General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Differential fluid change question

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Plovell is an unknown quantity at this point
Differential fluid change question

i have a 2014 CRV and I want to change the rear differential fluid. My guess is the correct way to get under it is to raise the vechile up on four jack stands. For some reason getting under this makes me very nervous. I'd rather just use a pair of ramps which I use for oil changes. However will the angle of the vechile be thrown off and adverse effect the amount of fluid the differential would take, or are I worrying unecessarily?
thansk
Old 10-08-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Differential fluid change question

You know this is a Civic forum, right?

There may be enough clearance to just slide your body under it.
Fill hole is near the front of the diff, so if the rear of the car is raised it may end up a bit low.

Simple drain and fill, approximately 1.6 US quarts IIRC
Use HONDA DUAL PUMP FLUID II ONLY

Old 10-08-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Plovell is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks.
BTW I purchased aCRV and. civic with days of each other and an still confusing the two.
Old 10-08-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

It's ok....I spent almost 10 years in a Mazda dealer long ago. I've been with a Honda dealer for almost 15 years and I still try to call these cars things like 323 and 626 LOL