General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Official Top Gear Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2015
Kenny the Ricer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Official Top Gear Thread

Originally Posted by Stock 99
I thought they were signing with Netflix =/
Old 11-27-2016
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

The boys are back

If you have Amazon Prime you can watch their new show The Grand Tour. I just watched it and it felt like I was watching Top Gear again.
Old 11-27-2016
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not a fan of the way they do the "professional driver testing the car" thing (i.e. The Stig), but the rest of it, I'm loving.

Cute brown girl in the background of the first episode, behind Jezza. Y'all know what I'm talking about. lol
Old 11-28-2016

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Stock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of light

I just downloaded ep1 but haven't watched it yet though. They certainly are making that tough these days. I'd kind of forgot all about Top Gear so many other good shows out there... Roadkill, Mighty Car Mods, Wheeler Dealers, Dirt Everyday, Finnagan's Garage... and more even.
Old 11-28-2016
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

The opening scene from ep1, bloody brilliant. Loved it
Old 11-28-2016

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Stock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of light

It's like the BBC and Top Gear got a divorce and the BBC got everything... the track, the studio, camera crew..... Now the boys are sitting in their bare bachelor pad (tent) starting over again.
Old 11-30-2016
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
The opening scene from ep1, bloody brilliant. Loved it

Yes it was!! They did a great job with that.

Amazon has facts thrown in when you pause it to and one said that the opening scene cost 3.4 million! There were some other budget numbers in there also and Amazon has given them 4x the budget an episode that BBC gave them.

Cute brown girl in the background of the first episode, behind Jezza. Y'all know what I'm talking about. lol
Yes, that was good placement.

Originally Posted by Stock 99
It's like the BBC and Top Gear got a divorce and the BBC got everything... the track, the studio, camera crew..... Now the boys are sitting in their bare bachelor pad (tent) starting over again.
Lol, that is true but the Trio is what makes the show so Top Gear got the better end of the deal, IMO.