General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

What, Ford? Are you kidding me?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2002

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
liquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trusted
does nobody remember the whole news thing about the crown victoria? if you slam into the back of a crown vic at like 50 mph it blows up. there were something like 10 cop car accidents that killed i think 7 cops. all i can say is that if i had to walk 1000 miles in the blazing heat or ride in a crown vic, i'd take a nice long walk.

the focus is a damn ugly car IMO and it looks like a lot of other people think so as well.

i never did like the mustang, maybe it's a personal thing about never meeting a mustang owner who wasn't a stuck up snobby rich teenager....

the taurus is a freaking boat. my friend's mom drives one, and when i rode in it, whenever we stopped, the car rocked back and forth for at least 10 seconds. i was getting sea sick in the back seat of a car.

can't say i have any bad experiances with the f series truck or the windstar, they look like a couple of pretty good vehicles. and the explorer and expedition look like they're a couple of nice suv's, espically the new expedition. the only thing i don't like about the excursion is how extreamly oversized they are. i have yet to see somebody that drives one of those and is able to notice me in my little civic sitting right next to them.

personally, i don't hate all fords, only the ugly ones and the ones that turn into giant deadly fires. if i were in the market for an suv or a truck, i would concider a ford, but as far as cars go, i don't have any desire for them.
Old 07-29-2002
Registered!!

O1Coupe is an unknown quantity at this point
Wait, isn't that freakin list about initial appeal anyway? I don't see anywhere on it about reliablity & durability.
Old 07-29-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
PESTLNC is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: liquidblue
does nobody remember the whole news thing about the crown victoria? if you slam into the back of a crown vic at like 50 mph it blows up. there were something like 10 cop car accidents that killed i think 7 cops. all i can say is that if i had to walk 1000 miles in the blazing heat or ride in a crown vic, i'd take a nice long walk.[hr]
from crownvic.net:

The lowest speed I heard CNN cite for a rear-end collision where a CV caught fire was 70 mph, and that was caused by a semi.

The only civilian incident I heard them cite was an ex-police P71, full of Alabama teenagers, running off the road, down an embankment and backing into a tree. Knowing how they drive in 'Bama, it was probably over 70 mph.

I think CNN is guilty of the worst kind of journalistic (and I use that term loosely) sensationalism. Every incident they reported was an example of the most extreme case. They even went back 21 years to find a case of a box-bodied LTD that caught fire in a rear end collision.

CNN even found fault with Ford because the doors might not open after a collision. There's an effing suprise. Remember about 35 years ago when doors opened too easily, and what a stink that caused?

No car can be engineered to withstand a 70mph rear end collision. A 5-star rating is given to cars that keep the driver alive after a 35mph rear ender. I'd like to see a Civic not blow up after being hit from behind at 70+mph. Hell, even if it didn't blow up the driver would be dead anyway...
Old 07-29-2002
Registered!!

LikeWEEEEEEEEEE is an unknown quantity at this point
why do all ricers hate ford? cause ford ownz them...have you ever owned a ford? i had an '84 5.0 gt. thing was insane. roasting the tires without dropping the clutch (normal takeoff) makes for easy drifting. not only that but for a car thats 2 years younger than i was it still ran ok considering i beat the crap out of it.

it was too loud though. even if a honda had the cat and muffler removed the stang would drown it out. sounded so loud in the cabin at WOT that i think it damaged my hearing.
Old 07-29-2002
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: 02CelicaGT-S
1. Ford Mustang GT and Cobra
2. Ford Taurus
3. Ford Crown Victoria
4. Ford Explorer
5. Ford Expedition
6. Ford Excursion
7. Ford Winstar
8. Ford GT40.

Is that enough...because I could also go into Lincoln, Mercury and Aston Martin if you want me to. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/IMG][hr]
geez whats the $ running on an actual gt40. those things are insanely fast...i.e. could destroy a hennesy viper.

Old 07-29-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mattskav is an unknown quantity at this point
they can thank the f series, focus, and taurii, huge, huge sellers...
Old 07-29-2002
Registered!!

solar is an unknown quantity at this point
WOW! This post reminds me of when I was in elementary school,"My Dad can beat up your Dad", this subject is old and tired. Fun to read but very very tired.
Old 07-29-2002
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: 2k2civicballer
[hr]Originally posted by: drbombay
people really like their ford trucks[hr]
lol.....thats about all they have to offer. everything else is crap[hr]
well all i can say is at least most fords dont look like they got attacked by the vinyl monster. [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 07-29-2002
Proud Protaganistic Propagandist

MisterTinkerTrain should not be trustedMisterTinkerTrain should not be trustedMisterTinkerTrain should not be trustedMisterTinkerTrain should not be trustedMisterTinkerTrain should not be trusted
Actually aston martin is owned by the ford corporation. As well as Land Rover. I learned this recently when I drove by the new ford headquearters for R&D in Irvine California. =) There are more but those stood out.

Owned by ford, lead by different design people.
Old 07-30-2002
Registered!!

htowncivicEX is an unknown quantity at this point

Old 07-30-2002
Registered!!

Jandree22 is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: Mbow
Seems like more f150 trucks have been sold than any other vehicle world wide.[hr]
hmm, wouldn't that prize go to the Corolla? correct me if i'm wrong.... i def wouldn't disagree with ya though if you said it was the best selling truck world wide. I dunno, maybe I'm wrong [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

If I get any domestic it'd be a GM. I don't peticularly have much of anything against Ford, it's just that Dad's the service manager at a GM dealer and well, lets just say I had a $700 clutch job done for like $300 So if it wasn't for the fact that I get hookups in the shop, I'd def consider a Ford. Dodge, however, well I dont think I'm gonna stoop that low, hehehe
Old 07-30-2002
Registered!!

Aaron4UVA is an unknown quantity at this point
How old is the listing? What the hell is the 300ZX doing on there, it's not even called that anymore. It's a bad-*** car, just wondering why it's on the list. And Ford's are awesome. My favorites are the Mustang and the new Expedition. I'd do anything for a new Mustang GT convertible......drool......
Old 07-30-2002
Registered!!

LOWBOY is an unknown quantity at this point
I think they are talking about the new Z, though I might be wrong.