General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

What did you do to your civic today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2014
Civicless

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
noJeepshere is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: What did you do to your civic today?

So I decided to reward my car for good behavior and tinted the windows:

Name:  20140520_183543_zpsa83b0faf.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  139.5 KB

Name:  20140523_155122_zps2af0affe.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  164.1 KB

Then, less than a week after that, the check engine light comes on, no big deal I think, the O2 sensor heater is broken so if I don't drive it hard enough fast enough it trips the CEL, then it goes out after a day or two. But then it starts to run rough and will not go above 3,500 rpm, and starts hard and is way down on power. You may have guessed it, CEL light is on for code P0335, crankshaft position sensor no signal Since it's my daily driver and I need it for work, guess what I'll be doing today?

Other than that it gets 36 mpg around the city and 40 mpg on the interstate and runs smooth as butter, and looks pretty good too, for being a small car...
Old 05-27-2014
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah, it looks good! How much did the tinting set you back?
Old 05-27-2014
Civicless

$200. But now I can't drive the damn thing because of this crankshaft sensor... and in trying to replace it this evening, who the f*** puts such a simple thing behind the damn crank pulley?! I want to throat punch the douchebag engineer that did that.
Old 05-28-2014
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

I started it. In the process I farted inside there. So in a week when I go to start it again the fart will probably still be there, waiting to attack. Silently.
Old 05-29-2014
Civicless

Got the sensor changed out, and to my joy, she fired right up. Guess it'll be spared the Molotov cocktail for now...

And while I was at it, I got a nice 2" chrome tip for the exhaust to dress up the rear a touch. Soon I will also take the Civic and EX Special Edition badges off to smooth the rear and clean it up a bit.
Old 06-05-2014
Registered!!

0396 is an unknown quantity at this point

Changed out the trans fluid with Honda fluids on my HX with CVT ( it seems to run better with new fluids ) , Also,on my 2012 Civic auto.....fresh tranny fluids to enhance the longevity .

My 2004 HX CVT took 4 qts of trans fluid ( I cranked the engine over a few times) .....Now the trans much much smoother -!

Last edited by 0396; 06-06-2014 at 11:30 PM.
Old 06-08-2014
Super Moderator

Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light

Put in a new WeatherTech cargo liner. The performance increase was nothing short of astounding.
Old 06-08-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poopies
Put in a new WeatherTech cargo liner. The performance increase was nothing short of astounding.
Did you install some VTEC SOHC stickers on it?
Old 06-09-2014
Registered!!

GlobalHub is an unknown quantity at this point

Became the proud owner of a 2007 Honda Civic Si. First time civic owner.
Old 06-10-2014
Whachya lookin at?

BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

I see I've successfully made another sig LOL The single highest power increase I've gotten in my civic was when I put a double din deck in... It's not a volume button its HP control.
Old 06-11-2014
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ezone
Did you install some VTEC SOHC stickers on it?
Nah, I just got my new header today so I'm gonna put all my DC Sports stickers on my liner instead.

@ GlobalHub, welcome to the club!
Old 06-11-2014
Whachya lookin at?

DC Header? good buy... too bad the power increase is so minimal. Turns out OEM header on these breathes pretty good.. but that DC header looks so badass!!!
Old 06-11-2014
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by BlueEM2
DC Header? good buy... too bad the power increase is so minimal. Turns out OEM header on these breathes pretty good.. but that DC header looks so badass!!!
Yeah, I hear the computer pretty much eliminates most changes too... since I'm staying NA and am keeping my cat I want to get a wider downpipe and also put in a Magnaflow or something quieter before I try for a new cam.
I'll take some pictures of the header when I put it in this weekend though!
Old 06-12-2014
Whachya lookin at?

Good.. Pictures are good Get the cam! It will actually make a difference!
Old 06-12-2014
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by BlueEM2
Get the cam! It will actually make a difference!
I'm still kind of skittish about getting into my engine like that. I could really fudge something up, unlike with the other bolt-ons. I'm slowly learning every time I get on this site and every time I work on my car.
Old 06-13-2014
Super Moderator

Installed a new DC Sports header and exhaust leak (unfortunately)... Here are some pics!

I put one of the DC Sports vinyls there for added HPs.

Broke one of these though, so now I have an exhaust leak until I get a new pair.

Follow my complete adventure here!

Last edited by Poopies; 06-13-2014 at 04:33 PM.
Old 06-15-2014
Registered!!

helluvalife93 is an unknown quantity at this point

i dropped my 2001 civic today on KSPORT springs 2" and it now makes a cracking noise when i turn the wheel.

Anyone know why it does this ?????

Name:  IMG_3472_zps69c3a6b3.jpeg
Views: 165
Size:  88.1 KB

Name:  IMG_2447_zpsa54242cb.jpeg
Views: 155
Size:  128.9 KB
Old 06-15-2014
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Did you index the springs properly? Did you index them at all?

There is pic in this DIY

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/4...fo-pics-9.html
Old 06-15-2014
Registered!!

dakotacarter98 is an unknown quantity at this point

I recently started to modify my 95' civic! I started with a K&N air filter and I plastidipped all of the emblems red! Hoping to turbo soon... Any suggestions on a good turbo?
Old 06-15-2014
Whachya lookin at?

Search my man. More information about turbo on this forum than you can ever sink your brain into.
Old 06-15-2014
Registered!!

Here is a before and after I lowered my em1 on Ksport springs. I had originally bought them from a guy that cut the front springs 1" so the car sits a 1" lower in the front. Back is 2" drop and front 3"
check out the results.

BEFORE:
Name:  IMG_3959_zpsc8e3223d.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  126.3 KB

AFTER:
Name:  IMG_4293_zpsacde327a.jpeg
Views: 169
Size:  145.0 KB
Old 06-15-2014
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Looks good. Hard to tell though, need a side pic.
Old 06-15-2014
Registered!!

dakotacarter98 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thinking about putting mud flaps on my 95 civic and plastidipping red.. car is white, what would you think of the idea?
Old 06-16-2014
Super Moderator

My old foam filter needed a cleaning after my cross-country trip...

...but instead of making my car undriveable for a few days while it dried, I got a new Dryflow one so I can alternate!

I also put in a new sticker for increased airflow.
Old 06-16-2014
Registered!!

Todays Progress- Rear fog light. I cut the hole out with a dermal and fit my new fog light what you guys think?

and also does anyone have any information on where i can get SIR bumpers or how it is done on a em2?

Name:  e5da3423-9e7a-4275-a9cc-63d2f6b75afe_zpsd4e1d4a1.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  76.7 KB
Old 06-17-2014
Civicless

Went on a 1500 mile road trip to Washington state and back to Utah, averaged 37 mpgs the whole way, not bad considering I had the cruise set above 70 the whole way, and the first tank was 29 mpg... That was because I was going into a terrible headwind at 87 mph for 3 hours (Utah has 80 mph speed limits outside of the big cities) but the rest of the trip was a little more laid back.

On a side note: anyone want a 2005 EX Special Edition? My finances are tight and the cost of insurance and the monthly payment is more than my fuel bill for my bought and paid for Yukon would be. That and it kills me to have a perfectly good rig sitting under a tree while I'm driving a car that after a year of ownership I'm still not particularly fond of. So, it's going to the highest bidder.
Old 06-17-2014
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by noJeepshere
On a side note: anyone want a 2005 EX Special Edition? My finances are tight and the cost of insurance and the monthly payment is more than my fuel bill for my bought and paid for Yukon would be. That and it kills me to have a perfectly good rig sitting under a tree while I'm driving a car that after a year of ownership I'm still not particularly fond of. So, it's going to the highest bidder.
Damn that sucks... you should put it up on the Vehicles for Sale/Wanted area with some pics!
Old 06-17-2014
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
drhawkinz has a spectacular aura aboutdrhawkinz has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by helluvalife93
Todays Progress- Rear fog light. I cut the hole out with a dermal and fit my new fog light what you guys think?

and also does anyone have any information on where i can get SIR bumpers or how it is done on a em2?

I haven't seen this anywhere but in this forum so I have to ask what is this? Is it just a tail light that's wired to your fog lights or a super bright brake light or what exactly?
Old 06-18-2014
Registered!!

Originally Posted by drhawkinz
I haven't seen this anywhere but in this forum so I have to ask what is this? Is it just a tail light that's wired to your fog lights or a super bright brake light or what exactly?
It is just a rear fog light . It is used for storms like blizzards, heavy rain, and fog, witch we in Arizona have none . But! we do have Monsoon season and it is a good thing to know that your car can be seen by others through heavy dust storms . To be honest, mainly I put it because I like the way it looks on the car

p.s. it is wired to the running lights so it only turns on as a running light . No turn signal, break ect.
Old 06-18-2014
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
drhawkinz has a spectacular aura aboutdrhawkinz has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by helluvalife93
It is just a rear fog light . It is used for storms like blizzards, heavy rain, and fog, witch we in Arizona have none . But! we do have Monsoon season and it is a good thing to know that your car can be seen by others through heavy dust storms . To be honest, mainly I put it because I like the way it looks on the car

p.s. it is wired to the running lights so it only turns on as a running light . No turn signal, break ect.
That's cool, thanks for the education!!

Quick Reply: What did you do to your civic today?