General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

i got caught speeding :(

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
phlipsidez is an unknown quantity at this point
i got caught speeding :(

Unmarked car. 97 in a 70 (North Carolina). I am getting a lawyer, but I haven't talked to him yet. What's the best and worste situations? I know it's probable that my licence will be revoked for a month. Thanks guys.
Old 05-14-2002
Registered!!

Crashoveride is an unknown quantity at this point
Damm man, hope it goes well.
Old 05-14-2002
Registered!!

QCKSILVR is an unknown quantity at this point
I love unmarked cars, I have one tonight. . I've written quite a bit in my old posts about speeding summonses; worst case is obviously that you're convicted; best case is that the court dismisses it. The lawyer should be able to allow you to keep your license.
Old 05-14-2002
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

kempster will become famous soon enoughkempster will become famous soon enough
i got a 92 in a 45 in a work zone an the LIE and i got it knocked down with a lawyer so i got to keep my license and stay out of jail. taught me my lesson though
Old 05-14-2002
Registered!!

Was that a Nassau or Suffolk Highway officer? I'd never transfer to highway; way too boring for my liking, plus you get demoted if you don't write summonses...fines/penalites are doubled in work zones in New York State...
Old 05-14-2002
Registered!!

BlackSI is an unknown quantity at this point
GOOD LUCK, hope you dont get in any trouble
Old 05-15-2002
Premium Member

Krepoort is an unknown quantity at this point
I have nightmares of unmarked cars.

-Kre
Old 05-15-2002
Registered!!

UncleB is an unknown quantity at this point
our "unmarked" cars here where I live are pretty well marked if you ask me, but there is an occassional one that you wouldn't expect. I love the Expedition's that the state officers use, but I doubt they would pull you over for speeding. I could be wrong though. I slow down when I see them anyways, just in case.
Old 05-15-2002
Registered!!

I don't think we have any Expeditions; maybe the mounted unit has them to move around the horses, but I don't think they are used for patrol purposes. Our unmarked units are clearly police cars, but as you know, people do stupid things even with a marked unit there, so an unmarked makes it that much better...

Ours have the hidden strobe and LED lighting on it.
Old 05-15-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Storm897 is an unknown quantity at this point
I live in Montgomery County and was following some friends to a club in D.C when an unmarked Pontiac Grand Prix GTP pulled up next to my friends car (2000 Camaro SS). The GTP Had tinted windows (black tint) and the color of the car was black as well. We were going about 65 mph in a 55 just cruising (4 cars). The gtp pulls up next to my friend in the camaro and pulls away and my friend gets baited. When the GTP passed me I saw NO lights at all.I was driving next to him for about 10 seconds before he pulled off. My friend (in the camaro) speed off with the GTP and was way ahead of us. Next thing you know were taking a wide right turn on 495 (in maryland) and he's getting pulled over. The undercover cops light where in the sun visors. It was such a perfect disquise. Never saw such a slick undercover car like that.
Old 05-15-2002
Registered!!

fourkilos is an unknown quantity at this point
ur worried about ur licence getting revoked?? honestly.. i'll worry more about my insurance
Old 05-15-2002
Registered!!

I had the undercover lights mounted on the visor in my Civic but took them off and replaced it with something next to the rear view mirror on the headliner. Our detective units use the visor lights.
Old 05-15-2002
Mr. Negative

DaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the rough

<< I have nightmares of unmarked cars.
>>

I do too. I was following a marron Impala in Superior once. It was going slow in the left, I was getting pissed becuz I hate when people do that. I was so temped to flash my high beams at him, but something told me not to this time. I think I learned to flash people from my dad. So I signal to the other lane, and pass him, but not fast because Superior WI cops like to bust us Minnesota folk, I glance over, and it is a Wisconsin State Police officer. I almost $hit my pants. He had only one, regular looking antenna, so you couldnt tell that it was a unmarked car. That taught me my lesson I needed without getting a ticket. Hey Quik, I have one question, I got one speeding ticket, I think when I was 17. Can insurance still look back and find that. I have heard that it clears when you turn 18. Or does that depend on which state?
Old 05-15-2002
Registered!!

It probably depends on the state. In New York, it is on your record three years from the date of conviction, not the date you were issued the summons. All of our cars have one or two (at the max) antennas. Technicially, you are required to disclose any summons you received to an insurance carrier if they request it; they usually have ways of finding things out; they do not use the same computer programs as the police. They won't care if it happened years ago, however.
Old 05-15-2002
Registered!!

fourkilos is an unknown quantity at this point
QCKSILVR.. i woke up this morning to find that someone broke in to my SL 600.. damn and i thought Searingtown was a safe neighborhood. where were u guys last nite when i needed u [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]
Old 05-15-2002
Registered!!

That's not my post, so I wouldn't usually be up there unless it's an emergency of some sort...
Old 05-15-2002
Registered!!

I got in touch with my lawyer and he said to find out if my insurance will go up if it is just 80 in a 70, and they said it wouldn't. So hopefully he can get it down to 80 and then hopefully everthing will be all good except paying him.
Old 05-15-2002
Registered!!

TwilightX is an unknown quantity at this point
Unmarked cars are pretty easy to spot, at least here in MA - though, I have seen a couple really frightening ones, like a brand new Mustang, and a new addition apparently, a Camaro. You just gotta know what to look for...

T-X
Old 05-15-2002
The Fallen Angel . . .

Vizyun is an unknown quantity at this point
Ur in Carolina? I've had 4 tickets in Carolina. Highway Patrol in NC and VA are NO JOKE. Thank God for bloodsucking lawyers. They drain your dough for a month to keep your insurance down for 18. I once got a ticket for making a right turn 15 minutes early on a weekday; allow me to explain that:

It was one morning during my senior year in high school. I was on my way with some friends to IHOP because it was exam day for everyone except seniors, so we didn't have to be at school until 11:00. We all decided to get together for breakfast around 9:00, then go straight to school, you know, a senior thing.I came up on a stop sign just in time to see an officer pass in front of me. I signaled, stopped, and made a right turn (driving an 89 Monte Carlo). I look in the rear-view to find the officer whipping a U-ey like WHOA , and speeding toward me. I figure he's gotten a call, so I pull over to let him by, as it's a two-lane, no-pass street. To my bewilderment, he pulls up right behind me. Considering I'm about to pass the school, I know I couldn't have been doing over 35 or 40, so I'm not worried. When he get's to my window, he asks me why I made a right turn at that stop sign. I said I needed to go in this direction, why? He says there is a sign just before that stop sign that says "No turns here between 6:30AM and 9:00AM Monday thru Friday", to keep traffic down during school mornings. I look at my watch, and it's 8:45AM. WTF? I said there was no traffic on the road besides him and me, and I didn't see the sign. I saw him pass right in front of me before I made the turn, so why would I knowingly make it illegally? I wasn't rude, I was just honest. The three other people in my car couldn't remember seeing the sign either, but after he had written me the ticket, we did go back and sure enough, there was a sign there about 50 yards back from the stop sign saying exactly what he said. Yes he was technically correct, but I still think he was a real ***** to write me a ticket for it. It was the first ticket I had ever gotten, so my record was clean until then. I just feel like he could've warned me on that one.
Old 05-15-2002
Registered!!

02CarbonCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
That is really stupid to do... there is absolutely no way I would have written you for that unless you called me a pig or something
Old 05-15-2002
Registered!!

<< That is really stupid to do... there is absolutely no way I would have written you for that unless you called me a pig or something >>

Yup...the pig word would definately do it...
Old 05-15-2002
Registered!!

syon2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
no, ladies and gentlemen, this one takes the cake:

time: approx 3:30am

after crusin the downtown strip, my friends and i decide to make a stop at our friendly taco cabana to pick up some grub before we hit a party at one of our friends house. so we get our food, all goes well. then, i pull out of the taco cabana drive thru and come up to the light. well, the light turns green and i look left and right and there's not a SINGLE car in sight. so i take the left turn and then all of a sudden a cop comes up from behind me and stops me. get this, he pulled me over for signaling half-way through the turn. then all of a sudden more cops roll up 2 deep. i was like "wtf is this bullsh!t!?". so i get my ticket and my friends and i just decided to skip the party (it took the cop 30 minutes to write the damn ticket) becuase we were hella pissed. well, that's my story... ps-im challanging this ticket btw [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/IMG]
Old 05-15-2002
Registered!!

Boost is an unknown quantity at this point
my friend got busted down in amherst MA by an ACURA INTEGRA![IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG] Thats just evil.
Old 05-15-2002
Registered!!

what's the difference between max speed vio and basic speed vio?
Old 05-15-2002
Registered!!

Basic speed violation would be traveling at a speed not safe/prudent for existing conditions. You are not charged with going a specific speed in a specific zone, just that you are speeding.

Maximum speed violation, in my state, would be charging someone with going X MPH in a Y MPH zone. The points and/or fines associated with this charge are usually more severe than basic speed vio.
Old 05-15-2002
Registered!!

kFanghe is an unknown quantity at this point
I got a ticket for not walking in the pedestrian crossway at a green light. All traffic was stopped and everything, like WTF? Some cops really do need to get a life.
Old 05-15-2002
Registered!!

Actually I've written summonses for that. Not crossing in a pedestrian walkway is very dangerous and can cause you to get hit. I watched someone almost get hit by a car for jaywalking, so I pull next to the person in the unmarked car, hit all the lights, I'm in full uniform and I say, "Sir, that was very dangerous." He cursed at me and called me an assorted variety of names, so I requested his identification, and that was that...

Old 05-15-2002
Registered!!

Is it possible to get out of a max speed violation even with a lawyer?

(i pretty much know nothing about courts/law besides that i broke it hardcore, and what quicksilver has posted)
Old 05-15-2002
Registered!!

Well I don't know about getting out of it, but the lawyer can probably act as a mouthpiece in court and work out some sort of plea arrangement for you.
Old 05-16-2002
Registered!!

devilvtec is an unknown quantity at this point
I saw a ford F-350 dually pull someone oever on interstate 12; a f-350 of all cars. that sucks big time

Quick Reply: i got caught speeding :(