General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

WRX wants to race me.. WTF

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fivespeeder2001 is an unknown quantity at this point
WRX wants to race me.. WTF

I was driving with my wife this past weekend in Central Jersey near Rt.1. I saw this white WRX zig-zagging behind me and then passed me from the right lane. Once in front, this guy turned on and off his hazard blinker twice, slowed down and when I pulled to his side give me the "let's race look". Of course I ignored it, and he then just sped away so fast, it's gone before I can say WRX. I mean WTF, I have a stock inside out coupe and I wasn't driving aggresively. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have a WRX (I'll live with the ugly look). I just won't attempt racing a KIA Rio just to get an easy win. Is this a symptom of overcompensating for the ugly look or what?
Old 04-15-2002
Registered!!

pounds is an unknown quantity at this point
maybe he was just wanting to play a bit...

yesterday while driving back to school me and a guy driving a black svt cobra (97-98) played around for about 30 minutes...i think i surprised him a bit!!

but then again he may of just wanted to be an @ss...later in the day yesterday after i got back to campus i was driving down glenstone with some friends and passed some guy with an older eclipse (94-96)
and i guess he wasnt happy bout it...cause he pulled up next to me and just stared....i didnt bite and he drove off...looked pissed...oh well...i wasnt in the mood
Old 04-15-2002
Registered!!

SOHCScreamer is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont think its ugly, i'd say unique. or special
Old 04-15-2002
Registered!!

uicmedruss is an unknown quantity at this point
well, I say they are ugly...and they want to race all the time because it's hard to tell how ugly they are if they are moving fast [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 04-15-2002
Registered!!

fivespeeder2001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Well said uicmedruss, or they don't look so ugly because they're so far from you he.he.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 04-15-2002
Jon
Registered!!

Jon is an unknown quantity at this point
You guys think the WRX is f-ugly?? Honestly, I don't think they're that bad-looking but I still wouldn't buy them

BTW, just for anybody who cares they run high 14's in the 1/4, about 14.5 to 14.9 and that's from seeing them at the drag strip. Now thinking about it, for a turbocharged car with an intercooler that is pretty slow if, let's say, you compare it to a B16A2 with a GReddy turbo and intercooler (my friend) who run's really low 13's my .02[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG]
Old 04-15-2002
Registered!!

IMPREZiveWRX is an unknown quantity at this point

<< You guys think the WRX is f-ugly?? Honestly, I don't think they're that bad-looking but I still wouldn't buy them

BTW, just for anybody who cares they run high 14's in the 1/4, about 14.5 to 14.9 and that's from seeing them at the drag strip. Now thinking about it, for a turbocharged car with an intercooler that is pretty slow if, let's say, you compare it to a B16A2 with a GReddy turbo and intercooler (my friend) who run's really low 13's my .02[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG]
>>

Yeah, their worst "qualities" are the heavy weight, low compression, and limited boost in lower gears...on top of the looks! With a boost controller (easily made for $5) they pump out mid 13s, easy. People like him give "normal" WRX drivers a bad name...but then again, I get that from some Civic drivers. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 04-15-2002
Registered!!

Bluelle is an unknown quantity at this point

<< You guys think the WRX is f-ugly?? Honestly, I don't think they're that bad-looking but I still wouldn't buy them

>>

i dunno what ur talking about buddy but my friend has a WRX ...and he did 13.8 stock at the 1/4......and i witnessed it
Old 04-15-2002
Registered!!

Snowman is an unknown quantity at this point
One of the many reasons the Lancer Evo will own the WRX Sti is the looks.
Old 04-15-2002
Registered!!

IMPREZiveWRX is an unknown quantity at this point

<< i dunno what ur talking about buddy but my friend has a WRX ...and he did 13.8 stock at the 1/4......and i witnessed it >>

That time is kinda tough to believe...must've been one heck of a launch, with some serious shifting and perfect racing conditions. Typical stock 1320 is mid-low 14s.
Old 04-15-2002
Registered!!

moose87 is an unknown quantity at this point
i think the wrx looks pretty good - in the right color. the lancer evo looks good too...
Old 04-15-2002
AB
Registered!!

AB is an unknown quantity at this point
Are you sure that wasn't the "lets race look"? maybe it could be the "Hey sexy" look... he could be g@y...
Old 04-15-2002
Registered!!

IonRays is an unknown quantity at this point
i think i know who owns that white wrx
Old 04-15-2002
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point

<< Are you sure that wasn't the "lets race look"? maybe it could be the "Hey sexy" look... he could be g@y... >>

LMAO..[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

Like someone else said, he may have just wanted someone to play with and stereotyped you and your civic.