General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

what is a good project car to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ryan509 is an unknown quantity at this point
what is a good project car to buy?

i am looking into getting a project such as a late 90's civic or integra just wanting to know what is a good engine or year of car to look for i see alot of b18 and b16 swaps are these motors favored for some reason? mainly looking for a reliable engine that i can also get some decent hp and tq numbers out of.
Old 09-02-2009
Registered!!

civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute
Re: what is a good project car to buy?

its very possible to search google for information like this. which is why nobody has responded to your thread. do your own homework.
Old 09-02-2009
Registered!!

guess i shouldnt have joined a civic forum to learn about civics. so what are you supposed to do on here if you cant ask questions? i thought this was for ppl to ask questions and get answers from ppl who know alot about this stuff. guess i was wrong thanks anyways douche
Old 09-02-2009
Registered!!

mrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ryan509
guess i shouldnt have joined a civic forum to learn about civics. so what are you supposed to do on here if you cant ask questions? i thought this was for ppl to ask questions and get answers from ppl who know alot about this stuff. guess i was wrong thanks anyways douche
lol relax buddy, but did you really try searching before you posted? anyways are you looking to build a track monster or just a quick street car? either way you should do what most do and buy a hatch, whether its a crx, ek, or eg. Hatch's are light so when dropped with a b16, b18, b20 or even k series motors they are very quick due to the power to weight ratio
Old 09-02-2009
You Stay Classy, San Diego

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
jamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nice

best project car thats just a project is definitely not a civic. sorry guys but im gonna say nissan 240sx with sr20 or ae86 carolla gts. but idk i'd say civic with a swap if u want fwd. bseries or kseries. even h series is good
Old 09-02-2009
Registered!!

Mavrick272 is an unknown quantity at this point

You should buy my '74 Porsche 914! it's the ultimate project car, lolololol
Old 09-03-2009
Registered!!

well i am looking for something that i can learn to do stuff such as cams, valves and such i used to be into the offroading scene lifting trucks and all that and wanted to get into cars to learn about engines and work on them so really i am looking for an easy engine to work on more than anything.
Old 09-03-2009
Registered!!

cloud2987 is an unknown quantity at this point

hmm.. not sure if it has an easy engine to work on.. but I always wanted to get a third gen Toyota MR2 1990-1999. Only cause it's a mid ship and read you could upgrade the engine with to a V6. but that's just my opinion..
Old 09-03-2009
Registered!!

ya im just want good aftermarket support and what not
Old 09-03-2009
Registered!!

rednwhite04 will become famous soon enough

b16s and b18s are favored because there is a bajillion aftermarket parts/companies/no name brands that are easy to get at a decent *** price. Another reason is they are cheap engines to buy...... and they have vtak of course! EJ1 civics are pretty easy to find cheap. You can have all sorts of fun modding these engines just don't expect big numbers without boost. (it is very possible to attain very respectable n/a numbers if you know what your doing)
Old 09-03-2009
Registered!!

civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute

get a hatch and put a ls vtec in there. cheap, quick. stuff to do on it so you will learn it. then boost it later. (from a drag racing perspective). if you want to road race, get a civic si and mod the suspension while keeping the engine stock.. that way you dont have to swap for more power (which brings you into a more difficult autox class). but really, youl have better results with google rather than waiting for our responses.
Old 09-03-2009
Registered!!

JDM_Ricer is an unknown quantity at this point

or you can buy my rx-7 i have for sale, drop a small block 350 in it.. its at a real cheap price
Old 09-30-2009
Registered!!

samsilly2009 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think its better to check it through online.You will get lots of information .Which will give you a clear picture to decide.