General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

This Civic driver - not in the demographic

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2002
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
This Civic driver - not in the demographic

I was on my way to the golf course this afternoon, driving down a relatively empty stretch of 4 lane road. I was coming up to a stoplight where I saw what looked like an opportunity to have a fair fight... A red 7th gen LX coupe (spoiler and factory alloy equiped). So I slow down (the light's still red), and by the time I got there it had gone green, I made it up along side this car to find not a younger driver, but an old lady, probably 70 or so hunched over the steering wheel. Kinda upset (fair challenges like this don't come along too often) I just drove off and went to the course. I didn't think really old people would be buying civics, they just seem to small (I'm used to seeing them in Cadillacs, Lincolns and the like), especially with all the sporty options on them, but hey, to each their own....
Old 08-25-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kenji4861 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yea, I know what you mean. I sometime see the exact same blue civic sedan as mine and I wanna compete, then it turns out to be some old lady. It's all good. Civic's the best car in the pricerange.
Old 08-25-2002
ak
Retired Mod

ak can only hope to improve
I see a lot of girls driving 7th Gen Civics. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]

No challenge.
Old 08-25-2002
Registered!!

silverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of light
Maybe she wanted a car where she could actually see over the steering wheel.
Old 08-25-2002
ak
Retired Mod

ak can only hope to improve
[hr]Originally posted by: silverdevil
Maybe she wanted a car where she could actually see over the steering wheel. [hr]
That's another thing i don't like about the 2k1 and 2k2 Civic LX.... no adjustable seat height. And while i'm at it, no tilt-able (??) headrest...

Thankfully they fixed this for 2k3. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 08-25-2002
Registered!!

philliesblunt420 is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: Boilermaker1 I didn't think really old people would be buying civics, they just seem to small (I'm used to seeing them in Caddilacs, Lincolns and the like), especially with all the sporty options on them, but hey, to each their own....[hr]

"Caddilacs"
[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] j/p man I hear ya......
Old 08-25-2002
Registered!!

816CvC is an unknown quantity at this point
i've seen two guys in their mid to late 40's with the sport options on their civics. alteezas and projectors. disappointed me as well.
Old 08-25-2002
Jap-Euro Fusion

Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
[QUOTE]Quote
[hr]Originally posted by: philliesblunt420
[hr][i]"Caddilacs"
[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] j/p man I hear ya......[hr]
I'm never gonna drive one, so it doesn't really matter to me how it's spelled [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 08-25-2002
Registered!!

ricerocket is an unknown quantity at this point
see that all the time..2 old ladies have it on my block...but forsome reason they like it fully loaded...one of them even got leather seats...
Old 08-25-2002
that little dude

slick will become famous soon enoughslick will become famous soon enough
maybe the car wasn't hers? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

after i bought the civic, i had to take it back to the dealer to get the tint and spoiler installed, but i had school, so i tool my dads car, and he took the civic in for me. he's 59, so i bet he looked funny driving around in my car, especially since he drives with the seat upright, and close to the steering wheel.
but maybe it was her vic, some old folks dont have the money for cadillac's and lincoln's.
Old 08-25-2002
Registered!!

LikeWEEEEEEEEEE is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: ak
I see a lot of girls driving 7th Gen Civics. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]

No challenge.[hr]
not just 7th gens but a lot of brand new already riced out imports. these two girls in a tinted golf (kinda defeats the purpose of tints if you can see inside the car) were riding my bumper when i was doing 30 mph in guess what? a 30 mph zone. they then floored it when the road split 2 lanes. i caught up so quickly after giving a second head start, i was laughing. not many a female drives stick...[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]
Old 08-26-2002
Registered!!

InanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enoughInanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enough
I'd say that about 80% of the Civics around here are older people who just want a quality reliable car.
Old 08-26-2002
Registered!!

RevHigh is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: 816CvC
i've seen two guys in their mid to late 40's with the sport options on their civics. alteezas and projectors. disappointed me as well.[hr]
I hope they were driving their kids cars....
Old 08-26-2002
Registered!!

hondamexicano is an unknown quantity at this point
Funny as it sounds but people who buy Civics in Mexico are completely different than in the US, especially for the coupe, here most people who buy coupes are older people over 30 and a lot of women.

Years ago... I had a 91 Golf GTI, the famous A2 golf (and in my opinion the best looking GTI ever), and my father had to borrow the car a lot. The funny thing is he was a sensation in the office and a lot of people asked him about the car. I thought he looked so funny driving a kid´s car...

Anyway, for an older person (especially ladies) the civic is quite a good car, gives great gas mileage, is trouble free, small enough to move around town without hassle... and has a young spirit.
Old 08-26-2002
Jap-Euro Fusion

"...and has a young spirit."

The same reason you see my mom crusing around town in a Jetta (gosh I wish it was turbo [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG] )
Old 08-26-2002
Registered!!

QCKSILVR is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: InanimateCarbonRod
I'd say that about 80% of the Civics around here are older people who just want a quality reliable car.[hr]
I would bet that that's the "target audience" that Honda directs the Civic to. I purchased my vehicle to have a quality reliable car...not to do "mods" as I have no interest in them what so ever.
Old 08-26-2002
Registered!!

Briareos is an unknown quantity at this point
There is an old lady here in Houston, that drives a ford festiva with a huge aftermarket spoiler on it... I pulled up on her last week thinking I was about to make another ford driver cry, but drove away feeling somewhat dissapointed.
Old 08-26-2002
Registered!!

dragoon is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: ak

No challenge.[hr]
man, i see a lot of hot ones drivin em, especially red coupes. DAMN!