General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

It's Worth Washing / Waxing Your Car Every Week

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kenji4861 is an unknown quantity at this point
It's Worth Washing / Waxing Your Car Every Week

ANY car, they look HOT as long as you keep it shining like the time you bought it. My car is just *another* Blue Civic, but I wash, polish, waxed it like every week (the last 3 weeks). I thought it's just another boring car to people, but constantly I've been noticing people staring at my car~ Boy do I love this feeling!!

Sorry, just expressing my happiness~>
Old 05-04-2002
Registered!!

SWEETRIDE is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice... a fellow car cleaner. I wash my car probably 3-5 times a week and try to wax it whenever I can and I to this day say that nothing looks better than a CLEAN black car. IT takes a lot of work to keep her clean but when ppl are like I know it is well worth it.!
Old 05-04-2002
Registered!!

JKEEZO is an unknown quantity at this point
it is called schizophrenia... i think there are drugs to help it [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]

(dont ask how long that word took to find)
Old 05-04-2002
FIJI-STEVE IS THE OFFICIAL 7THGEN QUEER

Civicster should not be trusted
yeah.. i'd like to have my car like brand new out of the dealer lot
Old 05-04-2002
Registered!!

juscallmetoyota is an unknown quantity at this point
Samehere Kenji, I try to detail my car everyweek. I love the outcome of how it looks like you have a layer of glass on top of your paint after you just finished waxing it. O, and yes.. I do feel my car gets more attention when its all shiny clean.

Steve*
Old 05-04-2002
Registered!!

dragoon is an unknown quantity at this point
obsessive compulsive disorder.. jk [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

I wash once every 2 weeks, wax once every 3 months. I wash and wax before a special occasion, however, like the music department banquet coming up next friday [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 05-05-2002
www.ImportFactor.Com

WhosYoDadday85 should not be trustedWhosYoDadday85 should not be trusted
My steps to wash/wax:

Once a week:
-Wash it down twice
-Dry
-Clean the windows
-Vacume if needed

Every Month:
-Wash once with palm olive to remove old wax
-Imediatly wash the car with some meguires car wash twice
-Dry
-Clean windows
-Vacume inside
-Borrow one of those air purifiers and let it run inside my car for around an hour (retail cost = $700 for an industrial machine...my cost free from my parent's hotel[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG] )
....while the air is getting "purified" inside my car, and getting the new car smell back...
-Polish car
-Buff of entire car
-Wax car twice
-Some more buffage....

I do wonder why some of you guys wax your cars once a week...it's seriously not needed that often....
Old 05-05-2002
Registered!!

RedDragon333 will become famous soon enough
My Red civic gets washed every week no matter what and waxed every week all with Megiuars and it turns heads when dirty because no one really has the red civic and hen its washed and waxed it gets sooo much more attention!!! i love it when people do that or ask you at a light what your 1/4 mile time is!!!! its cool
Old 05-05-2002
Tomotor

xHoteKx has a spectacular aura aboutxHoteKx has a spectacular aura about
i wash after everytime it rains (lots of factories n plants, so worried of harsh chemicals in rain) and when it gets dirty and dusty. and i wax it about once every 2 weeks

and i must agree.. its a b*tch to keep a black car clean[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]
Old 05-05-2002
Registered!!

zappa is an unknown quantity at this point
I wash my civic at least once a week, I wax about once a month .....or if I just get the urge. Zymol rocks! anybody else get under their car and do really obsessive compulsive stuff like wiping off the springs or cleaning swaybars ............ Maybe theres a twelve step program for this.......... Hi, my name is zappa, and I'm a civicoholic....[IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG]
Old 05-05-2002
Registered!!

oblivious9 is an unknown quantity at this point

<< it is called schizophrenia... i think there are drugs to help it [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]

>>

[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] LMAO

even though it's considered obsessive compulsive disorder, not schizophrenia.

Here in MD I have to rely on the car wash due to this water ban that's been in effect since last November.
Old 05-05-2002
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
I wash once a week, or after it rains, or after a road trip, when ever it is possible for me to do so. Usually, polish and wax every 6 months. However, the vic is my first black car and man does it take some time to keep her looking good. I have decided to polish and wax every 3 months now. The meguiars gold wax just doesn't seem to last any longer than a couple months.
Old 05-05-2002
Registered!!

civicex01 is an unknown quantity at this point
What kind of wax do you guys use?
Old 05-05-2002
Registered!!

HondaUSDM is an unknown quantity at this point

<< it is called schizophrenia... i think there are drugs to help it [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]

>>

actually schizo would be more as if one day a suburban white boy is so kind to their car and loves washing it, then on other days, they are pissed that they someone has found out that they're a secret agent for the CIA working to protect the world from aliens so they **** all over their car.
Old 05-05-2002
Registered!!

Snowman is an unknown quantity at this point
Man you guys are pretty crazy. I haven't waxed my car ever. Sorry but I'll start doing it soon. Also haven't been able to wash in about a month or maybe more now. School's been real busy but after I'm done, I'm gonna spend a whole day making it look good again.
Old 05-05-2002
Registered!!

neoretromax is an unknown quantity at this point
i agree on the waxing frenzy, pretty crazy. i wash every 1 to 2 weeks, wax every 3 months. there's this thing out there called quick detailer, use that in between waxes, same results. the more u wash it, the more u gotta wax it. peace out.
Old 05-05-2002
Registered!!

JKEEZO is an unknown quantity at this point

<<

>>

actually schizo would be more as if one day a suburban white boy is so kind to their car and loves washing it, then on other days, they are pissed that they someone has found out that they're a secret agent for the CIA working to protect the world from aliens so they **** all over their car.
>>

haha, wasted time looking up the wrong word

you got the point though [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 05-05-2002
Registered!!

JSWhaler is an unknown quantity at this point
I wash my car every week, but when I'm at school it turns out to be about once every other week (the best I can do with my schedule. I can't stand it when my car is dirty. I have a black civic and it's hard to keep it clean, but I enjoy taking the time to wash it. I wax it about once a month with meguires cleaner wax then meguires gold wax. I polish it about 2-4 times a year since our cars are still new, the paint is in as good shape as it's gonna get. Besides I get that extra 5-10hp when my ride is clean. j/k [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 05-05-2002
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

civicdude will become famous soon enough
I wash my car 2 to 3 times a week. I wax it every other week. I am a detailer....and I need my car to be clean....I guess I have OCD when it comes to my car....now I just gotta clean my apartment as much....
Old 05-05-2002
Registered!!

MexMike is an unknown quantity at this point
NO offense! I love my car as much as the next 7thgen owner....but either you guys have no jobs/school or no lives[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG] How do you find the time to wash and wax so often? I work and goto college and have a g/f and I try my best to wash once a week, but I never have enough time to wax!!! To top it off....my car is black damn wind blows and pollen everywhere[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]
Old 05-05-2002
Registered!!

mosdef is an unknown quantity at this point
it is pretty sad how obsessive i am with my car. my blue coupe stays as clean as possible inside and out. i wash my car like 3-6 times a week, and i have a pretty full life. kinda lucky considering its probaby because i get free car washes at the Honda dealer i bought it from... thats pretty cool. i havent once waxed it yet though. i just keep thinking that if i use the wrong product its gonn mess up my paint or finish or something. what dou guys usually use? cause yea, i do notice that when the car is just washed.. i get alot looks and turning heads. and chicks dig the "sparkly" nature of the "eternal blue pearl"
Old 05-06-2002
Registered!!

Snowman is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah Mexmike, that's exactly how it is with me. I seriously get scared that people can wash their car more than once a week. I mean during the summer maybe I can do it, during the school year, forget about it.
Old 05-06-2002
Registered!!

NickDaMans02Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Yep I try to wash my car once a week and lately its been like every 2 weeks or more since my car is indoors all the time and since I don't have a job and I just have one day of class a week its never out in the weather. But my parents hate seeing me waiste so much water washing it once a week I guess. I dunno its silver too and I live in Arizona and its nothing but sun here and wind. But I need another coat of wax here again soon.

Nick
Old 05-06-2002
Registered!!

TOOLOWCIVIC is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah MexMike, it is the same for me. I can probably wash my car once a week.
Old 05-06-2002
Si(R) killer # 1

CoupeStylz is an unknown quantity at this point
Hahaha waste water. That's what you get for living in a desert!
Great Lakes = [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 05-06-2002
Registered!!

n00dleboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Hard to keep a black car clean? try yellow... [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]
Old 05-06-2002
Registered!!

2k1SINCE00 is an unknown quantity at this point
After detailing for honda & acura for about 2.5 years I know that you should not wax your car more than 4x a year because it will destory the purpose of a clear coat. DO NOT WAX YOUR CAR TOO OFTEN!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-06-2002
Registered!!

TwilightX is an unknown quantity at this point
Sounds like many people on the board have maxed out their quota if that's the case...me included...

If you do the detailing doctor thingee on the Meguire's homepage, they say once a month in harsh environments...I dunno - a leader in the detailing industry would make that up? I aint trying to flame, just saying that many people say it won't harm the car, and it's recommended to do it often to protect the car if you're in a harsh climate. I know for me, there's plenty of sun here, and lots of wind - I come to my car after work and it's dusty already since it's parked near a construction zone...

I wash every week once or twice, and wax every month - though I did redo it this month to put a polish underneath the wax. Meguires all the way for that can't-sit-on-my-car-because-I-slide-off feeling

T-X
Old 05-07-2002
www.ImportFactor.Com

WhosYoDadday85 should not be trustedWhosYoDadday85 should not be trusted

<< Meguires all the way for that can't-sit-on-my-car-because-I-slide-off feeling >>

Exactly....polish...wax......the car is so smooth you can't sit on it because you'll slide off Its like glass
Old 05-07-2002
Registered!!

NickDaMans02Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
I know lol the desert is a pain, nice sun but killer on paint jobs LOL [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] and that wind of doom and sand. Oh well in the process now of moving back to Oregon get some rain again in my home state LOL, then won't have to worry about waisting water since it rains 9 mths or more out of the year

Nick

Quick Reply: It's Worth Washing / Waxing Your Car Every Week