General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.
View Poll Results: Which color Lotus?
Ardent Red
8.33%
Canyon Red
4.17%
Liquid Blue
12.50%
Isotope Green
16.67%
Laser Blue
25.00%
Aspen White
33.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Which color Lotus would YOU buy?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Which color Lotus would YOU buy?

I am considering picking up an Elise or Elise SC next spring, but I cannot figure out which color to go with. I want the opinion of people not already part of the Lotus community.

Help me pick which of these colors you like best:
Ardent Red:

Canyon Red:

Liquid Blue:

Isotope Green:

Laser Blue:

Aspen White:

For reference, here are all of the colors (some discontinued) that Lotus offers on the Elise:
Old 08-16-2010
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
jsmithe2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Which color Lotus would YOU buy?

I wouldn't buy one even if I had the $, but if I did, I would go with that red on lower left on the parking lot. Understated, blends with the street, but at the same time shows off the body work meaning no dark colors. 2nd choice the bright silver top right. But color is a personal thing as u know.

Some color look better up close and other colors look better from the distance. I pick colors that look better from the distance
Old 08-16-2010
Johnny Tran stole my S2000 that I had over $100K in mods.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to behold

I was always a fan of this car especially when it was sporting a real bright color like the isotope green and laser blue.I like the green one in the top left of the pic of all the Lotus's.4th Elise down in left row,6th down in right row,and 8th down in right row are real nice IMO.Yellow,red,and orange are the colors I always see when I see an Elise.
Old 08-16-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

I'd rock it in liquid blue, laser blue, persian blue, british racing green, solar yellow, or chrome orange.. lol.. I was going back and forth between liquid and laser blue, so I flipped a coin and did the opposite of what the coin told me to do..
Old 08-16-2010
Registered!!

Nosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the rough

I love the silver blue (4th from bottom).
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lotus.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	79034  

Last edited by Nosepicker; 08-16-2010 at 03:17 PM.
Old 08-16-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

I voted for Liquid Blue, but my favourite colour is British Racing Green.
Old 08-16-2010
Registered!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

White all the way.
Old 08-16-2010
Low and slow!

02civicsi02 will become famous soon enough

**** I vote for laser blue. But they are all nice colors.
Old 08-17-2010
Johnny Tran stole my S2000 that I had over $100K in mods.

VTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to behold

Just wondering,are you considering a used or a brand new Elise?
Old 08-17-2010
Registered!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

I have three bullets with the names of the three people who voted for Isotope green ready to go. Why would you ruin a lotus like that?
Old 08-17-2010

diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by VTEC-2.0
Just wondering,are you considering a used or a brand new Elise?
New.

There is a really nice used Elise for sale close to me. $5k miles, only $35000, but it's yellow and it's an '05. If I liked yellow I'd but it today, and start saving for a supercharger kit. But I don't like it.

There's also a new '08 by me in Chrome orange, not supercharged, but if the price is right I'd but that and add a SC kit.
Old 08-17-2010
Registered!!

Muirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the rough

white ftw
Old 08-17-2010
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

I would go white, or that blue 3rd from bottom on right
Old 08-23-2010
Registered!!

Connie is a jewel in the roughConnie is a jewel in the roughConnie is a jewel in the rough

White with black rims... love it! Although black cars look the best stock, white cars seem to look best with some mods, unless the car looks good murdered.
Old 08-23-2010
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all

What? They discontinued British Racing Green? That is blaspheme!
Old 08-23-2010
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

website says they still got it.

http://www.lotuscarsnorthamerica.com...8elise190.html
under "standard paint"
Old 08-23-2010
Registered!!

Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all

Thank god they still have BRG, I was about to have a nervous breakdown.

For that price you could get a used Z06. Which would spank that little foreign car!
Old 08-24-2010
Administrator
Administrator

In a straight line, yes. Not so much on a twisty track
Old 08-24-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
In a straight line, yes. Not so much on a twisty track
I beg to differ. The Z06 was built for the track. Car and driver rates the Lotus as pulling a .97 on the skid pad while the Vette pulls a .98 add the acceleration difference and Vette wins hands down on a twistie track or in a straight line.
Old 08-24-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Yea.. I thought about editing my post pretty much after I posted it.. oh well. lol
Old 08-29-2010

Originally Posted by Mad Dog Tannen
I beg to differ. The Z06 was built for the track. Car and driver rates the Lotus as pulling a .97 on the skid pad while the Vette pulls a .98 add the acceleration difference and Vette wins hands down on a twistie track or in a straight line.
You're misinterpreting the results. The skidpad is a good indication of how much speed a car can sustain in a turn, but the difference between 0.97 and 0.98 G is negligible. What isn't in that number is how well a car goes through the entire turn: initial turn in, time to settle into the turn, speed once the suspension settles, stability in transitioning from brakes to gas, and balance when accelerating out of the turn. The skidpad number is only one of those components.

The reason the Lotus is so fast on a track is because it can change direction so quickly, and with such an amazing balance. The vette takes so much more time for it's weight to shift and the suspension to settle in a turn. Put several sharp turns back-to-back and it's really struggling in comparison.
Old 08-29-2010
Registered!!

Just sayin...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o3MOd44lc8

Slalom times were... Vette: 69.2 mph
Lotus: 72.4 mph

So I will admit that it is probably pretty nice through the twisties.

Last edited by Mad Dog Tannen; 08-30-2010 at 02:09 AM.
Old 09-04-2010
Registered!!

DevinDTA is an unknown quantity at this point

Liquid blue is nice so that was my pick, but the white looks real clean though. Isotope Green looks like something you'd spit up when you have a chest cold. Just sayin'.
Old 09-29-2010
Administrator
Administrator

so, uh, diskreet.. it's been a month and a half.. We wanna see this bish! hahaha
Old 12-31-2010

FYI I ended up getting a 2008 in Chrome Orange. Thanks for all the replies.

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/4...ml#post4509614
Old 12-31-2010
Registered!!

Cool man, lets see some pics!
Old 12-31-2010

Pics in members rides section. Link is in my precious post