General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nctitan7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Help!!!

I have a 2000 civic EX. I was driving down the highway and a radiator hose popped off and the car got so hot it turned off on the highway. Anyway my car was running like crap today so I was gonna replace the spark plugs and the plug wires are MELTED over the spark plugs. I have broken ever single one of the plug wires off put there is almost 1 full inch of black melted plug wire over the spark plug. So what I'm asking is how can I get that black crap out or off (screw driver doesnt work)? HELP!!!!
Old 02-19-2013
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
Re: Help!!!

It would really help us if you had a picture. I'm not too sure what you mean. Did the rubber part of the plugs melt into the socket?
Old 02-20-2013
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

buy new wires, they're not that pricey.
Old 02-20-2013
Whachya lookin at?

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like you will be buying a new engine if it got THAT hot.
Old 02-20-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nctitan7
and a radiator hose popped off and the car got so hot it turned off on the highway.

was running like crap today

the plug wires are MELTED
Originally Posted by BlueEM2
Sounds like you will be buying a new engine if it got THAT hot.
Yep.

That head is warped, at the very least. If it overheated that bad, I'd expect piston rings lost tension too.

Most overheated engines I get to see that were pushed to the point that they refused to keep running and melted the plug wires (or coils) in an overheat event won't run at all. Spilling coolant out between the head and the block.