General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

i got caught speeding :(

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
syon2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
**** i saw a cop in a marked dodge viper chillin in the median on the way from san antonio to florida on i10
Old 05-16-2002
Registered!!

QCKSILVR is an unknown quantity at this point
We don't really use unconventional vehicles for traffic enforcement. We have the regular Crown Victorias, and then a fleet of slicktop and unmarked Crown Victorias. The regular Crown Victorias have the strobe lightbar on the roof and is marked "POLICE," whereas the slicktop cars have no lightbar and say nothing on the front or back, but have hidden strobe lighting and say "POLICE" on the sides. The unmared cars, obviously say nothing and are usually silver, or blue with hidden strobe lighting.
Old 05-16-2002
Registered!!

TwilightX is an unknown quantity at this point

<< my friend got busted down in amherst MA by an ACURA INTEGRA![IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG] Thats just evil. >>

Dude, you're joking right? Pleeeease don't tell me when I visit friends up there that I have to watch out for THAT now!

T-X
Old 05-17-2002
Registered!!

Diznavis is an unknown quantity at this point

<<

<< my friend got busted down in amherst MA by an ACURA INTEGRA![IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG] Thats just evil. >>

Dude, you're joking right? Pleeeease don't tell me when I visit friends up there that I have to watch out for THAT now!

T-X
>>

i dont think i would pull over for an integra (or a civic) until a real marked unit showed up too. there are too many kids that put strobes in their cars and think its funny to pull people over, not to mention the psychos and rapists that do it
Old 05-17-2002
Registered!!

You make a good point in that. I do have some equipment in my Civic and could attempt to do a stop if the situation warranted it, but it would have to be something very serious in order to try it as the department would probably frown upon it if it was something petty. If you are ever hesitant about stopping for what appears to be a police officer, do not speed up at all. If anything, slow down. If it is a real officer, odds are if you do not stop, a marked unit will appear. If you have a cell phone, you can call 911 to confirm the person's identity.
Old 05-17-2002

WD40 is an unknown quantity at this point
phlipsidez, how'd you find your lawyer? I've called a couple lawyers out of the phone book for past tickets and they say, "You'd probably be just as well off taking care of it yourself."

I'm curious to know how you decided to use the one you're using and where you found him?

Thanks!
Old 05-17-2002

WD40 is an unknown quantity at this point
Oh, and how much is he charging you? (If you don't mind me asking)
Old 05-17-2002
Registered!!

phlipsidez is an unknown quantity at this point
Look under traffic lawyers. The one I have happened to be an old neighbor of mine. I dunno how much he's going to charge me though.
Old 05-17-2002
Registered!!

You'll have to find a lawyer that specializes in vehicle and traffic matters. It does not require much skill at all as vehicle and traffic law is not rocket science, however, few lawyers actually specialize in it.