General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Dodge Neon SRT-4 1/4 mile=14.2

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snowman is an unknown quantity at this point
Dodge Neon SRT-4 1/4 mile=14.2

I'm not a mag racer, but check this out:
link for C&D article
Come on, it's under $20k and is fast as hell. I must say it's doesn't look too bad either. Think about it this way, the Civic Si costs the same and what does a 16.0 1/4 mile.

This thing will blow the RSX Type S out of the water too. But as some people have mentioned before, it will be very hard to launch because of the FWD. But still 14.0 seconds. Damn.

I found the URL pretty funny. Hehe. Oh and please let's be a little more mature than, it's still a Dodge or a Neon. This thing is fast and it puts the pressure on the imports to yet again match the price/performance ratio than only the domestics still dominate.
Old 11-09-2002
Registered!!

manixc is an unknown quantity at this point
Hopefully, this will be a wake-up call to Honda and Toyota to build something similar
Old 11-09-2002

liquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trusted
damn, i don't care if it's a neon, i'll take one. then do some body work to make it NOT look like a gay neon. i really hate the tails, and the hood scoop looks even worse. and those head lights....
Old 11-09-2002
Registered!!

Yeah some of the body cladding is over done. The spoiler is a bit big too.
Old 11-09-2002
Registered!!

misio4 is an unknown quantity at this point
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG]It may be fast but it [IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG]Ugly
never[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG]
Old 11-09-2002
that little dude
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

slick will become famous soon enoughslick will become famous soon enough
[hr]Originally posted by: misio4
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG]It may be fast but it [IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG]Ugly
never[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG][hr]
but wouldn't it just suck when an ugly looking neon whoops your [IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG] in a race.

0-60 in 5.6 or whatever and 1/4 in 14.2 with a 102mph trap, damn, thats impressive.

but, as ugly as most people thing this car is, the new si aint much better, looks like a box on wheels.

i dont care for speed that much, so for $20k, i would rather get a base rsx 5 speed.
Old 11-09-2002
Registered!!

Desi is an unknown quantity at this point
SCC said the car is actually underrated in stock power kinda like a high-end amp.
Old 11-09-2002
Registered!!

Location: San Diego, California, USA, Northern Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Spiral arm of the Milkey Way
HondaGuru is an unknown quantity at this point
and this is with 205 tires and an open diff. give that thing some traction w/ and LSD and better/wider tires and its in the 13s easy 100+ MPH trap speed should = 13s with proper traction. and thats with the stock power out put.
Old 11-09-2002
You boost, I-VTEC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the rough
that might be the only Neon i can say i would drive. I drove my moms 94 Neon yesterday, good god what a piece that thing is, brakes are like jello
Old 11-09-2002
Registered!!

Location: San Diego, California, USA, Northern Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Spiral arm of the Milkey Way
94 isnt exactly "new" [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 11-09-2002
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
I would take one if someone gave it to me. Those cars are one of the biggest pieces of junk on the market. They may be fast and you better hope so because you are going to be hauling back to the dealership quite frequently. I have known a few people with neons...

Outside of it being a total piece of sheite, it would be fun to drive.
Old 11-09-2002
Registered!!

SleeperCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
That car would be so much fun to drive! But I'm gonna hafta agree with you guys, it looks like ***. I just hope the sales of that car go crazy so it shows other car companies to build something like it. If Honda made a car like that, even if it was more like $25k, I would buy it. (Honda are you listening?!?!)
Old 11-09-2002
Post Whore General

Jodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the rough
I'm a salesman for Dodge. The new SRT-4 are sweet. They come with 205 hp and 220 of torque stock. It's dodge's 2nd fastest production car next to the Viper. The M.S.R.P. is $19,500. You can order them now to. Which would be in around the first of the year.
Old 11-10-2002
Registered!!

JMan50 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yea, Honda needs to come out with something better than the SI. Need a turbo Need a turbo!!! Something that is Factory fast and then add more on for even faster, not slow and add on and hope on fast!
Old 11-10-2002
Registered!!

nbpEMCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Check out the newest Sport Compact for a good in-depth article on this little rocket. They actually found out that the stock hp/torque figures that Dodge claims might be a little low. Read the article for more information, its late and I don't feel like typing alot.
Old 11-10-2002
Registered!!

That's the thing though, Honda most likely won't come out with something like this. They make damn nice and reliable cars but the performance entuasiast wants something better. I deal with what I have right now, but when I get some more money, I'll buy something that is much faster. Unless Honda radically changes their thinking, it probably won't have an H on the front.

I for one am happy that automakers are listening. Their is a group of people out there that want nothing but all out performance from the factory at a cheap price. The WRX and the SRT-4 has shown that there is a market.
Old 11-10-2002
Registered!!

816CvC is an unknown quantity at this point
i personally doubt honda will ever try to match the neon simply because the import taxes and fees will simply be too much. imo, that's the main reason domestics rule the speed world nowadays. you look at all the high hp import cars and it's really hard to find any at truly affordable prices. by affordable i mean ones that your average joe could buy and wouldn't break the bank. but you look at chevy and ford and all the other companies and they're a ton of high hp cars at doable prices. any import with respectable hp has so many luxury accessories installed that it can no longer be fast nor can it be considered cheap. and imo, that's why japanese auto makers aren't tryin to compete more for the speed enthusiasts.
Old 11-10-2002
7thgen guh chee

JohnnyLee is an unknown quantity at this point
All that for a NEON?? Y?[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 11-10-2002
Registered!!

"It's dodge's 2nd fastest production car next to the Viper."

OHEFFINGELL. Dodge has been using that line for the neon since it first came out. "He all our cars are slow except the viper. That means this Neon ACR, which runs mid 15s is Dodge's SEXOND FASTEST PRODUCTION CAR!!!

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!

thats as bad as hondas hp/l arguement.
Old 11-10-2002
Registered!!

Neonmike is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, neons are pretty gay.

I have to go back to the dealer for a headgasket change every week!

Old 11-11-2002
Registered!!

leadfoot78 is an unknown quantity at this point
S&it i don't think it's fast and I wouldn't buy one either. Once the recalls and problems start coming in on this trash people will change their mind. Dodge is going in the totally wrong direction, they want the aftermarket interest that Honda Mitsubishi and Nissan have but they want it too quick. It seams like Honda Mitsubishi and Nissan are throwing the stick and Dodge is the little kid running between them trying to grab it. The aftermarket interest Honda has was building for a decade now, starting with the 89 CRX when the b16 came out. It started in Japan and came to USA. I don't think Dodge will get on this bandwagon this way it takes time and they have to prove them selves. And 14.2 is not that fast once my hatchback is done ill blow the doors off this thing with zero boost. [IMG]i/expressions/demon.gif[/IMG]
Old 11-11-2002
Registered!!

that was pretty retarded.
Old 11-11-2002
Registered!!

leadfoot78:

Chrysler has had aftermarket interest in turbo cars since the early 80s. You used to be able to buy just about any dodge/chrysler/plymouth with a 2.2 or 2.5 turbo engine later on in the 80s. They're definately not the little kid running after the stick, but the evil black dragon who has been asleep in his cave since about 1992.

Please tell me what you think dodge should do instead of make performance cars once again?

Nissan has a market over here in the US? Besides the occcasional sentra or 240 with a turbo swap, you don't see too many nissans at all.

You talk about reliability and recalls, and then mention mitsubishi! [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

Probably 3/4 of the honda aftermarket is altezza taillights and chrome intake pipes for base model civics, that isin't even a decade old trend. Does honda even offer factory aftermarket stuff besides the super expensive mugen stuff?

Your hatchback will beat an SRT-4 huh? Have a cookie.

Well that's all the time i have, i have to go change another headgasket now.
Old 11-11-2002
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Well, It's gonna be fast, but I think they ought to just add $1000 and give it Limited Slip.
I'd also want to know... How long will it work for?
Old 11-11-2002
Registered!!

PlatCruiser is an unknown quantity at this point
with all turbo charged cars the car will last as long as the onwer takes care of it. Turbo cars require extra attention and only the people who have no idea how to take care of them will break them. If you break it while racing it thats life, such as with all cars. Oh and for the crx, the SRT will have staged upgrades to keep smoking yer ***.....300hp 300tq coming straight out the factory stage 3 style [IMG]i/expressions/demon.gif[/IMG]
Old 11-11-2002
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: leadfoot78
S&it i don't think it's fast and I wouldn't buy one either. Once the recalls and problems start coming in on this trash people will change their mind. Dodge is going in the totally wrong direction, they want the aftermarket interest that Honda Mitsubishi and Nissan have but they want it too quick. It seams like Honda Mitsubishi and Nissan are throwing the stick and Dodge is the little kid running between them trying to grab it. The aftermarket interest Honda has was building for a decade now, starting with the 89 CRX when the b16 came out. It started in Japan and came to USA. I don't think Dodge will get on this bandwagon this way it takes time and they have to prove them selves. And 14.2 is not that fast once my hatchback is done ill blow the doors off this thing with zero boost. [IMG]i/expressions/demon.gif[/IMG][hr]
I notice you say once your hatchback is done. That means it's most likely modded and not stock. The Neon does it stock. That's something you can't say. Power from the factory is the best kind.
Also please don't use the ricer excuses like: just wait till I get my hatch done, it'll be fast. Talk about when it is done.

Old 11-11-2002
Registered!!

trevor is an unknown quantity at this point
No one would change my mind......maybee in a few years(after I get my tacoma)......I'd love to buy one.......under 20,000$$$.....14.2 stock.......you can make a new one look OK, sure not beautifull, but 14.2 STOCK. Thats what I'm talking about.....ahhhhh.....[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG]
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 11-11-2002
Registered!!

leadfoot78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Don't worry it will be done the engine is done alredy it's just waiting for the body. Some one said that most of the Honda after market support is mostly Altezza ligts well thats because there is lots of retards out there who don't know what they are doing i see lots of them here. All these people who want to make their Civic faster but they put 19 in rims ano it and 100pounds of audio. And joe dont call me a retard u don't know me. Some one said that Dodge is a dragon or some thing, well the Dodge neon r/t was alot like the 2000 SI but you dont see alot of those r/t on the road do u? well thats because it was a peace of crap like the rest except it was more expensive.
Old 11-11-2002
Registered!!

Did you even read my post? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

I basically said that chrysler hadn't made any turbo cars since 1992, now that they are again, big things are gonna happen.

For the record, R/Ts weren't junk, and they only made about 1/3 as many Neon R/Ts to Civic Sis. Hence why you see a lot less of them. I'll bet as many Civic Sis have been stolen as neon r/ts have been built!

Now, I want you to tell me EXACTLY what makes my neon (a 1998 DOHC 5 speed, just like an R/T ) a piece of junk (ALL neons are junk aren't they? ) and we'll see how ignorant you really are.
Old 11-11-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
PESTLNC is an unknown quantity at this point
Look how much aftermarket support the Focus has received after a few short years. The SRT-4 is even more appealing...why wouldn't they get even more support?

Hell, the 7th gen has been around for nearly three years, and all we can do for some serious gains are nitrous or an engine swap. Hardly, a huge aftermarket following, and you're saying Honda gets the most attention!

Quick Reply: Dodge Neon SRT-4 1/4 mile=14.2