General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

GROUP BUY: Rota Slipstreams (Rims)

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aZnVoYCe has a spectacular aura aboutaZnVoYCe has a spectacular aura about
GROUP BUY: Rota Slipstreams (Rims)

Hey! Sorry for posting it here but I just wanted to let people know about the great deal on this group buy! Click here to check out the group buy!
Old 08-09-2002
Registered!!

ASWZero is an unknown quantity at this point
what is the offset on those?
Old 08-09-2002
Ultimate OG Member

TopFuel will become famous soon enough
most of the time the groupbuys can get any offset. rotas look clean also.
Old 08-09-2002

WD40 is an unknown quantity at this point
I've been thinking about getting Slipstreams because of their light weight. I've also been thinking of getting some 17" gunmetal Tenzo AV-7's because I think they look really nice. My question is this: Are lightweight wheels really going to make -that- much of a difference with acceleration?

Basically I'm trying to balance form vs. function. If light wheels aren't going to do a whole lot, then I'd prefer the looks of the AV-7's.
Old 08-09-2002
Registered!!

aZnVoYCe has a spectacular aura aboutaZnVoYCe has a spectacular aura about
WD40, check back at the group buy thread.
Old 08-10-2002
Registered!!

htowncivicEX is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: WD40
I've been thinking about getting Slipstreams because of their light weight. I've also been thinking of getting some 17" gunmetal Tenzo AV-7's because I think they look really nice. My question is this: Are lightweight wheels really going to make -that- much of a difference with acceleration?

Basically I'm trying to balance form vs. function. If light wheels aren't going to do a whole lot, then I'd prefer the looks of the AV-7's.[hr]
Yeah an extra 4-5 lbs. on each wheel can mean a big difference in acceleration. The difference is compounded because the wheel is rotating (unsprung) weight.

Old 08-10-2002
Registered!!

O1Coupe is an unknown quantity at this point

Basically I'm trying to balance form vs. function. If light wheels aren't going to do a whole lot, then I'd prefer the looks of the AV-7's.[hr]
Dude.. as an owner of a set of 17" Motegi MR7 Gunmetals... they make more difference than CAI and exhaust combined. No joking.

Before my automatic LX coupe could take on a 99 EX coupe automatic (115HP vs 127HP, but with more torque for the 7th Gen).. I would actually win, by 2 bumpers. Now I get licked hard. By like.. 4 car LEGNTHS now. I get licked so hard, that I can't even beat my own winter beater with it (a 100HP '91 Corolla, with 3-speed auto).

If you care about acceleration.. get slipstreams. I don't care about speed, thats why I got the 17's.. but I had no idea it would slow me down so much!!
Old 08-10-2002

WD40 is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: O1Coupe

Dude.. as an owner of a set of 17" Motegi MR7 Gunmetals... they make more difference than CAI and exhaust combined. No joking.

Before my automatic LX coupe could take on a 99 EX coupe automatic (115HP vs 127HP, but with more torque for the 7th Gen).. I would actually win, by 2 bumpers. Now I get licked hard. By like.. 4 car LEGNTHS now. I get licked so hard, that I can't even beat my own winter beater with it (a 100HP '91 Corolla, with 3-speed auto).

If you care about acceleration.. get slipstreams. I don't care about speed, thats why I got the 17's.. but I had no idea it would slow me down so much!![hr]
Wow... thanks for the input, that's exactly what I was looking for.