General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Civic Type R's in U.S

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vtechin is an unknown quantity at this point
Civic Type R's in U.S

I went to Hondatuningmagazine.com today and saw something pretty interesting there. It said that we could get civic typeR's here in the states next spring. has anyone else heard this from another source? it would be really sweet if it happened. I think I would camp outside the dealer to buy one. Be the first in miltown in a Civic TypeR.Helllllll YYYeeaaaaahhhhhh.Type R
Old 10-18-2002
Registered!!

Silver2k1Dood is an unknown quantity at this point
MMMMMMMMMH...Type-R Mini-Odysseys...MMMMMMHPHH...still ugly and van-like[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG]

I'd MUCH RATHER see the ITR come to America--now that would be a cool little Honda...err...Acura to own!
Old 10-18-2002
Registered!!

JMan50 is an unknown quantity at this point
Linked
Old 10-18-2002
Registered!!

vtechin is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree that they are kind of homely. But if you are the racing against me and I stomp you with the homely civic didn't you still get stomped?Type R
Old 10-18-2002
an0therpin0y

HCCriminal is an unknown quantity at this point

interesting .. a type r coupe ? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG] i thougth type r's only come in hb? for the new civics! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 10-18-2002
Registered!!

Silver2k1Dood is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: vtechin
I agree that they are kind of homely. But if you are the racing against me and I stomp you with the homely civic didn't you still get stomped?Type R[hr]
Yes but it would still be butt-ugly...they should be paying people to drive those things...then MAYBE I'd drive one.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]
Old 10-18-2002
Registered!!

TYPE7RS is an unknown quantity at this point
it would be nice if they built and imported the CRX2 as well
Old 10-18-2002
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
From what I've read (in other magazines) is that they're just going to drop a K20A2 into the existing Si. It isn't going to be full blown with the suspension and the rest of the CTR goodies. It's just because the 160 HP is getting blown away by the SVT Focus, GTi, Celica GTS, etc.... and it needs more power. But in Motor Trend, Acura is quoted as saying they don't care if the Si gets the Type S motor, they think they'll still sell plenty of RSX-Ss even if it costs more for the RSX with the same amount of power. I say, make it a 200 HP Si, and put the ITR in the US lineup.
Old 10-18-2002
Registered!!

NeoMagus is an unknown quantity at this point
Old 10-18-2002
Registered!!

WorldsSlowestEm2 will become famous soon enough
Ugly or not, i think id still drive one but i wouldnt go out of my way to get one
Old 10-18-2002
Registered!!

sevenincubus is an unknown quantity at this point
the coupe in the picture is not a type r. its a u.s. civic with a suspension package. all the others are from japan

Old 10-18-2002
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

EManEX will become famous soon enoughEManEX will become famous soon enough
[hr]Originally posted by: Boilermaker1
... the 160 HP is getting blown away by the SVT Focus, GTi, Celica GTS, etc.... .[hr]

I believe that a "Type-R" or like Boilermaker1 stated just put a 200 HP engine on the car will become a reality for two reason: 1.) as Boiler maker stated. "...the 160 HP is getting blown away by the SVT Focus, GTi, Celica GTS, etc...". 2.) the introductions of new cars in the same class with more hp; for example the return of the Z24 Cavalier or a SS Cavalier both with about 200 HP or 220HP like the one at NOPI. Also Dodge/Chrysler (can't remmember which one) wants to introduce a 180 or more HP car for less than $20,000. IF you ask me the 2002 SI was reallly a disapointmet. Honda will needs to do something to keeps their customers and with the competition bringing out High HP cars honda would have to respond with a better engine for the SI or the Type-R

Old 10-18-2002
Registered!!

hjteq is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree with E MAN because personally first honda I buy last honda I buy... I won't keep a car long enough to test its reliability anyway... Civic SI really disappointing even with hondas being so tune friendly.
Old 10-18-2002
Registered!!

iloverice is an unknown quantity at this point
hey "vtechin" yeah thats a great idea and all... but too bad theres already a civic type r in milwaukee. Its in grafton. i know the kid, its a sweet car.
Old 10-18-2002
Registered!!

KeeblaElf is an unknown quantity at this point
Ya, the SI was a dissapointment, but it really wasn't marketed either...I think Honda was putting it out more as a teaser for the new 6-speed Accord Coupe, so people wouldn't be so surprised with the direction Honda's are headed...Ya, a Type-R would be nice here, but they wouldn't sell with the RSX and the new Accord Coupe...that's why the SI didn't sell...it was too comparable to the RSX, and the design wasn't great...