General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Warning: Wheelmax.com

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bickford is an unknown quantity at this point
Warning: Wheelmax.com

Last month i ordered some 17' Racing Hart CP-8's from wheelmax.com. They had a better price than anywhere else i could find so i bought from them. The rims came quickley and they were in good condition. The first problem was the lug nuts they came with were really cheep. The crome finish was already comming off when i took them out of the box. I also never recieved a "free tee-shirt and sticker" I diddent have time to get other lug nuts, so i put them on. every time i would hit 65, the car would start to wobble. So i broght the rims to a local shop. Wheel max had "balanced" them, but they were all AT LEAST 1oz off. I called wheelmax and they said they would not refund me the 60$ that i payed them for mounting and balancing. Then today i started to take off all the lugs(i got new ones) and i noticed that the bolts were really corroded. I always tighten them with a torque wrench so i was possitive that they were all the same, but one seemed extra tight. so i really pulled on it, and the bolt SNAPED. now one bolt on my front left is half as long.

so i would strongly reccomend that no one order anything from wheelmax.com

p.s. does anyone know if just the bolt can be replaced, or do i need like a new axel or something?
Old 09-22-2002
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
my friend had problem with them also. cause he ordered hyperblack rims paying 100 bucks more but they sent silver..
Old 09-22-2002
I sure wish my car was newer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light
Dang. I was about ready to order from them too. Two questions for anyone else reading this... Has anyone else had trouble with wheelmax.com and where else are there good prices on Racing Harts? BTW - Good luck with your rims.
Old 09-22-2002
Registered!!

leadfoot78 is an unknown quantity at this point
It's a stud and they are very cheap, my bro had all the front ones on his CRX replaced for free at Brake Masters. You will have to take off the brake rotors. Also i'm not sure if its a floating assembly or a fixed one I think it makes a difference.
Old 09-22-2002
Registered!!

bickford is an unknown quantity at this point
ok thanks for you help
Old 09-22-2002
Registered!!

slam2k1civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Cbwheels.com does not charge for mount balance. So next time try them out.
Old 09-22-2002
Registered!!

ShadyMilkMan is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah wheelmax is pritty gay i orderd some rims and peid the extra 100 bucks for hyperblacks but i got silvers and i called and they wouldent refund my money because i didnt call within 1 day of reciving them or some bs. You should file a complaint with the BBB.
Old 09-22-2002
Registered!!

Nuts is an unknown quantity at this point
whalen tire is the best place to order wheels and tired from. great deals and service. wheelmax sux[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG]