing around school and he is talkin a lot of sh*t saying he can beat any of my cars. i also have a 4door automatic integra with jdm type r front. i know i can beat him with this car. did i mention that it was turboed[IMG]i/expressions/demon.gif[/IMG]
hopefully i can beat him with my civic, but if he wants to race my integra thats fine also.
Old 11-15-2002
Registered!!

RSX XTC is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont know much about the Accord but. if he has all that in his car you figure he has more weight to his car. at least an extra 100-150 lbs just for the system. what mods you got in your ride ?
Old 11-15-2002
Registered!!

SoNiCcIvIc is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: J30A1
uh..to the guy who beat the AV6 ALL the time...you mind telling me what kind of mods you got on ur 7gen? Obviously, if your friend cant beat you..you must be running aleast a 16.2. BTW, has your friend ever heard of Toque breaking and launching? yeaaaah it works great with the av6...maybe he should try it sometimes. Just because you beat ONE 6gen V6 doesn't mean ALL will fall to your civic....

As for the 1995-1997 v6 accord, you guys will own it in the 1/4 but try running it from 70mph-100mph...its OVER for you guys.[hr]
Heh, I raced a 6th gen Accord V6 from a 70MPH roll in my Civic... biggest mistake ever! [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] That Honda has torque!

But from a stop, it's not as bad. It's not impossible to beat the V6 but it definitely has the advantage.

EDIT: I also raced my friend's LX auto. His car isn't that faster but after 115MPH, he'll start to pull on me slowly.
Old 11-15-2002
Registered!!

tamazoid is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: SoNiCcIvIc
[hr]Originally posted by: J30A1

As for the 1995-1997 v6 accord, you guys will own it in the 1/4 but try running it from 70mph-100mph...its OVER for you guys.[hr]
Heh, I raced a 6th gen Accord V6 from a 70MPH roll in my Civic... biggest mistake ever! [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] That Honda has torque!

But from a stop, it's not as bad. It's not impossible to beat the V6 but it definitely has the advantage.

EDIT: I also raced my friend's LX auto. His car isn't that faster but after 115MPH, he'll start to pull on me slowly.[hr]

well like they say... there's no replacement for displacement.... the v6's engine is like twice the size of the civic isn't it? so the accord would obviously pull on the civic at that high speed... and plus 115mph is reaching the civic's top speed almost...
Old 11-15-2002
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
YOu shouldn't have a problem if it's an auto. If it were a stick it would be a much closer race.

It's all in the launch. You have got to get a good start in our cars. It will make ya or break ya everytime.

BTW, my wife has a 97 ex v6 accord. It has a decent amt of torque and goes pretty well. I think I could take it up to 60 but after that, I would be left in the dust. We had a chance to race the other day as we had to go pic up her car from a gas station (she had to come get me from the bar the prior night, heh). But she was driving mine and got a real bad launch but still came roaring up to the fender of the accord and then missed 2nd! So, that was that. The v6 goes pretty good once it is moving but is terribly slow starting from a dead stop.

I also owned a '00 ex v6 accord prior to the vic. I raced a few civics, earlier model accords, a couple taurii, and several malibus. Amazing how the 40 yr olds like to race their family sedans. LOL Anyhow, I won every race. Usually, I would be neck and neck up to about 50 or so and then that was all she wrote. I was always amazed because I thought I was going to loose then all of sudden, the v6 just comes alive. Scared me everytime heh...thinking my v6 was going to loose. Afterall, even though they aren't that fast, the torque makes you perceive that it is...

Anyhow, just get a good launch outta first especially since you have i/e. REv to about 3k or so and then quickly feather that clutch out.
Old 11-16-2002
Premium Boosted Member

MadWheel will become famous soon enoughMadWheel will become famous soon enough
It seems like this post could go on for a while....My cousin in my lil car group has a 2000 Accord Coupe V6. Below 70 I know I'll beat him with my 02 EX Coupe speed, but as I reach 70 he'll start gaing, if I keep it down on the highway, I'll watch him pass me around 100. Obviously his is an Auto, all the newer V6 accords were, except of course 03 models. He has an Intake on it with VIS Springs and a heavy *** system lol. Mine's stock, for now. I need to wait for the end of winter, damn I hate New England.
Old 11-16-2002
Registered!!

i like J30A1's Accord V6 it'll smoke me day in and day out on the highway...
Old 11-16-2002
Escaped Convict

CapYoda has a spectacular aura aboutCapYoda has a spectacular aura about
work on your launch.

you can take him. its a freaking auto lx. its slow. I mean our car is slow, but that car is just plain slower.

personally I wouldn't even care, I'd flip him off and tell him to think whatever he wants. what a waste of time. heh

Quick Reply: who would win civic or accord