General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

ATTN EVERYONE: Help bring the Type Rs to the States!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vino is an unknown quantity at this point
3395[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 08-16-2002
Registered!!

2k2civicRAY is an unknown quantity at this point
Old 08-18-2002
Registered!!

Mitch is an unknown quantity at this point
Old 08-19-2002
Registered!!

elementliquidx is an unknown quantity at this point
3419 hmm... i wonder if they'll really bring it over... how much would retail be for it?
Old 08-19-2002
Registered!!

SoNiCcIvIc is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: elementliquidx
3419 hmm... i wonder if they'll really bring it over... how much would retail be for it?[hr]
Two to three thousand more than the Type S which is approximately $26,000-$27,000. That's for the RSX. The CTR... not so sure. Probably the price of the Type S but I wouldn't know for sure.
Old 08-23-2002
Registered!!

bottlefed is an unknown quantity at this point
3428. like it will ever happen anyway[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/IMG]
Old 08-24-2002
Registered!!

Ah, you gotta be positive when things don't look bright... you can always cry later and forget it if things don't go your way in the end.
Old 08-24-2002
Registered!!

i'm not crying, i'm just telling the truth. it will never happen. even if they did in a far away future it wouldn't be the same a Japan type R or a european type r. it will be slower. just like the lancer evo. the US version is like almost 20 hp slower than the real evo. the US market will always be below the foreign when it comes to there exports and our imports top cars
Old 08-24-2002
Registered!!

Xtreme is an unknown quantity at this point
dont mean to take the p1s$.. but i feel sorry 4 all u guys in the US......coz i can tell u the civic-r is just brilliant..........took delivery of my brand new black civic type-r a couple of weeks ago and it is just crazy.lovin every minute of it...........by the way im in the UK
Old 08-24-2002
Registered!!

anyway dont know why u all cryin over the civic not bein available in the US. man u got the integra-r yo.......man if i had the choice, i'll choose the integra.......pity it aint available over here
Old 08-24-2002
You boost, I-VTEC
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the rough
i dont know what took me so long to sign this thing.

Old 08-25-2002
Registered!!

jsmove is an unknown quantity at this point
I signed #3434
Old 08-26-2002
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: Xtreme
anyway dont know why u all cryin over the civic not bein available in the US. man u got the integra-r yo.......man if i had the choice, i'll choose the integra.......pity it aint available over here[hr]
It's a pity alright. Now that I think of it... I don't know any other country that DOES have a genuine Integra Type R. There's Japan and Australia but the Aussie Spec Rs have the K20A2 engine in them... same as the Type S. Inside and out, it looks like a Type R (from the exception of the suspension height... which raises a question about the suspension itself.) I heard they're getting a limited edition Type R which is going to be the real Type R. The limited edition Type R in Japan is the Type Rx and I'm guessing that's what it'll be called in Australia.

Oh, and Honda is gonna need a Type R over here IMO when cars like the EVO 7 and STi (if it comes here) gets here.
Old 08-26-2002
Registered!!

he was talking about the old integra R that we have in the US. your talking about the RSX which is a integra over seas. but the old type R integra is still nothing to brag about having in our country.
Old 08-26-2002
Registered!!

never mind type r's. i can't stand the pusification of this country's cars. the US i'm talking about. over in europe the euro accords are sweet looking and they have the euro R. i seen in a magazine today a spy pic of the new euro accord and it looks so sporty and type R ish. compared to our new ugly new accord coming out. they design america's cars longer, bigger, more like a FAMILY car for the F-ing American family and slower, well Funk the family shiet. Stop making the pusified versions of some sweet cars that they make over in Japan and europe. what about the people who want sporty looking and fast import cars for i small price tag like the civic and the accord. nissan did the right thing when they came out with the new Altima and they are selling like hot cakes. put a little speed in the Honda's rides and they will sell twice as much.
just dropping my 2 cents...bottlefed
Old 08-27-2002
Registered!!

I like the Accord Type R. Performance-wise, I dunno how you can compare the new V6 Accord with the Accord Type R. The Accord Type R has a ported and polished H22A engine that produced 205HP with a 5-speed manual. The new Accord EX comes with a V6 K-series motor (I'm guessing it's a K block) that produces 240HP guided with a 6-speed manual transmission. Pussified? If that car even compares to ANY of Acura's Type S models (excluding the RSX), then the new Accord would be about as sweet as oral sex in an automobile. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]

It's not the best looking car (the new Accord that is). But with 240HP, it OWNZ every Honda in the U.S.!

However, I'd still take the R. Most likely it's got much better suspension and handling than any regular Accord as it's more suited for performance. On the appearance side... <STRONG>HANDS DOWN, BEST INTERIOR A HONDA COULD EVER HAVE.</STRONG> No other Honda beats the interior of the Accord Type R.
Old 08-27-2002
Registered!!

in the UK we have emission rules which only allow cars to have a certain power output( is it the same in the US?????) coz my civic type-r is only 197bhp but in Japan, the power output is 215bhp....the ironic thing is -the damn civic is built here in the UK then shipped over...........so im guessin the accord will have a smaller power output here in UK.....which is a bummer really
Old 08-27-2002
Registered!!

oh yeah.to BOTTLEFED.sorry man i was talkin bout the new integra, the one thats in SONICIVIC'S PICTURE..not the old one.
Old 08-27-2002
Registered!!

cranker is an unknown quantity at this point
signed 3442
Old 08-28-2002
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: Xtreme
in the UK we have emission rules which only allow cars to have a certain power output( is it the same in the US?????) coz my civic type-r is only 197bhp but in Japan, the power output is 215bhp....the ironic thing is -the damn civic is built here in the UK then shipped over...........so im guessin the accord will have a smaller power output here in UK.....which is a bummer really[hr]
Emission laws vary from state to state in the 50 states of the U.S.. California has the highest emission laws, and I think therefore every car that is produced in America must pass those emission standards to be 50 state legal.

The release of the DC2R (97-01 Integra Type R) in America had slightly less horsepower than the JDM Spec Rs. USDM DC2R = 195HP and JDM = 200. The 5 HP difference was superficial as both cars still ran no faster than 14.6 stock in the quarter mile.

The new JDM DC5R is at 220HP. When (or if) it's released in the states, it could come with slightly less.
Old 08-28-2002
Registered!!

wsking77 is an unknown quantity at this point
is there petition for bring skyline to the states? i really want one of those

btw i signed up #3443
Old 08-28-2002
Registered!!

you can get them in the states. go to skylinegtr.com or motorex.net
Old 08-28-2002
Registered!!

first of all SONIC the accord v6 only has 200 HP. and the euro R has more than 205

XTREME- you said..
[hr]anyway dont know why u all cryin over the civic not bein available in the US. man u got the integra-r yo...[hr]
we don't has a integra R in the US except the last model which they stoped making in 99. the new integra isn't a integra here. it's a acura RSX. we have no type R's for the rsx. we have a rsx type S but it's only 200 HP
Old 08-29-2002
Registered!!

Are you for reals? The NEW V6 Accord is only 200? I wasn't talking about the recent model.

EDIT: You're right, the Accord-R is only 212. 7HP difference isn't a lot. But VS. a *new* Accord V6, a 28 HP difference could prove different if not challenging to the Accord Type R.

EDIT 2: And if I'm wrong about the new V6 Accord, sorry. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]
Old 08-29-2002
Registered!!

We had DC2Rs for 4 years, 97, 98, 2000, and 2001. The 98 Type R proved to be the best. None were imported in 1999.
Old 08-29-2002
Registered!!

This was in reply for the Skyline petition but I just realized that there was a better reply to it.
Old 08-29-2002
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
3448... bring it.
Old 08-30-2002
Registered!!

i didn't know you were talking about the new v6. i made those statements about the pusification of our cars meaning the ones we have now and in the past. i mentioned the new accord coming out, (yes it has 240 hp) but, it looks like a$$. the back is ok but the front is [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG] .....my piont being that the new accord coming out in europe that i saw in a import tuner(i believe) is much better looking and more sportier than ours.
Old 08-30-2002
Registered!!

I bet the Euro Accord Type R is. European cars outclass American cars and perhaps that's one reason why Europe gets all the nice stuff? They get two Type Rs. There are a lot of people here who do like great performing imported cars but if you compare that # of people to the # of people who buy cars that are in the class of a Civic or Accord in the states, who would sell more? Looking at it like that makes it seem harder to get back the Type R or maybe the #s aren't that bad... ? Especially since I see a lot of BMWs on the road which are great handling cars.
Old 09-04-2002
Registered!!

criminal is an unknown quantity at this point
well think of this.....for the longest time america wouldnt allow full size import trucks into america becuz they would compete too much with the domestics but they let the tundra.......v8 4wd......and the competition seems to be fine so maybe theres room for some type rs or something

Quick Reply: ATTN EVERYONE: Help bring the Type Rs to the States!