General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

yet another GReddy EVO thread...YAAA!!!

Old 05-24-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NoBottleJustThrottle is an unknown quantity at this point
yet another GReddy EVO thread...YAAA!!!

ok, so with the ultimate upset that HKS is not making its Cat-back for its Hiper exhaust on our cars, im in the market for another system. I have done lots of reading on all the hot items: DC TCS, Magnaflow, and GReddy EVO. I'm leaning towards the EVO, simply because 1) i can get a deal on it, 2) everyone is telling me that its a great set-up, and to get that one. I have a few concerns though as well. From what ive been reading, the EVO is LOUD!! I dont want an exhaust that is gonna wake up every cop for miles around when i get on the throttle. I like to drive my car hard, that means red-lines a lot of the time. But i wont be able to do that with a super loud exhaust, thats a bad thing. Is it really all that loud? I want a deep sounding exhaust, with a good brand name. I want cat-back, and i dont care about price. Is the EVO the exhaust for me? Or should i consider my other options?
Old 05-24-2002
Registered!!

Silver2k1Dood is an unknown quantity at this point
Dude, all the exhausts you mentioned are nice...the EVO is the loudest, tho.

Other things to consider:

If your ride is slammed you will be dragging that nice EVO can all over the place[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]

If you really don't want a loud system, then EVO's not for you...sorry

Since you don't care about the price, if you get both the DC header and TCS exhaust, you get 12 HP+CARB exemption

Another nice exhaust to consider: Skunk2
Old 05-24-2002
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point

<< Since you don't care about the price, if you get both the DC header and TCS exhaust, you get 12 HP+CARB exemption

Another nice exhaust to consider: Skunk2
>>

12hp...ROF [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

If you want something quiet I'd go with the magnaflow. The quality isn't as good as the other systems. Its pipes don't bolt together with flanges which is its only negative aspect imo. It is fairly quiet with a nice low rumble. I have the magnaflow system myself. If I could do it all over again, I'd go with the skunk2 just becuase I like the looks of tha itty bitty muffler.

I don't think the tcs system matches the others in performance. I really don't know that for sure, just my opinion.

I'd go for the skunk2 hands down.
Old 05-24-2002
Registered!!

i thought that the Skunk2 was just as loud though as the EVO!?! Im not looking for something that is gonna be super quiet, i still wanna hear it, i just dont want "everyone and their mothers" to hear it, you know? Plus, on the Skunk2, doesnt that come with likea silencer or something like that, i dont understand all that mumbo jumbo, i just want a basic exhaust, with a nice, smooth, low rumble, to harminize nicely with my CAI, and for it to draw attention with its beautiful looks, and beautiful sound, but yet, still keep its composure when the cops are out and about lookin for all the "ricers" in town to bust. What i really wanted was the HKS Hiper Cat-Back (::mumbling:: stupid HKS, cant put a stupid little cat-back system on the market...). The other thing is that HKS does have the rear section, and the universal Hiper Exhaust out. I dont want a universal, because something that someone with a mustang can put on their car...isnt worth the time. But what about the rear section? If i get custom pipes, will i still get that great HKS sound, and power? Or am i just better off with a full cat-back for optimal performance?
Old 05-24-2002
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
All the systems are pretty much the same if they have mandral bends and are straight through designs. The magnaflow isn't super quiet. You will know it's there, just not like some of those you hear a mile away. It's pretty low and moderate in sound. It has the perfect amount of sound to make the car feels so nice when you are driving a long and shifting. Not too much, not too little. I don't how loud it gets as it's hard to hear much over the cai. Personally, I would get a cat-back system over any custom piping stick a muffler on type job. The skunk has a removable silencer to my knowledge. Several members have said that the tcs is quiet and it goes without saying that dc's parts are of top quality. However, the system looks like it was designed for looks and sound not performance. I think it still comes down to looks. I don't think any system is that loud when you are just driving around. A lot of them are quite annoying at wot though.
Old 05-24-2002
Registered!!

first of all, you have been really helpful, and i thankyou very much.
I just looked at a picture of the Skunk2, and it looks really really nice. Im still unsure about how loud that is in comparison to the EVO, TCS, and Magnaflow. Plus, whats with this silencer business? Is it like a cap or something that you put over/in the tip to reduce the noise comming out? How rediculous does that look? How much of a difference in volume would that really make?
Sorry about all the questions, i just want the best looks, with the best sound, with the best performance. If you know the answers to those questions, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again
Old 05-24-2002
Registered!!

Edge is an unknown quantity at this point
Buy the Tanabe Hyper Medallion. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG]
Old 05-24-2002
Su Mo

RSXtypeIvtec is on a distinguished road
Nobottlejustthrottle.....where can you get a good deal on it??
just wondering?wanna know how good of a deal and where, cause im considering the Evo too!
thanks let me know
Old 05-24-2002
Registered!!

aferenz is an unknown quantity at this point
I haven't found out about the others yet, but the DC TCS is CARB legal. You can still keep your ULEV, and you don't have to take it off to get smogged. I think I'm getting a TCS, I plan on keeping my car a long time, and their stuff is good quality.
Old 05-24-2002
Registered!!

<< Nobottlejustthrottle.....where can you get a good deal on it??
just wondering?wanna know how good of a deal and where, cause im considering the Evo too!
thanks let me know
>>

I know a guy at the local performance shop. Hes a good friend of mine (maybe because i spend most of my **** life in there [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] ). Anyways, he always hooks me up. Im not sure if he would hook anyone else up like he does me. Sorry, good luck with the exhaust though
Old 05-24-2002
Registered!!

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!! IM BAKC IN THE GAME!!!
James from HKS Product Planning, just wrote a response to my thread on the HKS website. He said "please be patient, it is comming right now! it will be out in June."
After little consideration, i have decided to go back with HKS
Thanks again everyone for your help in the dark hours of these past few days. You all have been supportive. But i think it will be ok.
Peace~