General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

72 Datsun 510 project...wucha think.

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010
Remebers the old days
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of light
72 Datsun 510 project...wucha think.

Here is a quick recap of the Datsun project. Let me know what you think and any ideas or seggestions are welcome.

How I bought the car.

rebulding the motor. Fresh from ceramic coating. Purty.

Now to the start of the body work.

Now after all that work. First coat of paint.

and now how its sits. I got some new Rms for it but dont have the money for tires at the moment so onec they go on and the ar gets dropped some more Ill post up some new pics.

Its still a work in progress but thats where its sits not. Once my money is right again I'll start digging in to it more.
Old 06-15-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 72 Datsun 510 project...wucha think.

Awesome.. I've always liked the 510's
Old 06-15-2010
Remebers the old days

CrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of light

I have too. I was pretty stoked to see they added it to Forza Motorsports. lol. I got the car in rough shape for $2300. Its somthing to tinker with seeing how the civic has been done for some time and My truck does not really get that much use. It only tows the cars to and from places.

That and I'm not allowed to touch my wifes 04 RX8.....weak.
Old 06-15-2010
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Aww.. no tinkering with the rotary?

What you got planned for it in the future? You got it looking nice and clean so far
Old 06-15-2010
Remebers the old days

Once I get the wheels and tires on it and readjust the ride height I want to redo the interior with all new leather. Once I have the car back to almost OEM new looking I will start working on a motor swap.

I have to decide if I want to keep the car streetable or just go all out and track it.

If I stay street then it will probibly get a KA24 turbo or SR20DET and stay stock with it

If I go track then its going to get Gutted, Caged, Tubbed with a ford rearend and Built SR20DET and pull wheelies.

I really love the car though so It might just stay street. Would be a shame to cut up an original miles and Vin number 510 with all matching numbers and parts.
Old 06-15-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Wow.. that's quite a dilemma you got there man. Then again, you can still have fun with a 240/silvia engine under the hood
Old 06-15-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow this looks like a really cool project. If you don't mind me asking what kind of budget would one need to take on something like this?
Old 06-15-2010
the best kind of lovin is from the oven!

ProjectMayhemR will become famous soon enough

Looks like you are off to a great start. Have you thought about lowering it?
Old 06-15-2010
Remebers the old days

The key is to find a car that has most if not all the original parts. The big cost in something like this is in finding replacement parts. I bought the car for 2300 and I have about 600 invested in it at the moment. I just bought new wheels so got to add that in to the list. If you do all the work yourself and have a good starting point you dont have to have a big budget at all. Plus to get the car to where it sits right now took me 9 months and I'm still not even half way to a finished product.

Oh and the car will get lowered once I have the new wheels and tires on it. You cant just go to the store and buy coilovers for this car. Everything has to be custom or cost way to much to get.
Old 06-15-2010
Registered!!

slpa2424 is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice job, I'd totally drive that.

Old 06-25-2010
Remebers the old days

Thanks guys.