General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Brand New 2013 Honda Civic already needed service after 24 hours

Old 03-02-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
amyhonda is an unknown quantity at this point
Brand New 2013 Honda Civic already needed service after 24 hours

I bought a brand new Honda Civic 2013 on Thursday night and noticed that there was a strange metallic rubbing noise after only haven driven the vehicle 20 miles total. Took in and demanded a new car, they would not give me one. Had serviced and turns out the brake plate was rubbing against the rotor on the right front and creating the noise. They readjusted and it no longer makes the noise. It is brand new, should I be concerned about this? Is it possible to get a different car since it has only been 2 days?
Old 03-02-2013
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Stock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Brand New 2013 Honda Civic already needed service after 24 hours

That would bother me too.

What ever happened to 'the customer is always right'?

I dunno, if you got some super good deal and financed it then probably just getting another car might be tricky.

If you paid cash for it then it shouldn't be.

...and as it happens all too often these days if you make enough noise to the right people then you can usually get what you want.
Old 03-02-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

IMO, Nope.
Check your local regulations regarding buyers remorse and the 72 hour thing.

That car is already registered to you. You own that car.
HUGE hassle to change that, and now it is a used car.

I think you have absolutely no case for consideration. It's not like the engine blew up on the drive home.

If you think the manufacturer should buy it back, look into the lemon laws for your area. You still have no case for this.

-------

So what if there was a problem? Crap happens. Did they get it resolved right away? Yes. It's over. Done deal. Drive the car.

Did you take a test drive with your salesperson?
Did it make any noise during that test drive?
No, apparently it didn't because you wouldn't have bought this car if it had.
Did you hit something? Get a stick caught in the wheel?

A backing plate rub is extremely minor.

(I have it happen once in a while just by doing a brake job, or catching the wheel on it when rotating tires. The plate is only a little thicker than an old steel beer can and can be moved easily. It happens.)

Could have been as simple as a piece of GRAVEL off of any road got caught in it too. Nobodys fault if that were the case.
Old 03-02-2013
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Those dust shields drive me crazy. I actually removed mine on the front when I replaced the bearings. Because they constantly rub. Like ezone said every time I do a brake job I have to go back and re position that stupid shield. In your case, don't worry about it. Enjoy your new car this is not a problem just a slight annoyance