General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

2016 Honda HRV

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
soni is an unknown quantity at this point
2016 Honda HRV

Old 05-15-2015
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 2016 Honda HRV

I dig it! Seems like it's begging for a K series option though.
Old 05-15-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Poopies
I dig it! Seems like it's begging for a K series option though.
+1. It looks like a winner to me. I can see the wife with one in the future.

It won't take long for someone to stuff a k in it. They put K's in Fits.
Old 05-15-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

They hit us on Thursday.

It needs a K version offered LOL. It's kinda wimpy with the 1.8.
Old 07-11-2015
Registered!!

Civic15 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was about to start a new thread for the HR-V to see if anyone has had any experience with one yet.

I've always said, the Civics (the three I've owned) have been so bulletproof, but living in New Hampshire, if only Honda made an awd Civic with a little higher ride height to compete with the Subaru Impreza, then THAT would be my ideal car...

... I guess and AWD Fit is close enough.

Just had my Civic at the dealer to have my airbag recall done, checked the HR-V out in person, but didn't want to bother a salesman to get inside.

Surprisingly, walking up to them, inline with the CR-Vs they don't seem as small as I expected.

Why don't they offer a 5-speed manual with the AWD?
Old 07-11-2015
Registered!!

Civic15 is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope more people opt for the HR-V than the Jeep Renegade. They advertise the Renegade as starting at 18 grand, but once you add 4wd (hello!? it's a Jeep!), air conditioning, an automatic tranny which requires the optional engine.. it's around 25 grand. Why drop 24 grand on a Renegade when you can get THE Jeep, a Wrangler, for 25ish!?!

Even a similarly equipped Patriot (while it lasts) comes in cheaper than the Renegade.

However... the Mazda CX-3?! Now that will probably give the HR-V a run for it's money. I love the interior of the CX-3.
Old 07-12-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Civic15
I was about to start a new thread for the HR-V to see if anyone has had any experience with one yet.
It's like a Fit on steroids. They have been selling about as fast as we get them here.
I've always said, the Civics (the three I've owned) have been so bulletproof, but living in New Hampshire, if only Honda made an awd Civic with a little higher ride height to compete with the Subaru Impreza, then THAT would be my ideal car...
Search for what other countries have had from Honda... There are AWD Civics out there.

Why don't they offer a 5-speed manual with the AWD?
Good question. They have a 6 speed with 2WD available, but not AWD.