General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

How well Can You do on this knowledge Quize...?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2017
"Honda - tried, true & tested...!"

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
brags is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow How well Can You do on this knowledge Quize...?

For all You DYIR'S out there including myself, that like cars, this is a great

Quize to find out. just how much Knowledge You really have & know about

Cars...? take the quize and post Your results up .. good Luck.!

http://zoo.com/quiz/what-do-you-know-car-engines
Old 04-06-2017
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light
Re: How well Can You do on this knowledge Quize...?

30/35! ezone, get on my level!
Old 04-07-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poopies
30/35! ezone, get on my level!
35/35 (poppet valves was a guess, I normally associate 'poppet valve' with fuel injectors instead of valvetrain), but I started critiquing their choices of answers:

It's clearly biased toward Europeans LOL
(I've never heard anyone use the term 'gudgeon pin' over here)

Not all Diesel engines use glow plugs.

"Radiator fluid" is not the only substance that can make enough white smoke to fog out a city block, nor is it always caused by a head gasket or cracked block.

Thermostat is the most likely cause of overheating? Maybe at DangerZone, but not in my world.

Beam style torque wrench is more reliable than dial or click type (IMHO)
I've never had to send out a beam type for recalibration.
Can't comment on digital, but I've encountered problems with digital strain gauges on other equipment so I'd expect they aren't infallible.

Camshaft opens valves, springs close the valves..... Except Desmodromic, and even then they still use springs. Nobody over here would know what Desmodromic is unless they've heard of Ducati.

Wankel engine has no VALVES, and the triangle shaped rotors are still considered pistons of a sort.

OHV engine doesn't necessarily have the cam located directly over the crankshaft. OHV inline engines locate the cam offset to the side of the crank by some amount.

I wish everyone could understand that cylinder honing is to provide lubrication, and this is why all engines consume some amount of oil by design....even if it's so small you don't notice it on the dipstick.

If I keep doing these, I might never be able to pass an ASE certification test again.
Want to try real ASE tests next time?
Old 04-07-2017
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

35/35 also. Full disclosure, some were random clicks because I didn't feel like reading.

Originally Posted by ezone
35/35 (poppet valves was a guess, I normally associate 'poppet valve' with fuel injectors instead of valvetrain), but I started critiquing their choices of answers:
Yep, guess for me too.

Thermostat is the most likely cause of overheating? Maybe at DangerZone, but not in my world.
To be fair, out of those choices, it was the likely cause.

Beam style torque wrench is more reliable than dial or click type (IMHO)
I've never had to send out a beam type for recalibration.
Can't comment on digital, but I've encountered problems with digital strain gauges on other equipment so I'd expect they aren't infallible.
While possibly true, I feel like beam types are more susceptible to erroneous readings if proper counter torque isn't applied. Might be placebo effect though. I personally like dial types (used those exclusively in the navy), and micrometer types I've had fail because they didn't wanna click after some time.

Wankel engine has no VALVES, and the triangle shaped rotors are still considered pistons of a sort.
It's not a piston though.. It's a rotor.. lol. Valves I'll give you.
Old 04-07-2017
The legs in the public bathroom stall

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
mcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to behold

I had to stop taking the test because I can't tolerate stupid. The people who wrote these questions fit the description of stupid. Such poor wording and some of the answers are actually wrong. Not worth the effort.
Old 04-07-2017
"Honda - tried, true & tested...!"

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
brags is an unknown quantity at this point

1st time around I managed 31/35 with-out using the "Hint option."

slightly ahead of poopies.
Old 04-07-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

^ I didn't see anything about hints?
Old 04-08-2017
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ezone
^ I didn't see anything about hints?
I was gonna say the same thing! Not like you needed any!
Old 04-08-2017
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Hey Jake, you're alive!

I got half way through and got topless women pop up adds...did I win

I'll have to try again with a computer or check my pop up settings on my phone.

Last edited by GolNat; 04-09-2017 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Grammar