General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Whats with the sedan tail lights??

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2002
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Krepoort is an unknown quantity at this point
Whats with the sedan tail lights??

Whats up with that pink piece anyways? Do you know anyone who would want their reverse lights to show up.........pink? [IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG] Well, guess I'll just go pick up my new tail lights at the dealership tomorrow.

-Kre
Old 04-30-2002
Registered!!

SoNiCcIvIc is an unknown quantity at this point
I like the 6th gen taillights better.
Old 04-30-2002
Registered!!

JKEEZO is an unknown quantity at this point
i like the coupe's which is why i bought one
Old 04-30-2002
Registered!!

bhayes82 is an unknown quantity at this point
uh, have you ever taken a look at your reverse lights in action? (please, go stick your car in reverse and stand directly behind it. don't worry about the car running you over, it's only an illusion due to the pinkness of the lights!)

when on, the're not pink. they're white. OMG UNBELIEVEABLE!!!11!

and get this -- when they're off, the pink lens blends better with the red lens surrounding it, making the whole light have a nice, smooth, contiguous look -- as opposed to an ugly, sharply contrasting white spot in the corner of the light.

of course, the pink lens subtracts 1 HP so you'd OBVUIOUSLY want the clear lens if you're a super-fast racer.

and on a similar note, did you know that the windows in the civic are tinted GREEN? OMG U BETTER REPLACE THEM CUZ GREEN WINDOW MAKE U SLOW!!!
Old 04-30-2002
Registered!!

SoNiCcIvIc is an unknown quantity at this point

<< i like the coupe's which is why i bought one >>

Same here! When I first saw the new Civic I was like, "WTF? Those taillights are awesome!" Now I'm chaning them to TYC Futuro Gen 2 Altezzas. I might end up puttin the stock ones back on, tho. They're still kew.
Old 04-30-2002
Banned

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond repute
to tell u da truth, the US hybrid's tailight was a major disappointment for me. japanese hybrid civic's red and clear tailight is way better than ours. japanese hybrid has somehow white/clear on da bottom portion instead of only the reverse area, which i think is unfair.

our sedan tailights as of now, unlike the hybrid it looks really plain, pale, no texture whatsoever.

just my 7 million cents
Old 04-30-2002
Premium Member

<< uh, have you ever taken a look at your reverse lights in action? (please, go stick your car in reverse and stand directly behind it. don't worry about the car running you over, it's only an illusion due to the pinkness of the lights!)

when on, the're not pink. they're white. OMG UNBELIEVEABLE!!!11!

and get this -- when they're off, the pink lens blends better with the red lens surrounding it, making the whole light have a nice, smooth, contiguous look -- as opposed to an ugly, sharply contrasting white spot in the corner of the light.

of course, the pink lens subtracts 1 HP so you'd OBVUIOUSLY want the clear lens if you're a super-fast racer.

and on a similar note, did you know that the windows in the civic are tinted GREEN? OMG U BETTER REPLACE THEM CUZ GREEN WINDOW MAKE U SLOW!!!
>>

Oh crap. You're on to me! How did you know I wanted to change my tails because the stock ones make me go slower! And for your information, the pink subtracts 2 HP you [IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG]! I didnt know about the tint though. Thanks for the heads up! You think if I got yellow tint would make my blue car go faster?? Please help me! I really wasnt looking to mod my ride to my liking anyhow! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/IMG]

And all this time, I thought you were a pretty cool dude..

-Kre
Old 04-30-2002
Registered!!

brill is just really nicebrill is just really nicebrill is just really nicebrill is just really nice
I'm not particularily huge on the sedan taillights... but they don't look bad...

I quite like the jag style lights that SilverTrouble has on his ride... I wonder if I'll ever be in a financial position to spring for some aftermarket lights? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 04-30-2002
FIJI-STEVE IS THE OFFICIAL 7THGEN QUEER

Civicster should not be trusted
can some 1 make a diy for the changing the pink reverse light to clear????????????? pink is ghay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! white makes it look euro style!!!!!!!!=more pimped out, more horse ponies!
Old 04-30-2002
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point

<< I'm not particularily huge on the sedan taillights... but they don't look bad...

I quite like the jag style lights that SilverTrouble has on his ride... I wonder if I'll ever be in a financial position to spring for some aftermarket lights? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
>>

I like those as well. I don't really care for the clear ones. They had them on the group buy center for like $130 bucks a few weeks ago. I just haven't convinced myself to buy them yet.
Old 04-30-2002
Registered!!

brill is just really nicebrill is just really nicebrill is just really nicebrill is just really nice

<< I like those as well. I don't really care for the clear ones. They had them on the group buy center for like $130 bucks a few weeks ago. I just haven't convinced myself to buy them yet. >>

ya the only reason i like those jag style ones is coz they are red... i don't like chrome around the taillights just a personal preference
Old 04-30-2002
Premium Member

<<

<< I'm not particularily huge on the sedan taillights... but they don't look bad...

>>

I like those as well. I don't really care for the clear ones. They had them on the group buy center for like $130 bucks a few weeks ago. I just haven't convinced myself to buy them yet.
>>

I was just about to get those as well. I didnt cause I had other mods I've been doing, plus lots of people talk about the cheap quality of Altezzas. The Hybrid lights are a bit more expensive, but I can at least count on Honda quality and I think they look a bit better. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

-Kre
Old 05-01-2002
I Queef > You

sKwiD is on a distinguished road
Hey, look at mines I dont know to link it though, oh well....good luck to ya...
Old 05-01-2002
Registered!!

TEKNIQ is an unknown quantity at this point
I personally liked the shape of the lights not the lights them selves, thats why I bought some APC'z
Old 05-02-2002
Registered!!

TwilightX is an unknown quantity at this point
I have to say, the hybrid lights are pretty tite - They're just the right combination of the altezza look and regular tail lights. I'm not a big fan of factory-type altezzas (ie, Lexus' RX 300), but these ones from Honda look sweet! Wish my altezzas had that look...

T-X