General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

To Lease or Not to Lease?

Old 04-16-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spazbitte is an unknown quantity at this point
To Lease or Not to Lease?

Well I started leasing a month ago and before I bought my car I told myself save your money so you can get to california faster well the bug bit me and I feel like money is ment to sit around its ment to be spent so I have already starting buying parts for my civic but I want to know how many of you lease. And if you modded your car? And what you plan on doing when you take back the car. I know most of the stuff is bolt on bolt off but I really am sick of looking at my black dash and want to get white indiglo gauges but I know the dealerships is going to pull so crap and void warranty cause of meshing with anything close to the odometer and putting stuff on the car. The sales man was like just bring it back the way you bought it but he said it under his breath like just telling me what most people do. I want to mod and I supposed I could always buy it out and sell it cause I know my ex will be worth more than 10000 in three years but I dont know if I want to keep the car yet. I like it but the rx-8 is calling hard and so is the rsx. But any stories with the dealership and leases would be appreciated cause I dont want to void the warranty a month after I bought the car.
Old 04-16-2002
Jon
Registered!!

Jon is an unknown quantity at this point
i don't know much about leasing but my aunt and uncle leased a toyota camry and corolla back several years ago. Now that they've sold them (had to buy them cause they put so many miles on both) and gotten new cars, they told me never to lease cuz it's the worst thing you can do....i dunno, guess i'm blabbing but that's my aunt & uncle's .02
Old 04-16-2002
Registered!!

JBlazeVA is an unknown quantity at this point
don't lease
Old 04-16-2002
Registered!!

01SOHCcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah dont lease
Old 04-17-2002
Registered!!

gasboy is an unknown quantity at this point
not sure if it's any different in the united states, but here in canada, if you have your own business, then leasing makes more sense cuz it works out better as a tax write off (for financing, monthly payments are depreciated, not for lease; also, for the same monthly payment, you can get a better car with a lease; other benefits as well, cant remember them though)

gasboy
Old 04-17-2002
Registered!!

O1Coupe is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah but it.

It's a Honda Civic. The most over-priced used cars. As in, good 4 u....... high resale.