General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Crazy parents...

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2002
I sure wish my car was newer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light
Crazy parents...

I just thought I'd share with you all my absolute dismay at what I saw friday. My friend and I had just pulled in the parking lot and were both just getting out of our cars... when some sophomore kid pulls up in an S2000. My buddy and I were both a little shocked coz thats not something you usually see in our parking lot. So he parks his car, gets out and I try to start a conversation with him. The kid is a total d*ck about it. His mom and dad bought it for him on his 16th birthday. And granted, my parents bought me my car, but its now an RWD convertible 'sports' car. Come on, this is the midwest where we get rain and snow all the time. Perfect choice for a car. So on top of all of that... he drives it to school. I'd buy a $500 beater to drive to school. How long do ya think it'll take for him to either A) wreck it or B) someone to vandalize it?
Old 11-02-2002
AR
e-married to daydreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AR will become famous soon enough
give it 6 months. 20 bucks
Old 11-02-2002
00 Hatchback Owner

Gryphin is an unknown quantity at this point
lol i bet you the first month something happens to it after EVERYONE sees it at school
Old 11-02-2002
Registered!!

macrossranma is an unknown quantity at this point
who cares, theres nothing wrong with ppl whos rich, or their parents
Old 11-02-2002
Registered!!

BumpinCivic2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: macrossranma
who cares, theres nothing wrong with ppl whos rich, or their parents[hr]
exactly.
Old 11-02-2002
Registered!!

RevHigh is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: white2K2EX
birthday. And granted, my parents bought me my car, but its now an RWD convertible 'sports' car[hr]
I guess it all depends...wealthier people buy their kids more expensive things. Your parents bought you a new Civic, his parents bought him an S2000, and some other kids parents gave them their 12 year old minivan. No big deal.

And about your other question, personally I hope no one does vandalize his S2000. I've had people ask questions about my car in parking lots before, and if I'm in a hurry, I'm probably not as friendly as I should be. I hope I wouldn't have to come back to find a baseball bat to my windshield.
Old 11-02-2002
Registered!!

Taffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant future
He'll probably wreck it in about a month[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/IMG]
Old 11-03-2002
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
if my parents were rich. i wouldnt mind driving s2000
Old 11-03-2002
Ike
Registered!!

Ike is an unknown quantity at this point
I had a neon... .... nuff said
Old 11-03-2002
Registered!!

01civicboi is an unknown quantity at this point
eh, I feel ya but I'd only be [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG] duh to jealousy and envy [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG]
Old 11-03-2002
I like ruining your threads.

NoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to all
i had to drive an 89 toyota cressida to HS. bleh.... kinda akward when everybody else drives BMW's, Mercedes, and Lexus's to school. (very rich neighborhood) but i had the last laugh though. Not many ppl know that the 88-91 (* not to sure on the years) were powered by the same engine as the 3rd gen supras [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] good ol 7M-GE rated at 200hp for the supra... and the last rwd car toyota made besides the supra. The looks on the kids faces when i smoke their bimmer with my beater, priceless....

edit: i just found out from one of my friends little bro's that 4 sophmores got 2002 M3's for their 1st car this year.... that disturbs me very deeply
Old 11-03-2002
Registered!!

nucks is an unknown quantity at this point
a guy at my school hes a junior.....mommy and daddy bought him a 95 supra se, dropped a jdm jza80 motor into it, twin turbos, veilside kit, custom paint and custom interior......god i love that car
Old 11-03-2002
Registered!!

manixc is an unknown quantity at this point
good for him
Old 11-03-2002
Registered!!

NickDaMans02Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Well I know kids like that and if he is a [IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG] to people then something may happen, but chances are he will probably wreck it like most rich kids who were given cars. But yeah I wouldn't say no if my parents gave me a car

Nick
Old 11-03-2002
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Boosted2k2 should not be trustedBoosted2k2 should not be trusted
Ok... so the kid is spoiled. If your parents offered to buy you a car like an S2000... are you gonna pass it up? I know I sure as hell wouldn't. The only time spoiled kids suck is when they are cocky about it.
Old 11-03-2002
Registered!!

BlueFlame is an unknown quantity at this point
Buying your kid a high-end sports car like an S2000 or an M3 doesn't make any sense to me at all. I mean, especially since, according to the insurance companies, most accidents occur by drivers between 18-25. COllege student age, basically. So that's not a very smart thing to do at all. If you want to get them an expensive car, get something a little less dangerous. Just my opinion. But then, I'm a poor boy. I'm still paying for my $15K civic, and will be for another 3 years.

It must suck to be rich ...
Old 11-03-2002
Registered!!

Location: San Diego, California, USA, Northern Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Spiral arm of the Milkey Way
HondaGuru is an unknown quantity at this point
give me 20 bucks and the location of it and ill make sure its striped before he gets out of class. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 11-03-2002
Eee Tee Too (Ess DoubleU)
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Strebor is an unknown quantity at this point
Shut up. I had to ride a bus to school. Be glad your parents bought you a car.
Old 11-03-2002
Registered!!

SoNiCcIvIc is an unknown quantity at this point
If his parents can afford it then good for him. Maybe he's a straight A student? Either way, his parents can afford it - and if you were 16 with parents with that kind of money, who would REALLY turn down the opportunity to have a 32k car? If he wrecks it, hell they probably have enough cash to buy him another one! And WHY NOT?! He's fortunate... and if he's an only child, how can you argue? [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] If he's an *** then his car is a noticable target so he gets what he gives.
Old 11-03-2002
7thgen guh chee

JohnnyLee is an unknown quantity at this point
Not fair at all
Old 11-03-2002
Registered!!

Ducatti is an unknown quantity at this point
Quit bijching, some people have more money than others, don't hate on him just because of that...are you saying you wouldn't take an S2000 if it was offered to you? If you dont like how some people have that much money than go live in a communist state
Old 11-03-2002
Registered!!

FutuRisticCiViC is an unknown quantity at this point
i know what ur talking about white2k2ex.

if hes a cool guy, then i wouldnt mind him driving an s2000 because real cool kids dont brag about what they have. However, if its the other way around, GOD do i hate kids who brag about their cars blah blah blah acting like they are fvcking cool and shiet. but the real deal is that their parents gave it to them and they never dropped a cent towards that car. FVCk do i hate those "hey mommy can u buy me a rsx", those very stucked up, egocentric, self centered, aholes, imbecile, jack@ss morons kind of kids depending on their parents and cant even provide for their own [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]. i can't wait for their parents to be gone so they can starve theirselves and die !!!!

in some point jealousy comes to play, but it doesnt matter, like ive said, i can't wait for those fvckros to live w/o their parents and lets see whos gonna be better, a kid who got mommy and daddy supported their lazy a$s or a kid who does everything independently to provide for himself. OF course thats a no brainer.

if hes cool kid, then be happy for dat guy and try to be friends, maybe u can test drive it.
if hes a jack@ss, just wait a few more years till dat kid starve to death when hes by himself OR u can destroy his car now !!! [IMG]i/expressions/demon.gif[/IMG]

bwuahahahahhaha !!!!! [IMG]i/expressions/demon.gif[/IMG]

Old 11-03-2002
I sure wish my car was newer

white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light
[hr]Originally posted by: Ducatti
Quit bijching, some people have more money than others, don't hate on him just because of that...are you saying you wouldn't take an S2000 if it was offered to you? If you dont like how some people have that much money than go live in a communist state [hr]
Just to clear things up, I'm not criticizing the kid for having the car. I don't like that he's a d*ick about it, and yes... I would take it if offered to me. The point of this is, that considering where we live, where its driven to daily, I'm very suprised the parents bought him that car as opposed to a 3 series bimmer or something like that. I'm happy for the kid. BTW - his sister got a beat up 94 wrangler coz she doesn't help out on the family farm as much. Seems a little odd to me.

And I never said I was unhappy that he has that kind of money, its how the money was used that doesn't make sense to me.
Old 11-03-2002
Registered!!

Shawn02 is an unknown quantity at this point
I hear you, believe me. I also went to a school like that. Many many bmw's, lexus, land/range rovers and all that.....you're right, it really doesn't make alot of sense to choose that particular car, its more of a specialty car, when a 3series or acura would be a better commuter car. Or maybe he chose that car, who knows....i hate it when ppl are a-hole about stuff like that. There is no reason, its not even their money, its mom and dads. Even though my dad bought my civic for me, i still appreciate ppl who pay for it on their own, my gf does that, and i help her out with it.
Old 11-03-2002
Registered!!

VTEC01EX is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm glad I had an older car when I was in HS. I didn't worry about it, and I learned a hell of a lot about cars by working on it.
Old 11-03-2002
Registered!!

WhopSi is an unknown quantity at this point
Good for him!! why be jealous? tell him congrats, from Mike!!
Old 11-03-2002
Registered!!

XoULaBeAT is an unknown quantity at this point
wow 16th birthday? lucky. but if he ever gets into an accident(totaled car), it's surely that he will not get a car below.. the quality of s2k am i correct on that? dang.. kinda spoiled.. but if u got the money.. oh well..
Old 11-03-2002
Registered!!

alamshahid is an unknown quantity at this point
I had to buy my cars....even though I'm a full time student....

Old 11-03-2002
Registered!!

Snowman is an unknown quantity at this point
A lot of things in life aren't fair. This is one of them. But it's not your money, it's the parents money. If they want to buy their son a new car, that's their problem.

Just thinking about it or worrying about it is useless. That's what the kid wants so just ignore him and be on your way.
Old 11-04-2002
Registered!!

Toca is an unknown quantity at this point
Don't hate... I understand your anger but who gets more pusy? You Or him?? That all that matters[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Crazy parents...